Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 9th Sleeve - Looking for friends!

I'm glad to hear everyone had their surgeries and seem to be progressing normally.

I had my surgery June 9th too. Pain in my shoulders was ridiculous. Gas coming out in burps and those burps HURT! I had a large hernia repaired too.

So this is day #4, been doing well on Water, sugar free Jello and sugar free ice pops. But today, and the reason I am posting, is the HUNGER! Today has been, by far, the worst. Maybe it's in my head? I don't know.

I didn't expect all hunger to go completely away but DAYAM. I wasn't expecting this much either.

Besides this the gas is mostly gone, my lower stomach is still bloated. Pain is minimal. I'm doing great!

Ten pound weight loss so far, this is all fluids I'm sure.

Now someone get me a sandwich! Hahahaha!

It's weird how different everybody feels. I've had absolutely no shoulder gas pain, and I have no hunger cravings or pain. I still am a little heavier than when I went in (by about 2 pounds), but I am still SUPER swollen. Like it looks like I gained 20 pounds in my stomach.

Today is my first full day home, and I'm doing good. I've went on two separate 8-block walks, drank 52 grams of Protein and 32 oz of Water. Not too bad!

Anyone else having issues with headaches? I have woken up with a BAD one the last 3 days. I'm praying that tomorrow morning will be different! Any ideas on how to relieve them?

Whew finally home! was just one day too much but my Doctor doesn't need any brownie points for being rush. As sweet as she is, I just wanted to say bye! lol. day 1 and 2 were hard but by the 3rd day it was much easier but still no hunger but craving vienna saugage for some weird reason. sure I haven't eaten them in years. Lets make these two months count guys!

It's weird how different everybody feels. I've had absolutely no shoulder gas pain, and I have no hunger cravings or pain. I still am a little heavier than when I went in (by about 2 pounds), but I am still SUPER swollen. Like it looks like I gained 20 pounds in my stomach. Today is my first full day home, and I'm doing good. I've went on two separate 8-block walks, drank 52 grams of Protein and 32 oz of Water. Not too bad! Anyone else having issues with headaches? I have woken up with a BAD one the last 3 days. I'm praying that tomorrow morning will be different! Any ideas on how to relieve them?

I have definitely had a lot if gas pain, but I've also been lucky in being able to get in all my water without a problem and have had no cravings.

How are you getting protein in out if curiosity? I was told only Clear Liquids first week.

I am also having headaches that wake me up in the middle of the night :-(. They seem to be gone though by the time I wake up in the morning. I have also had a few bloody noses. I guess when they give you oxygen it can cause that. I'm trying not to blow my nose too much and let it heal a little bit in there, but it's hard when you're congested.

I only had to do clear liquids for the first three days. I'm now on Protein as well . Soft protein like yogurt, cottage cheese, eggs and Protein Powder . I could do about 2 small bites of each. About 4 oz of Protein Shake during the day today.

It's weird how different everybody feels. I've had absolutely no shoulder gas pain, and I have no hunger cravings or pain. I still am a little heavier than when I went in (by about 2 pounds), but I am still SUPER swollen. Like it looks like I gained 20 pounds in my stomach.

Today is my first full day home, and I'm doing good. I've went on two separate 8-block walks, drank 52 grams of Protein and 32 oz of Water. Not too bad!

Anyone else having issues with headaches? I have woken up with a BAD one the last 3 days. I'm praying that tomorrow morning will be different! Any ideas on how to relieve them?

I've had mild headaches too. I think it might (for me) be a caffeine withdrawal. I've been taking one Tylenol a day, it helps. Pre-op I was drinking 2 - 3 cups of coffee a day and tons of Diet Dr. Pepper. Today is the first day the headaches seems to have dissipated. Let me know if they go away. Don't worry, I'm sure they will. And that's awesome exercise you are getting in! And so soon post-op!!!

Edited by Jealbaroma

I have a recipe guys! Day 5 for me introduced skim milk and Protein shakes are a must (three times a day). I got this recipe from a friend and as I type this I'm sipping on it. And it's gooooooood. And really filling too! I cannot imagine being able to down three of these a day. Awesome way to get in Protein too!!! Enjoy!

Protein Shake:

1/2 cup skim milk

1 TBSP PB2 (look it up on Amazon if you've never heard of it)

1 Scoop whey Protein Powder (I use Gold Standard 100% whey - Extreme Milk chocolate - 24g of protein per scoop)

10 ice cubes

Of course you can omit the PB2 if you wish. It really only adds a Peanut Butter flavor. The added protein is minimal. Look it up anyway, the stuff is a gift from heaven. Hahaha!

I used my blender and hit it until it was pulverized. But sip SLOWLY. I imagine this shake will last me till lunch time today.

