Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone from Rhode Island/New England area?

I'm just starting my journey (over).... I went through the entire pre-op testing almost 3 years ago but didn't go through with surgery because I learned I was going to lose my health insurance 2 days post op, so I didn't go through with it. Now I'm starting over again with the dietitian, psychological evaluation, gallbladder ultrasound, etc. The gastric sleeve is the procedure I have decided on and just barely made it with the minimum BMI (down 20 pounds from last time)! Since I am new to this app I am looking for support, understanding, and encouragement of those going through similar situations and struggles.

Hi there!

I am from Maine. I started out with a low BMI too. Have been very excited to see the health and physical changes afforded me by the sleeve. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions!

Hello! I'm from Rhode Island. I live in Charlestown. You?

Hello I'm new to New England. I live in Fall River Massachusetts. Almost done with my list have 3 workshops to do next month then I will be given a date. Looking like August according to South coast Bariatric program layout.

Hello everyone! I live in westerly RI. Getting my second psych eval July 11th which I will pass and hopefully sched to be sleeved in August @yale????????

I'm from Johnston and also going with Dr. Pohl for a bypass surgery. I just met with him last week for a consult and spent all this morning scheduling all the pre-op appointments. So many doctor visits in such a short time! Usually I'm a huge procrastinator about those so the fact that I did it right away is an encouraging sign of how much I really want this.

I'm from south shore MA... RNY 12/31 ar Beth Israel in Boston... have been looking to connect with others in my area but am having a hard time finding people :(

Hi, I live in Maine. I'm looking forward to my surgery in October.

Finally got a date August 19 at Tobey Hospital in Wareham! Wooo hooo. !!! SO EXCITED!!!

Hello, I had my sleeve surgery on 12/31 at UMass Medical Center and live in Douglas, Ma, (just over the RI line.)

me! I am Becky, and am investigating gastric sleeve

Finally got a date August 19 at Tobey Hospital in Wareham! Wooo hooo. !!! SO EXCITED!!!

that is where I had my surgery july2013 I am 18 months out and 175lbs down from the beginning of my journey and 140lbs down from my preop weight! Who is your surgeon?

I am from New Bedford, ma and had my sleeve done at Tobey hospital in Wareham . I am 18 months out my beggining weight was 295lbs my preop weight was 260lbs and my current weight is 120lbs