Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 9th Sleeve - Looking for friends!

Lower stomach bloating? How about all over bloating?? My stomach looks like I'm pregnant and my legs are even swollen and I've lost 6 lbs but still can't fit any before clothes.

Can't wait for the bloating to go down.

Yeah.....what's up with the bloating?

For me it's my tummy and it gets bigger and bigger as the day goes on. I quit drinking cow's milk years ago because it would cause me to bloat like this. I haven't had anything but Clear Liquids in six days and I'm not gassy at all.

Water retention maybe?

Edited by Butterflyhigh

Hi fellow June niners, ok so this is a little more info than some May want to read, so just a caution,

I haven't gone to the bathroom since June 7. I'm in pain, I'm afraid to strain myself too much because I'm seriously scared that I will put too much pressure on my new belly, and that my incision will burst open! I know that it probably won't happen, but I really don't know, too much straining can't be a good idea! Ugh, of course it's Saturday and no doctors office is open right now. Do you think it's ok?

Yaaaaaaay! I'm glad you're having a great day and congrats on the weight loss! That makes sense about the headaches too. What level is your gas at now? I'm so ready to move past this stage. For days post-op every time I burped I felt like throwing up. The pain was nuts as the gas rolled up my esophagus. Now it just happens when I eat (sugar free pudding and yogurt now) or drink. Also I still have a lot of lower stomach bloating. How about you? Again I'm so glad you are having a great day!!!

Thanks Jealbaroma! It's feels like a new beginning :) Sorry to hear that gas has been so bad for you! Mine has been pretty minimal. Mainly, I seem to notice in the night. To be honest, I think it's because I can hear all of the weird noises that my stomach and intestines probably have been making all day! Have you tried the gas-x strips? They seem to help me (even if it's just a placebo effect :)

Bloating: so much of it! I managed to lose 48 lbs on a pre-op diet, and it literally looks like I have it all back on! I'm secretly hoping that it means, that once I lose all of the Water weight that I'll be like 20 pounds lighter even though I KNOW that there is no way I still have that much water left in me. Pretty much my entire massive stomach is swollen. You should consider yourself super lucky that it's just your lower abdomen!

Have you been able to get much exercise in yet? Any major pain? I'd love to hear how you're doing!

Hi fellow June niners, ok so this is a little more info than some May want to read, so just a caution, I haven't gone to the bathroom since June 7. I'm in pain, I'm afraid to strain myself too much because I'm seriously scared that I will put too much pressure on my new belly, and that my incision will burst open! I know that it probably won't happen, but I really don't know, too much straining can't be a good idea! Ugh, of course it's Saturday and no doctors office is open right now. Do you think it's ok?

Sounds like you should be a little worried! I'm surprised that they let you leave the hospital without a bm. Did your doctor talk about any Constipation meds that work work for your tummy? I would totally call the answering service for your surgeons office! That's what it's there for. The longer you wait, the worse it is going to feel! I hope you feel better soon!!

Hi fellow June niners, ok so this is a little more info than some May want to read, so just a caution,

I haven't gone to the bathroom since June 7. I'm in pain, I'm afraid to strain myself too much because I'm seriously scared that I will put too much pressure on my new belly, and that my incision will burst open! I know that it probably won't happen, but I really don't know, too much straining can't be a good idea! Ugh, of course it's Saturday and no doctors office is open right now. Do you think it's ok?

Hi cutiecake, no bowel for a week isn't a good thing. When was your surgery? You've been on fluids since your surgery or what stage are you at? Remember pain meds can cause Constipation. My DR told me it was safe to take a stool softener, NOT a laxative. So if you have those around I would try it, especially if you are in pain. Maybe just one pill (if the directions are to take two).

I had the SAME problem as you the day before yesterday (which was day 4 post-op). I'm prone to being constipated so I wasn't surprised. I tried and tried and strained and strained. Finally, yesterday morning my bowels had a Kumbaya moment and I felt MUCH better.

You can also try sipping Water like every 2 minutes and walk walk walk.

Straining is okay, it won't hurt your incisions. My DR explained it this way: we've had MAJOR surgery done, our GI is going nuts. We have to give our bodies time to get all their abilities back. It may take longer for others to achieve that.

Good luck and don't worry. If by Monday you are still waiting, call your DR.

Hey there! I'm June 19th!

I can't tell the difference from hunger pains, gas pains, incisions pain, or badly pain or too full pain.

I am sore all over. I am using the heating pad and my massage cane. I have gas pains too and even went into my shoulder last night.

I feel like I can drink plenty but maybe I am going overboard and causing myself discomfort. It's hard to tell where it's coming from.

Otherwise doing good. Down about 4 pound post surgery but I feel bloated and gassy. I have a week and half of Protein liquids. I'm a bit jealous of you guys who can eat mushiies.

I had the same problem. I tried MOM.. nothing. Finally tried Co lace stool softener, worked like a charm!

Hi cutiecake, no bowel for a week isn't a good thing. When was your surgery? You've been on fluids since your surgery or what stage are you at? Remember pain meds can cause Constipation. My DR told me it was safe to take a stool softener, NOT a laxative. So if you have those around I would try it, especially if you are in pain. Maybe just one pill (if the directions are to take two). I had the SAME problem as you the day before yesterday (which was day 4 post-op). I'm prone to being constipated so I wasn't surprised. I tried and tried and strained and strained. Finally, yesterday morning my bowels had a Kumbaya moment and I felt MUCH better. You can also try sipping Water like every 2 minutes and walk walk walk. Straining is okay, it won't hurt your incisions. My DR explained it this way: we've had MAJOR surgery done, our GI is going nuts. We have to give our bodies time to get all their abilities back. It may take longer for others to achieve that. Good luck and don't worry. If by Monday you are still waiting, call your DR.

Thanks, well I took a dulcolax, I had it in the house. It worked. I feel extremely relieved, soo much better. I didn't know I shouldn't take a laxative. Oh well, live and learn, I was just sleeved on Monday June 9. Thanks for the info

I had the same problem. I tried MOM.. nothing. Finally tried Co lace stool softener, worked like a charm!

Thank you! After taking a dulcolax a few hours ago, I'm all good. Unfortunately I didn't know that laxatives were a no no. Not in my paperwork. But thanks, I will have to buy the co lace.

So I haven't had a BM since the morning of surgery but I'm not in any pain. I added some MOM (which is the worst tasting thing ever btw) because I dont want to look up and feel terrible a few days from now. Surely I'm not the only one who took 4-5 days to have a BM? I mean, how much can be in there I'm on liquids only. Guess maybe a call to the surgeon is in order?

So I haven't had a BM since the morning of surgery but I'm not in any pain. I added some MOM (which is the worst tasting thing ever btw) because I dont want to look up and feel terrible a few days from now. Surely I'm not the only one who took 4-5 days to have a BM? I mean, how much can be in there I'm on liquids only. Guess maybe a call to the surgeon is in order?

I would. That seems like too much time without...

I didn't have a BM till day four post op and when I did it wasn't very much. at this point we are not putting much into our bodies. I had a two week pre op diet, so I doubt there was much in there anyway :)

I have too many bm, I wish I didn't. It's not fun. I was going in hospital right after the barium.

Gas x is helping me so much today. I'm using the melting strips. Didn't know I could have 2 at a time.

I was able to have 1.5 Protein Shakes with zero issues.