Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 9th Sleeve - Looking for friends!

Yaaaaaaay! I'm glad you're having a great day and congrats on the weight loss! That makes sense about the headaches too. What level is your gas at now? I'm so ready to move past this stage. For days post-op every time I burped I felt like throwing up. The pain was nuts as the gas rolled up my esophagus. Now it just happens when I eat (sugar free pudding and yogurt now) or drink. Also I still have a lot of lower stomach bloating. How about you? Again I'm so glad you are having a great day!!!

Thanks Jealbaroma! It's feels like a new beginning :) Sorry to hear that gas has been so bad for you! Mine has been pretty minimal. Mainly, I seem to notice in the night. To be honest, I think it's because I can hear all of the weird noises that my stomach and intestines probably have been making all day! Have you tried the gas-x strips? They seem to help me (even if it's just a placebo effect :)

Bloating: so much of it! I managed to lose 48 lbs on a pre-op diet, and it literally looks like I have it all back on! I'm secretly hoping that it means, that once I lose all of the Water weight that I'll be like 20 pounds lighter even though I KNOW that there is no way I still have that much water left in me. Pretty much my entire massive stomach is swollen. You should consider yourself super lucky that it's just your lower abdomen!

Have you been able to get much exercise in yet? Any major pain? I'd love to hear how you're doing!

Wow! Congrats on the pre-op weight loss. That is awesome!

I will try gas-x strips. I've been thinking about it but wonder if that deters from the natural flow of this gas GETTING THE HELL OUT OF MY BODY ALREADY? Hahahaha!

I have no pain anymore, I bounced back quick however yesterday I went to costco and didn't do well. It was crowded, loud, big, etc. I usually don't care but it bothered me. My the end of our trip I was pissed off and hurting, and a little nauseous. I wanted to go home. Anyway back to work for me tomorrow however I have a desk job so it should be okay.

Thank you so much for creating this topic, it's really nice to see how everyone progresses. We are all different - that's for sure.

I hope you have another great day today!! :D

Thanks Jealbaroma! The pre-op weight loss was over a 2 month period. I'm happy about it, but I was concerned that I had almost hit a plateau. Hopefully that is not the case!

You should try the Gas-X strips, I think they literally help the gas go away (not just out quicker)!

How awesome is it that all of your pain is already gone?! I still have one incision that is giving me a hard time (less the incision, and more the muscle around it). I literally can't wait to have no pain when I sit up or sit down!

It's so nice to have everyone on here for support! No one else really understands what why we're stressing about this or happy about that.

I hope everyone is doing great out there!! It's been kind of quiet today!

I can't believe it's been one week since surgery! I seem to be doing fine and get close but don't make Protein and liquid requirements each day. Every day is a little better. Has anyone noticed their heart rate a little elevated? That and I still feel a little shaky at times. I'm going Wednesday for 1 week app so I will ask. Just wondering if others experienced this?

Haven't experienced it but I do know that both can be signs of dehydration. Once I started taking slightly bigger sips I was able to get my full numbers in. Sip sip sip!

I was very shaky up until yesterday. Today I added in pureed foods and I fell much more solid.

Had a BM today!! Whoo Hoo!!

Actually...I fell a bit guilty at how normal I feel. No pain, no gas, no trouble sleeping on either side, no trouble drinking Water, no extreme fatigue (but I have been napping each day).

I've had two moments of stress where, pre-surgery, I would have binged on food to control my emotions. Suddenly after a lifetime of shoving feelings down with food, it is completely impossible to do that! It certainly makes me realize where my focus and work need to be directed at. The physical healing is just a small small part of this process. The emotional work is just beginning.

My surgery has been moved up from 6/30 to 6/28. So excited and thankful that it wasn't postponed instead :)

Well we are officially a week and a day from having surgery.... And I feel ok so far. Still a bit sore and still get some pressure build up once in awhile. The good news is I am down 17lbs since the day of surgery and 47lbs total since mid may! Everyday seems to get easier!

Well we are officially a week and a day from having surgery.... And I feel ok so far. Still a bit sore and still get some pressure build up once in awhile. The good news is I am down 17lbs since the day of surgery and 47lbs total since mid may! Everyday seems to get easier!

I'm feeling really good for the most part, but definitely get worn out easily. The only incision that really hurts anymore is the biggest one on the lower right. I've had no problems getting in all my fluids thankfully.

I am slowly trying to incorporate more liquids in to see how I react. So far, so good. I am getting so sick of Protein Shakes though now! I could die happy if I never see another one!

Can't wait til I move onto the next stage. I want to chew something lol.

Wow 17 pounds in a week. That's amazing!!

Edited by J__ford

17 pounds?!?!?! Daaaaaaayam! Good for you!!!

So for me my pureed stage is approaching in less than a week. I'm so sick of Protein Shakes but I know they are important for lean body mass and healthy hair, skin and nails, so that motivates me.

