Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I got sleeved May 15,2014

Hey Dragon Fly

I was sleeved on the 14th. Sounds like you really need to up your Water intake. It really will help rid your body of the excess fluids they pumped into you via your IV. I only think I figured out a way that works for me to get the 8 glasses of Water in yesterday but I was doing ok before. I use the little Dixie cups (3oz) and drink 3 of these an hour. Plus I make sure to get out and walk around the house every hour to help with the gas. Although, this hasn't been horrendous for me. I have lost 8 iOS since being home but I notice it fluctuates daily. Right now do your best to get your liquids in so you do not get dehydrated

-Nancy

Take a deep breath, Dragonfly#, it's going to be all right. Your body just went through some serious stuff, and it's trying to figure out what's going on. Focus on getting the Protein and Water in and, yes, walk as often as you can. Heating pads helped me a lot with the pain.

Don't panic, you're going to do great! I wish you a speedy recovery.

Be well…

So s I'm reading through all the posts and replays .. It is finally hitting me that in order to lose weight more effectively meals will need to be replaced by Protein Shakes and exercise for faster results?? Am I correct??? So when can I start Protein shakes during post op?? I was instructed on the clear liquid diet for the first week..crystal light , Jello, Water , and of course all sugar free.. .. Just not feeling satisfied .. Any suggestions?

So as I'm reading through all the posts and replys .. It is finally hitting me that in order to lose weight more effectively meals will need to be replaced by Protein Shakes and exercise for faster results?? Am I correct??? So when can I start Protein shakes during post op?? I was instructed on the clear liquid diet for the first week..crystal light , Jello, Water , and of course all sugar free.. .. Just not feeling satisfied .. Any suggestions?

Sorry it's 2:00am and I'm really excited after reading thought this site :) excuse my misspelling ... I really appreciate all the advice.. Dragonfly#

I was sleeved 5/15 also, and today is the first day I showed loss since the hospital. I've been struggling with my Fluid intake, because I just don't feel like drinking (yes, I drink anyway, but it's not always easy). I'm alternating Water and juice currently (I have little Jello shot glasses that we use to feed our geckos. They're 30 ml like I was given in the hospital, and I have a counter beside me for whenever I finish one) I just started my Protein liquids today, and managed a whole four baby spoons full of yogurt mixed with Protein powder =P

You'll start your Protein shakes/protein liquids when the doctor gives you the go-ahead. Mine was at 5 days. Others were on protein liquids before leaving the hospital (and there are clear protein liquids that you can get now...I think someone mentioned Isopure?) Those may give you a fuller feeling than Clear Liquids...although honestly, I never felt hungry on the Clear Liquids. I was too busy feeling gassy to feel much else =P

Best of luck on your journey :)

I was sleeved on May 15th. I am in clear liquids which include clear Proteins. Having trouble getting all the necessary Protein in, and feel lethargic if I go too long without some form of Protein Drink. Ready to feel like me again and have energy. Took off a few days from work and have to lay down for 30 min naps periodically to get by. Going to get Isopure today had a friend say it is a decent source if protein. Ready to be at week 4 and start living again!

Congrats on your next step to soft foods!!! That's awesome!!! So I too just saw my first 5 lbs gone on my 5th day post-op. Yes!! Finally! I woke up this morning with a whole different vision because of of all the info I have read and advice I have received. Went straight from bed to walk , of course after brushing my teeth, lol. Came in and drank 8 oz Water . Step on on scale and am smiling from ear to ear. Next step is increase Protein .. So how does that clear Protein Drink taste?? And how much walking is sufficient?? Thanks for your ideas , support and advice!!! We can do this!!!

Thanks

Dragonfly#

Hey Dragon Fly and other lets all try to keep in touch since our surgery dates are all within a day or two!

I had my surgery May 14th! First 6 days have been rough. Also struggling to get liquids in. Protein Drinks are not even a little appetizing! Have lost 8lbs since surgery and about 20 total. Feeling not so fabulous, but hopeful that more Fluid intake will help! Tire easily and just drained. Wishing these first 2 weeks away so I can start on soft mushy foods. Yogurt sounds heavenly right now! Too thick though, according to dr.

Z

Keeping in touch sounds great to me as well! It's nice to know how others are progressing to gauge my own progress! The Isopure drink (at health good stores) is not bad at all. I have only tried grape and got 10 oz of it in today so that = 20 grams Protein.