Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I started on Monday, May 26 since my last weigh in will be Monday, June 30.

Monday, May 26 - 237.4

Monday, June 2 - 234.4

Monday, June 9th - 231

Monday, June 16th - 227.2

Monday, June 24th - 224.8

GW (for challenge): 218/219 (i forget which lol)

6 pounds in a week? I don't know but I'm gonna try!

Holy cow these are some big numbers..whats your secret?

Monday, May 26 - 237.4

Monday, June 2 - 234.4

Monday, June 9th - 231

Holy cow these are some big numbers..whats your secret?

Monday, May 26 - 237.4

Monday, June 2 - 234.4

Monday, June 9th - 231

Not much a secret, really. I keep my caloric intake low - I rarely ever hit 700 calories. I work out almost everyday even if some days are just a walk, other days are elliptical and treadmill and I also do some strength training - mostly my arms and abs.

The last two weeks have been rough, work out-wise. But I keep pushing through - pushing Water and fluids as much as I possibly can and upping my Protein intake - both seem to be keys to keeping the weight coming off - at least in my experience.

Not much a secret, really. I keep my caloric intake low - I rarely ever hit 700 calories. I work out almost everyday even if some days are just a walk, other days are elliptical and treadmill and I also do some strength training - mostly my arms and abs. The last two weeks have been rough, work out-wise. But I keep pushing through - pushing Water and fluids as much as I possibly can and upping my Protein intake - both seem to be keys to keeping the weight coming off - at least in my experience.

When was your surgery?

When was your surgery?

April 21... About 2 months ago.

okay Checking in: SW 225, current weight 213, Original goal was 205, I know I'm not going to hit that as I would have to lose 8 lbs this coming week (doable but not likely) so I'm shooting to hit 210 by July 4th. (don't change goal on the sheet though)

4th of July Challenge, Week 3

Border Crossings

Group average this week: 2.1 lbs lost

Group losses this week: 174.6 lbs (85 reporting in)

Total losses for the challenge: 613.4 lbs!!!

340s to 330s :: GoldnGirl6677

330s to 320s :: daw3378

260s to 250s :: joy59

240s to 230s :: mrslb5, Lynne1029

230s to 220s :: deanask8te, JLynn14, hmk715

220s to 210s :: Nurse_B, pinkbarbie

210s to 200s :: mtodd1205, Hunter

190s to 180s :: moveandgroove, Slimk

180s to 170s :: BeaAmaya, gomekast

170s to 160s :: DeezJeanz, Evolving, cprince1975

As always, my apologies if I missed anyone!

I am a bit overwhelmed with work these days as I prepare to relocate to the Middle East. I will be taking a leave of absence from my regular job for 9 months in order to 1) complete my PhD, and 2) do something I've always wanted to do...teach in a university classroom.

I am currently jumping through hoops in order to prepare my company for my leaving as well as meeting all of the strict requirements for working overseas. I will be working at the Texas A&M Qatar campus and couldn't be more excited. There are drawbacks, of course, including a serious cut in pay (I'll be making 1/7th of my current salary, and I'm the primary breadwinner!) Also, my husband will not be coming with me for this assignment, although we are hoping we can plan a trip for him to come for a visit around Christmas.

I'm telling all of this to let you know that I will not be able to manage the data for another challenge after this one. While I've had a heck of a lot of fun with these, I am just a bit overwhelmed at the moment and need to take a break. I hope that someone from this group will pick up the baton and run with it. I'm hoping someone will come up with some new ideas for the group, some new and exciting ways to keep people active, motivated, and engaged. I will miss this part of my week, this checking up on everyone and marking the group's progress, but I am in need of a break and can't figure a way around it.

Can't wait to find out who is going to volunteer to take the lead next!

Thanks so much,

Bea

Lucky you! How exciting to do something you always wanted to do. Lots of luck with PhD. Thanks for all the fun these challenges brought this group. Be sure to post from Qatar!

Good luck on your next adventure in life, Bea! I appreciate all the work you've done on these challenges!

CONGRATS BEA! Thanks for everything.

Although I know you are following your dreams, I'm completely sad that you are leaving again! I love you and will miss you! There is not enough words to say how grateful I am in your guidance and help with my new journey in life! Good luck on your adventures and don't forget about us back home! I'm so lucky to have you as my Mom! And yes, you are my Mom, there is no such thing as step mom!

By the way, I reached my Fourth of July goal!

155.8! I never thought this procedure would actually work for me, but your inspiration has led us ALL to achieving small victories!

Love you! And thanks again! I'll try to take care of Dad! Now that is a challenge in its self ????!

Hi All!

SW 239

GW 229

CW 227.6

CW:183

Bea, I am so excited for you! Thank you for all you have done for us! I will miss you but I wish you all the best!

Time for the next challenge...

4th of July Challenge!

Here we go with the rules and instructions:

1. Be sure and log in here on Friday, May 30, 2014 to post your start weight and your goal weight for the challenge.

2. When setting your goal, keep in mind that this challenge is only 4 weeks long (5 weigh-ins).

3. Weigh in every Friday and post your updates here.

4. Watch the data at 4th of July Challenge (click to be taken to an online spreadsheet) to see our progress as individuals and as a team.

GOOD LUCK!

Note for you non-USA folks...even though it is not your country's Independence Day, it is definitely your country's "Fourth of July" (I mean, it's the 4th of July everywhere, right?!?) So here's hoping you'll think of this as a holiday to share with us and join in on the fun here. Happy 4th of July, folks!