It's weird how different everybody feels. I've had absolutely no shoulder gas pain, and I have no hunger cravings or pain. I still am a little heavier than when I went in (by about 2 pounds), but I am still SUPER swollen. Like it looks like I gained 20 pounds in my stomach. Today is my first full day home, and I'm doing good. I've went on two separate 8-block walks, drank 52 grams of Protein and 32 oz of Water. Not too bad! Anyone else having issues with headaches? I have woken up with a BAD one the last 3 days. I'm praying that tomorrow morning will be different! Any ideas on how to relieve them?

I have definitely had a lot if gas pain, but I've also been lucky in being able to get in all my Water without a problem and have had no cravings.

How are you getting Protein in out if curiosity? I was told only clear liquids first week.

I am also having headaches that wake me up in the middle of the night :-(. They seem to be gone though by the time I wake up in the morning. I have also had a few bloody noses. I guess when they give you oxygen it can cause that. I'm trying not to blow my nose too much and let it heal a little bit in there, but it's hard when you're congested.

I'm not sure how I would be getting gin all of the protein if I were on a clear liquid diet! They moved me onto full liquids by day 3 in the hospital (they had to make sure that they agreed with me before I was allowed to leave!).

I actually ended my first day at home getting 80 (!) grams of protein and I'm hoping for the same today. Here is the trick for me:

3 Protein drinks a day:

5/8 cup of unsweetened almond milk

1 scoop of chocolate splendor unjury protein powder

1 Tablespoon of PB2 (the original kind, not the chocolate kind)

Add 3-4 small ice cubes and blend it in my nutribullet.

It's super thin, tastes like a peanut putter cup, and more importantly each one is only a little more than a 1/2 cup of liquid and contains 24 grams of protein.

Basically, I just had 3 of these and then for a 4th meal, I had a cup of low sodium swanson chicken broth PLUS 1/4 scoop of chicken Soup flavored Unjury powder to get the extra protein while still having a good taste.

I'm thinking if I can keep this up for a week or so my stomach should be in pretty good shape around the time the food cravings start back up for "normal" food. :)

I can start full liquid diet as soon as I get home. first day today so I was trying passion tea and Syntrax nectar, that was A BIG fail so got

2 fat tsp greek yogurt

1/2 scoop Syntrax nectar fuzzy peach

thinned it out with almond milk

Much more yummy and tiny amount.

Slowly sipping on my evian (only Water tolerate pregnant)

My surgery was on tue June 10 at 8am. Dr was late but not too much. I was nauseous in recovery and vomited a few times and then in my room. The nausea continued so they double doeses me with zopram and comprazine. It got better but still continued the next morning. Luckily they dosed me before I had to do the X-ray with nasty contrast. Luckily I made it threw that and haven't vomited since wed am. I had moments but spitting helped.

Gas pain sucked but I was lucky it stayed in my belly. I hear the shoulder pains sucks. I was moving on the first night. I went home early after noon on Thursday. Just in time to make my 10 year old music performance. Yesterday afternoon was my last pain meds. I might do some today. Today I went to unrelated dr appointment and costco Shopping with hubby. I was slow and took breaks by sitting down. I am staying on clear liquids by choice until Saturday. No problem getting a full cup of broth and a Popsicle in. Also Water is fine. Nurse reccomend hot lemon Water in am since that is when our stomachs are most swollen, saliva from sleeping.

Day 5 and I am doing well. I've been taking a long nap each day and just totally focusing on getting as much fluids in as possible. So far today I've logged 37 oz. I will probably hit 45 oz today.

I have not had one second of a regret! I feel like this was an act of self-love, bravery, and an investment in my physical and emotional health.

Folks like us ROCK!

So today the scale finally moved! I was down 3.8 pounds than yesterday. I still am quite swollen from surgery, but I'm starting to get excited!

Also, I think I realized that the headaches that I have been waking up with in the morning are caused by the position I'm sleeping in. At about 2 am last night I woke up with a headache starting again. I added more neck support with a pillow. To be safe, I also took 2 gas-x strips, and I went back to bed. I finally woke up headache-free!

Pretty much, having a great day all-around!

So today the scale finally moved! I was down 3.8 pounds than yesterday. I still am quite swollen from surgery, but I'm starting to get excited!

Also, I think I realized that the headaches that I have been waking up with in the morning are caused by the position I'm sleeping in. At about 2 am last night I woke up with a headache starting again. I added more neck support with a pillow. To be safe, I also took 2 gas-x strips, and I went back to bed. I finally woke up headache-free!

Pretty much, having a great day all-around!

Yaaaaaaay! I'm glad you're having a great day and congrats on the weight loss! That makes sense about the headaches too.

What level is your gas at now? I'm so ready to move past this stage. For days post-op every time I burped I felt like throwing up. The pain was nuts as the gas rolled up my esophagus. Now it just happens when I eat (sugar free pudding and yogurt now) or drink.

Also I still have a lot of lower stomach bloating. How about you?

Again I'm so glad you are having a great day!!!