Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One of my absolute fav low carb Snacks is filling a plate with pepperoni and sticking it in the microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute and getting it all crispy and maybe adding some cheese (dabbing off grease along the way). I just ate some. Yum yum yum

sounds great how many calories?

I don't know I guess it depends on how many you put and what brand. I don't count calories only carbs. I don't imagine I eat very many calories because I don't eat very much at all because of the band

Just watch out for the sodium Wendy. There's alot of it in processed meats...

Low carbing tends to bring down your sodium levels because when your insulin levels go down your body starts shedding excess sodium and Water. It's actual crucial for low carbers to replenish sodium and because I don't eat very much food I add salt to taste and occasionally eat processed meats.

Excellent! Good info to know. As one who loves and has to be very careful about carbs, I'll never have this issue...LOL.

Excellent! Good info to know. As one who loves and has to be very careful about carbs, I'll never have this issue...LOL.

Lol I love carbs too but it looks like even with the band I can't be successful unless I cut them out. They are an addiction for me. My surgeon says that the band doesn't work as well on carbs and sugars and I seem to find a lot of truth in that. He said to look at it like a sand timer and the carbs are the sand, it goes through kind of quick, but if you were to fill it with gravel instead (protein) it wouldn't go through as quickly.

That's also why I posted this thread in the low-carb forum

Yes...there are alot of low/no carb bandsters on the forum. I keep it to a minimum and make sure I get my Protein and veggies in as well so that I don't overdo on the carbs. And I never snack on anything carb or sugar. I'd rather eat a handful of nuts or some cheese before going to cookies/chips or some such type of items.

Heck...it's taking all my willpower to not scarf down the onion rolls sitting on the kitchen counter (I'm staying at my folks in Florida this week and they keep so much crap in the house...)

I certainly do have times where I go crazy! After a very stressful Microbiology final where I was on the brink of failing the class, I had taken the final and knew I had done very well and passed my class (last class needed to be accepted to the nursing program), I decided to Celebrate and go all out with tequila sunrises and fried shrimp with honey mustard dressing! It didn't stop there! The whole week I ate carbs like a mad woman but then I had to get back on track and I also got another fill which helped!

Those DAMN CARBS!