Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How the heck do you keep your carbs under 50 when a banana is 30 carbs?!

I try to keep to 40 carbs/day and it is totally do-able. However, I would say bananas are pretty much out of the picture.... lol

When was everyone allowed to eat raw vegetables like salads? I'm 6 weeks out and not sure when I can start eating them. My doctor didn't give me any specific guidelines he just told me to start adding new foods.

Once you're on full solids you can start experimenting to see what agrees with you. The trick is to introduce a bite of one new food at a time to see if it goes dowm well. Don't start with a complex salad with dressing because if something bothers your sleeve you won't know what it is. Remember your stomach is still recovering. I could eat some things like lettuce and cucumbers at the second month but it was five months before i could eat tomatoes and raw onions. dressings are still questionable i only use olive oil and balsamic vinigar or greek yougurt with some spices

I was just told to stay away from bread, rice, potatoes, and anything of that nature. Besides that I was told to eat my Protein first then my veggies and if there is still room the fruit.< /p>

I was just told to stay away from bread, rice, potatoes, and anything of that nature. Besides that I was told to eat my Protein first then my veggies and if there is still room the fruit.< /p>

My doctor didn't tell me to stay away from any of that! He told me basically if I do eat something bad jury make sure it's solid so I'll eat less!!!

My dr advises no rice, bread, Pasta, or potatoes for 1 year.

I don't. Count carbs I just don't eat any pure carbs. ..bread, pasta, rice, Cereal, potatoes. If there are a few carbs in other foods that is fine but I always look for more Protein than carbs. I finally learned to eat salad at 7 months and that was great. fruit is ok for me...but small amounts.

This is an awesome thread. My Protein always reaches 80+ per day but my carbs range between 85-110. I eat a lot of fruit, veggies, yogurt, and eat Quest bars a few times per week. I do eat meat but it isn't my favorite and I hate fish so I really struggle. Any suggestions are most welcomed.

Beans? They have a lot of Protein. There are quite a few soy-based products out there as well that are very good for high protein/low carbs (sadly, I'm soy intolerant, so need to stick with meat as much as possible). Do you like eggs and egg beaters? That's good protein as well (I'm assuming you're looking for sources of protein other than meat?)

Look, don't judge, but I ate a whole Plantain (Very Ripe) banana the other day because I hadn't eaten and I was craving that banana. It was sooo good! But that was a wrap for the rest of the evening. I didn't get my Protein for that day either for the sake of that banana - and a big one at that! The next day I recovered with eating more Protein.< /p>

I agree however, it does have a lot of carbs in it, but oh well. Variety is the splendor of life!

Cheers~

I post lots of high Protein low carb recipes. I keep carbs under 45 gms per day and that means no fruit really. The recipes are at www.twosleevers.com and many are slow cooker ones that can be assembled he night before.

I post lots of high Protein low carb recipes. I keep carbs under 45 gms per day and that means no fruit really. The recipes are at www.twosleevers.com and many are slow cooker ones that can be assembled he night before.

Thanks!

This is a very nice and interesting site... Thanks very much for this!!

I absolutely cannot wait until I can try some of these recipes! I'm only on the full-liquids stage, but I printed off a bunch of recipes from your site. The rest of the family is actually on-board with quite a few of them as well, which is doubly nice :D

This is an awesome thread. My Protein always reaches 80+ per day but my carbs range between 85-110. I eat a lot of fruit, veggies, yogurt, and eat Quest bars a few times per week. I do eat meat but it isn't my favorite and I hate fish so I really struggle. Any suggestions are most welcomed.

Beans? They have a lot of Protein. There are quite a few soy-based products out there as well that are very good for high protein/low carbs (sadly, I'm soy intolerant, so need to stick with meat as much as possible). Do you like eggs and egg beaters? That's good protein as well (I'm assuming you're looking for sources of protein other than meat?)

My NUT said that soy is a biiiiiiig nono and it isn't really good for you. She encouraged me to drop dairy milk and pick up almond milk, when I mentioned soy she laid it on thick to avoid it like the plague...

@@MistyAnnMoon829 heh...I just picked up almond milk for the first time today. I will admit I don't pay much attention to soy. I can't have it, so I don't know much about it other than a lot of people use soy products as a Protein replacement. I wonder if that's why my NUT mentioned almond milk over soy milk before I even mentioned my intolerance?

I havent eaten bananas in almost a year. I'm almost 11 months post op a d about 110lbs down with about 40 to go. I stay under 40 carbs per day. It's just not worth it to me.