Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am about 2 and half weeks post op. For the last 2 days I have been have this pain in my left side. It will hurt sometimes if I sit down or stand up or even at times if I talk. I have not had pain in my side at all until now. Is this normal? It is almost like I have pull ed d something.

Does it feel like it's in your ribs? sounds like gas used in surgery to inflate your abdomen working itself out. Fairly uncommon this far out, but not unheard of.

Does it feel like it's in your ribs? sounds like gas used in surgery to inflate your abdomen working itself out. Fairly uncommon this far out, but not unheard of.

or it could be a leak. or a pulled muscle. thats why she should call her doctor.

Just talked to the Dr and I was told that if the pain becomes constant and increases is when I need to be concerned about it being a leak and go to the ER at that point.

No it is not in my ribs. Kinds like a cramp in my lower side.

Not to be too nosy but have you had a BM? I get a similar pain when constipated

Not since friday. I mentioned that to my doctor when I talked to her and she did not think it was related. She told me to keep an eye on my temp and watch for the pain becoming constant and increasing.

Your pain doesn't sound like this... But I feel a gurgling and pressure in my right side after eating or drinking. It sticks around for hours unless I take a walk. The pressure is just air trapped by food or liquid moving through my bowel, but it's uncomfortable.

Not since friday. I mentioned that to my doctor when I talked to her and she did not think it was related. She told me to keep an eye on my temp and watch for the pain becoming constant and increasing.

My doc says the same. However I've learned that if I take a stool softener and get things moving, the pain goes away until the next time things get blocked up.

It's worth a try

Is the pain kind of in your lower left side/back? I have pain there also. As if I've pulled some muscles. I am 7 weeks out.

I had a similar pain. It felt like I pulled something. My dr said that is the side where my stomach was removed and I'd feel some soreness for a few weeks especially after I was more physical. It took a few weeks, but went away.

My doc says the same. However I've learned that if I take a stool softener and get things moving, the pain goes away until the next time things get blocked up.

It's worth a try

Thx. I am

I had a similar pain. It felt like I pulled something. My dr said that is the side where my stomach was removed and I'd feel some soreness for a few weeks especially after I was more physical. It took a few weeks, but went away.

I am a little better today

Is the pain kind of in your lower left side/back? I have pain there also. As if I've pulled some muscles. I am 7 weeks out.

My side area is still hurting. On a scale of 0 pain-10 extreme pain, I'm at a constant 4. Calling my surgeon tomorrow to see what she thinks. Ughhhhh! I pray it's not even sleeve related. I haven't had any physical problems with the sleeve. I'm 7 and a half weeks out. I'll report back what she had to say.