Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey everyone. I have 2 questions...I was banded on 5/6 and have been working out pretty much everyday for about the last week, maybe week and a half. Today my port sight is so sore. I sneezed and wanted to slap myself lol. Have I been doing too much, too soon? I have been reading stories about port flips and stuff like that and now I'm super nervous. Another thing is, my stomach has been fluttering all day long. Maybe it's gas? Has anyone experienced that. I have my 1st follow up Wednesday and I'm worried! !! :/ thanks

The port site can be sore for a while…my doc said it takes a good year for all that to fully heal up.

I was only allowed walking in the beginning so I can't really speak to the working out you are doing.

What are you allowed to do as per your docs orders at 3 weeks out? If in question give your doctors office a call….they are the best ones to answer your concerns.

Wishing you the best….let us know!

My port was really sore for 1-2 weeks after surgery. Totally normal.

My port area was sore for a full month. I would do yoga, and could only do the stuff on the left side, not the right side where my port was because it was too sore. I would ask your doctor if it a constant bad pain.

My port is still sore (surgery 5/5) and it's not flat against my skin, it's protruding out a little bit. Anyone have any idea why? It's not terribly uncomfortable but it is sore.

My doctor told me not to do anything that used any of my stomach muscles for 6 weeks. The only thing I was allowed to do was walk in a flat surface or flat treadmill. Your still healing so take it very slow. I just started working out when I broke my ankle :(

Slooooow down! Give your body a chance to heal. There is plenty of time for rigorous exercise. As RedStorm says above......just walk for now, and don't push it for another 2-3 weeks. Your body has just been through major surgery. No need to jump into high gear so soon. There is plenty of time; just allow the healing process to take place.

Thanks guys. I just see the loss as motivation and now I just want to get the weight off as fast as I can. I ate a cookie today and now I feel like total crap. Came home and wanted to get on the elliptical but thought maybe I should rest the next couple of days :/ only thing my discharge instructions really mention is not to lift anything 5-10 lbs for 4-6 weeks. I've been dancing, walking, biking, treadmill, elliptical. .alot of different things :/

Have you had your first follow up appointment. They did not tell me about the exercise not using my stomach muscles until my first follow up after surgery. I went in with a list of questions and exercise was one on the list and that is when I found out. The weight will come off when your body heals and if you are following your doctors eating plan. I am just shy of two month (surgery April1st) and I am down 43 pounds. I have really not exercised much due to my broken ankle when I finally could, but I have followed the eating plan exactly. Don't push yourself with exercise or advancing in food stages.

I know your anxious for the weight to come off and it will if you put in the effort. But remember, the 1st month to month and a half is for healing. If you lose, thats just an added benefit. As for the cookie, this is definitely slider food and you'll have to deal with that demon. Probably best not to even have them around the house. The way I do that is to buy Cookies for the gks that don't appeal to me. That way I'm not tempted. I find that if I give in to one, I'll empty the package and I'll not track them either. There are certain foods I avoid. If I bring Peanut Butter into the house, my husband lectures me, lol. This journey can be successful, but you have to definitely do your part. Forgive yourself and keep going.

No Peanut Butter here, that's for sure. I'd get out my baby spoon and have at it. Agree that however well we are doing there's no sense in putting ourselves in harm's way.

Baby spoon, teehee. I use a tablespoon. A heaping one. 2, 3, maybe 4 :rolleyes:

Thanks for all ur input guys. My 1st follow up is wednesday. I'm going back to liquids until then. I can actually eat lean cuisines and things like that this week and I think I got too excited. I don't even like cookies..or cake...or really sweets at all. I was at my friends and she offered it too me. Sounded delicious at the time !!! My biggest problem is getting on the scale everyday. I need to have someone hide it from me

I would take it a little slower for now. It's normal for your port area to be sore. I would use one of those belly bands for awhile. (The kind u get after a tummy tuck). They are really supportive for your belly:)

Good news. Just left my dr apt. And he is very proud. Asked me..When was the last time u lost 19 lbs in 3 weeks?! He made me feel awesome and my exercise I'm doing is Fine. Just stressing for no reason :) I'm very excited now