For all of you on, or about to be on, the pureed stage this is what I've found (on this site, another topic)

--thai spice tuna pureed with Sriracha sauce
--sweet & spicy tuna pureed with low carb bbq sauce
--rotisserie chicken (no skin!) pureed with low carb BBQ Sauce, sriracha sauce, or peanut satay sauce
--chicken pureed with marinara sauce and nuked in the microwave with mozzarella cheese
--ground beef pureed with vodka sauce or tartufata sauce
--lemon dill salmon pureed with olive oil mayo
(the types of fish are those flavored tuna and salmon pouches you can pick up at the grocery store).
--sauteed shrimp sauteed with garlic aioli & mayo or remoulade

I've also read about having a small amount of refried Beans with melted cheddar cheese on top.

For more recipes I found this:

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2007/08/pureed-foods.html

Hope this helps! After finding these recipes I'm looking forward to pureed foods. This stage will be 2 weeks for me.

Let me know what you all think. :D

Thanks for sharing those recipes they all sounds amazing! I too will move to that phase next week! After being on soup/broth for a month and Protein Shakes for the same- anything sounds amazing. I even got jealous other people get to lick Peanut Butter. Lol. All in good time.

My biggest success today was finally having a BM!!!! Yay!!!!!!! Lol. I've lost 9lbs this week so I am pretty excited about that. I know that's not sustainable amount to lose each week but I can't wait to see what next weeks numbers are. I finally had my husband take the scale and hide it because I keep weighing myself. Asked him to only bring it out once a week.

Was also able to start sleeping on my back instead of propped up on pillows. It did give me a bit of heartburn when I woke up so I hope that's not an every day occurrence. I guess time will tell. Overall though, all the pain is gone and my buyers remorse is gone too! Now I'm just excited to see what my future looks like. I hope all is well for my other June sleevers out there!

Great suggestions! I can't wait to try those out, especially the chicken with satay sauce.

I started pureed yesterday. My tummy is telling me to just go with easy one ingredient stuff. I started with 1/4 cup of ricotta cheese. It went down very smooth and easy. I've had sf pudding and a Tomato bisque. Both were a welcome change from Clear Liquids.< /p>

Today I was able to eat 1/2 cup of the bisque. Took about 30 minutes.

Right now I am trying refried Beans. They are so tasty but heavy and dense. I think 1/4 cup is all I will be able to do.

I am drinking Water so much easier. I can almost do normal sized drinks...not gulps, but a slow measured drink. I WANT to gulp though.

17 pounds?!?!?! Daaaaaaayam! Good for you!!!

So for me my pureed stage is approaching in less than a week. I'm so sick of Protein Shakes but I know they are important for lean body mass and healthy hair, skin and nails, so that motivates me.

For all of you on, or about to be on, the pureed stage this is what I've found (on this site, another topic)

--thai spice tuna pureed with Sriracha sauce
--sweet & spicy tuna pureed with low carb bbq sauce
--rotisserie chicken (no skin!) pureed with low carb BBQ Sauce, sriracha sauce, or peanut satay sauce
--chicken pureed with marinara sauce and nuked in the microwave with mozzarella cheese
--ground beef pureed with vodka sauce or tartufata sauce
--lemon dill salmon pureed with olive oil mayo
(the types of fish are those flavored tuna and salmon pouches you can pick up at the grocery store).
--sauteed shrimp sauteed with garlic aioli & mayo or remoulade

I've also read about having a small amount of refried beans with melted cheddar cheese on top.

For more recipes I found this:

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2007/08/pureed-foods.html

Hope this helps! After finding these recipes I'm looking forward to pureed foods. This stage will be 2 weeks for me.

Let me know what you all think. :D

Great suggestions! I can't wait to try those out, especially the chicken with satay sauce. I started pureed yesterday. My tummy is telling me to just go with easy one ingredient stuff. I started with 1/4 cup of ricotta cheese. It went down very smooth and easy. I've had sf pudding and a Tomato bisque. Both were a welcome change from clear liquids. Today I was able to eat 1/2 cup of the bisque. Took about 30 minutes. Right now I am trying refried Beans. They are so tasty but heavy and dense. I think 1/4 cup is all I will be able to do. I am drinking Water so much easier. I can almost do normal sized drinks...not gulps, but a slow measured drink. I WANT to gulp though.

I tried the retried beans the other night. I measured out two ounces, I was so so full, buffet full. Just be careful, go slow. For me I wish I didn't finish the whole two ounces! Cottage cheese and scrambled eggs are best for me sleeve to tolerate as of now.

I'm a April 28 sleever.

Wow that is amazing loss. I'm down only 6 since surgery 7 days ago.

Having a hard time. I miss food big time. I'd kill for some scrambled eggs or cottage cheese. I have a class tomorrow. I have been able to drink 3 full shakes a day, maybe they will let me go to phase 2 instead of waiting a week.