Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today, for the first time in years, I went shopping. At the mall. For clothes. For myself! It felt amazing to be able to fit into clothing that is sold locally and not have to order it online like a hermit. I tried on clothes, not circus tents, actual clothes! And I bought stuff, not just because it fit and I had no choice, but because I actually LIKED the way it looked. I know it's still early, but this is great motivation for me. I can't wait to see all the changes that are to come.

That's good congrads. I am super excited to go shopping

Congrats on your progress!

Shopping is amazing now, not a dreaded task! I'm 10 months post-op, 120 lbs down and finally fitting into a size 12. Still have 40lbs to go until I teach my goal but I feel amazing.

Today, for the first time in years, I went shopping. At the mall. For clothes. For myself! It felt amazing to be able to fit into clothing that is sold locally and not have to order it online like a hermit. I tried on clothes, not circus tents, actual clothes! And I bought stuff, not just because it fit and I had no choice, but because I actually LIKED the way it looked. I know it's still early, but this is great motivation for me. I can't wait to see all the changes that are to come.

Isn't it fun? Shopping has been my motivation through the whole experience! It's a pleasant activity instead of the dreaded experience that used to cause tears and bouts of depression. Now everything I try on fits, although sometimes I tend to grab clothes to try on that are too big because I still can't believe I'm that small! I like to try on clothes for fun, without even buying anything. It's like playing dress-up, and it helps me figure out what size I really am. Today is my day off and I'm about to go off on a mission to find a maxi dress in a petite small - very difficult to find a petite short enough for my five foot frame... :-)

I'm SO looking forward to shopping!!! I'm not a fashion hound or anything but I love shopping.

I'm currently playing around with Gwynnie Bee at http://goo.gl/hvmlhe ... have you seen it? They carry clothes sizes 10-32. You pay a monthly subscription fee, shop around on the site and add clothes to your "closet" and then they ship you clothes -- you keep them as long as you want, then return and they ship you more stuff from your closet. I'm on the "3 out at a time" plan and pay $39 a month to have 3 outfits out at any one time. I'm thinking this will be a great way to have a couple of nice things to wear and as I lose weight, I can just put smaller things in my closet. That way I'm not buying things in sizes I won't be able to wear more than a month or so.

Right now, they're offering your first month free to try them out. They normally ship out in 2-3 days but I got an email saying mine was delayed another 2-3 days so they're crediting me an extra week.

At least it's an option to get some smaller clothes in the closet while you're still losing.

I'm SO looking forward to shopping!!! I'm not a fashion hound or anything but I love shopping.

I'm currently playing around with Gwynnie Bee at http://goo.gl/hvmlhe ... have you seen it? They carry clothes sizes 10-32. You pay a monthly subscription fee, shop around on the site and add clothes to your "closet" and then they ship you clothes -- you keep them as long as you want, then return and they ship you more stuff from your closet. I'm on the "3 out at a time" plan and pay $39 a month to have 3 outfits out at any one time. I'm thinking this will be a great way to have a couple of nice things to wear and as I lose weight, I can just put smaller things in my closet. That way I'm not buying things in sizes I won't be able to wear more than a month or so.

Right now, they're offering your first month free to try them out. They normally ship out in 2-3 days but I got an email saying mine was delayed another 2-3 days so they're crediting me an extra week.

At least it's an option to get some smaller clothes in the closet while you're still losing.

This is a great idea! However, the site says 79 dollars a month for the 3 outfit plan? How did you get it for 39? Was it a special?

Oops -- I had the amount wrong and you're right -- it's $79... sorry for the misinformation. I still plan to use it for at least a couple of months while I'm in the fast losing stage (at least I hope it's fast-losing...).

Ginger

I work at a school that is church owned and they have periodic rummage sales. They are having now and I went and tried on about 20 outfits yesterday. I came home with 16 blouses!!!! I paid on average $3.75 a piece and it felt so good to try on things that actually looked great. When the next one comes i plan on doing it again and giving them all of these clothes because I plan on them being too big! What a joy this is. I am wearing a new top today and feel great. We need NSVs like this to boost us along and confirm we are on the right track. That closet idea sounds cool too. May have to check that out!

I think I'm going to do this :)

I love shopping now for new clothes, but I have learned the hard way that it is best to shop at the consignment shops until you have lost all the weight you want to loose , I have wasted so much money or buying new clothing to be out of them in a few weeks, I now only shop at those stores or on ebay. Good luck everyone and congrats on your weight lost.

I got lucky with clothes. The store deb in our local mall was closing and I got jeans for 4 bucks each (next 3 sizes down) and shirts for 5 bucks. It was awesome. If not for that I just live in Wal-Mart's cheap sales lol

I followed this thread last year when I was newly sleeved. Unfortunately, I didn't take the advice above and bought tons of clothes in interim sizes. It took so long to get down below plus size that I thought my progression through the regular sizes would be similarly protracted. Wrong! I dropped sizes in a few weeks time, even though the number of pounds I was losing per week was less than before. Sizes are tricky.

I am Ross' best customer. I just went in (on their senior discount Tuesday) and bought almost a whole Spring wardrobe. So much fun. The biggest shocker? In some brands, I'm now a size 4. When I started my weight loss Quest, I was finding my size 28 tops tight.

I'm only a little over a week post-op but shopping for clothes seems fun again! I realized when I bought something that even if it doesn't fit right now, it WILL fit soon and that's awesome. I also had purchased some new undies way before surgery that were really tight and they already fit perfectly, as hard as this post-op has been I wouldn't change it for anything, its awesome to know I can shop again for clothes! :D