Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 9th Sleeve - Looking for friends!

Yes I have have a 30-20-30 rule. Stop drinking 30 min before, eat for 20, drink again in 30. My watch helps. When I'm not in the eating mode I am constantly sipping from my bottle. I think it helps to get a bottle you love. I probably drink about 60oz plus.

I hit a stall. I've been trying to wait a day or 2 to weigh in. It's hard.

I am happy to be eating real food.

I was sleeved on Monday (23rd June). So am behind most of you ladies. I am only on day 3 of full liquids.

Pre surgery weight was: 182kg

Surgery Day Weight: 161kg

No weight measured till next Friday, but I too am not expecting massive losses, just a loss is better than nothing.

My surgeon & dietitian have a very strict program for food. 3 weeks liquid, 4 weeks purée, 4 weeks soft food. And even then the liquid phase is graduated, so I have to have 98g of Protein every day. But for the first two days I could only have 50ml per half hour, today it's 80ml per half hour, and it progresses up each day.

My day is a series of Optifast shakes with added protein (Beneprotein), lucky it's winter here in Australia & I don't need to add much Water for hydration on top of these, because it's a full time gig currently, I feel like atom Cruise in cocktail mixing up drinks left, right & centre.

Stall over ( for now) down 1.5 lbs. yeah!!! I am 8 lbs from my first goal- onederland here I come

Proof of not being discouraged by stalls.

Congrats. I have a tad over 7 until onederland.

Don't be surprised if trying to go under 200 is hard. When I lost about 40 pounds a few years ago and went down to 185, getting under 200 took quite awhile.

Thank you MommaCEO for the 200 lb. issue. Maybe that is my problem. I'm at 202 right now and holding steady. Although for a fleeting moment, I was 200.9. That was such a great day.........

Yes, the stall is still here. No weight loss in 12 days except for a 1 pound weight GAIN.

Lots of others have experienced the same thing, from what I'm reading. And from what I see, the stall can last a week or two.

Here is an article I found while obsessively looking for others who have stalled. I thought this was interesting...

http://www.dsfacts.com/weight-loss-stall-or-plateau.html#.U7FAqBYvvHj

Okay ladies (any men following this? I dunno) it's Monday! Let's all get on here and tell everyone our progress! I would love to hear from you!

:)

I had mine June 9.......is anyone still have stomach pains? Every time I stand up it feels like it's pulling.

Yep, still have some pain on left side, just below largest incision( my doctor takes stomach out through this side) it's not constant, not nauseous and no temp. Area is tender at times. I notice it mostly when I'm sitting. I'm keeping a close tab on it, one of my incisions is still open. It doesn't look infected

Glad to hear everyone is doing well!

I'm excited that my incisions are all fully closed and the glue/scabs have fallen off. No pulling or soreness at all really. I've been able to go back to sleeping on my stomach, and it's amazing!

I was on a mini stall (no loss for 3 days), but I just weighed this morning and I am down 2 pounds. I think I was able to break the stall by increasing my calories and cutting back on walking for two days. It seems totally contradictory, but I know I wasn't getting enough calories!

I have 99 pounds to go until my reach goal and 79 for my surgeons goal :)

Yep, still have some pain on left side, just below largest incision( my doctor takes stomach out through this side) it's not constant, not nauseous and no temp. Area is tender at times. I notice it mostly when I'm sitting. I'm keeping a close tab on it, one of my incisions is still open. It doesn't look infected

I have pain everyday...left side where doc took stomach out of. Doc says it looks good not infected... Just that every one heals different. I am still worried though..

Urgrrrr

I hit the 3 week stall the past few days. I've also been getting hungrier lately and cravings are slowly coming back. I made my son a grilled cheese Sammie last night and I wanted it bad, I didn't.

I am traveling next week for 10 days. I'm a bit nervous about the plane days and family questioning my eating.

I have been walking and intermittent jogging on my walks. Feels great!

Just wondering how everyone did over the holiday weekend?

I'm still in a stall, and I'd love to compare notes. I have been eating between 650-750 calories with 80 grams of Protein and 64 oz if Water each day. And the scale has moved by about 2 pounds in 2 weeks.

Asides from Protein drinks, I eat 2% cottage cheese, refried Beans with a TINY bit of cheese and sour cream, an occasional 1/2 Chobani, and occasional unsweetened applesauce.

I feel like I'm getting NOWHERE!

I stalled for a few days but then dropped again. I don't use Protein shakes anymore. Here is my day today.

3 slice of ham wrapped around Gouda and fryed in pan with a bit of butter

Cottage cheese - 2% I think

Greek yorgurt and a cheese stick

Beans with cheese, Greek yo and avocado

I'm on soft Proteins - cheese, lunch meats, cottage cheese, yorgurt, bean, eggs, canned meats.. And fats of avocado, olive oil, sometimes butter

My 2 cents is up fat and calories. You would be surprised if you eat more.

I hit that stall for WEEKS. I think I finally broke through, since posting about my stall I've lost 3 pounds (in a week).

My stall lasted for exactly two weeks. I read and read and read others stories to find comfort. The stall is very common and everyone kept saying 'this will pass, hang in there, this works'. But I was mad and assumed I was different, I cannot lose weight like others can. Nobody understands my body. I had a little pity party.

So I will say this: this will pass, hang in there, this WORKS! I get it now, that scale will move.

I'm eating differently than you guys though. I have a Protein shake everyday but I kinda eat what I want now as long as it's soft. No fried, crunchy, sweets, or red meat/pork. When I do eat I get a really small bowl and eat sloooooowly. I have 3 pieces of sushi and I'm done.

Can you guys feel the food going down? This is new to me. I actually feel it hit my stomach too. After a few bites I'm like 'whoa!, that's it for me!'.

I'm getting around 700 - 900 calories a day and about 70 grams of Protein. I'm NOT drinking the amount of Water I should. And I'm not exercising however tomorrow I'm going to start the C25K app.

Hey everyone!

Just wondering how everyone is doing? I'm doing pretty good. I think my stall is finally ending - I'm starting to pick up my pace on weight loss again.

Just wondering what everyone is doing for exercise? I've been walking, and starting to mix in some running (very slowly ;).

I'd love to hear how you all are doing!