Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm a little over two years out. I'm eating like crazy again. I've done this before and put on 12lbs. I'm up 8 so far and I can't get a grip!! I need a swift kick in the ass!!!

How about we encourage you to do what you know is going to be helpful?

Measure your portions

Eat lean Proteins that aren't fried, cooked in a lot of butter and fat

Eat veggies

Drink lots of Water and 0 calorie drinks

Exercise daily for 30 minutes

I'd rather do that, as I think we've all been kicked in the pants at one time or another. :)

Take a deep breath...You got this! :)

You CAN do this. You know what to do! Join us here for lots of encouragement and support. You're not alone :)

I can Sympathize. I hadn't lost barely any weight after a year and I go through spurts where it seems like I eat my way through the day :/ I started phentermine 4 days ago and lost 9lbs already. I needed a re-start to get my mind and tummy back on track! Keep the faith :)

I wish I could get a hold of some phentermine for some rocky situations. It would be nice to have something to lean on, ,when you know there are going to be goodies and temptations at a social engagement.

Without that, it's digging deep for willpower. Sometimes I have to make cards and look at them frequenly, encouraging myself. I put them in the car and on my mirror and carry some in my purse. I am so afraid of gaining and it's soooo easy!

Phentermine is an appetite suppressant. Are you going to places hungry? Don't they have any healthy Snacks? Those are great options and will help you in vitamin/minerals department. Another option is eat before hand.

Anything else, the phen isn't going to help you with.

I wish I could get a hold of some phentermine for some rocky situations. It would be nice to have something to lean on, ,when you know there are going to be goodies and temptations at a social engagement.

Without that, it's digging deep for willpower. Sometimes I have to make cards and look at them frequenly, encouraging myself. I put them in the car and on my mirror and carry some in my purse. I am so afraid of gaining and it's soooo easy!

I hear ya girl! I have found the phentermine to be incredibly helpful in getting back to making the right food choices and having the energy to exercise. Talk with your Dr. and see if its right for you!

Same boat, recently I've relapsed back in to my old ways. Luckily we caught it before getting too deep. Go back to the basics and restart the weight loss journey. I've been having luck so far by doing that. It sucks, and it's hard, but we knew going in it'd be hard to do. Just gotta right the ship and get back on track.

I too have been struggling lately. Lots of stress in my life and I am starting therapy to work things out (nothing weight loss related, just crap from my previous work situation and PTSD)

I find that I loose control of my eating at about 3 in the afternoon and will eat constantly. Today I actually ate a bowl of apple jacks (for the first time in over a year) and dumped. You would think that would give me a wake up call. No... instead I threw up (nausea from dumping) and then laid around my house, munching on pistachios, cottage cheese and beef Jerky. I counted up all the food calories and have eaten over 1500 cal. I know what to do but cannot seem to control myself. I have tried the "pep talk" and drinking Water first but feel depressed.

Sorry to go on about my woes but needed to put my frustration online (hoping this will help me get back on track)

Change what you are doing at three. Usually at home in front of the TV? Go shopping or for a walk. Leave around 2.

If you can't leave the house, choose an activity in the house that's not conductive to eating. Gardening, making a craft, cleaning a closet.

Make a planned snack for this time of day. Portion it out and package it up first thing in the morning or the night before.

Get the pistachios out of the house. Give them away or toss them.

Therapy will help.

Best wishes on your journey,

Lynda

We're here to listen. I second everything said above.

Let me ask you - what do you like to do to feel good about yourself? What about pampering yourself? Sounds like you use it. You are beating yourself up: maybe a warm bath, get a massage, a pedi and mani?

:)

Thanks for the input. Getting out of the house in the afternoon is tough for several reasons. I live in Tucson so the heat is too much for my 95 y/o grandfather who is living with me at the present (also going for a walk is out for the same reason) I have had to change my exercise program to in home since he moved in with me. As for pampering myself, I am on a VERY limited income (unemployment) at the present and every penny counts. The plus is that I won't buy junk food, the minus is I stress more when I realize I am munching through what is in the house.

I do have several craft projects in progress around the house and try to use these to stop eating and I try not to have the TV on so I don't sit around to eat.

I also have a scheduled snack at 3 (usually 1/4 cup of cottage cheese or yogurt) and try to stick to Water until dinner. Honestly the challenge is after dinner. I will take the tips given here and work on keeping to my goal to have a healthy life.

Thanks to you all.

Hmmm hey this is dumb but what about the gardening thing? You could grow some things in that warm weather. That would help with food and getting you out. It would be cooler in the evenings and with the light being out until 730 or 8, that would help that some.

What do you like to read? I'm not a fan of TV. I never was. Even as a kid we watched a few things together but I don't care for the mind & ethics destruction that TV is.