Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I need to get back on track....I need support!

I was banded in december, I initially lost 56 pounds all together during this process. I get such small fills each time I see a dr. I only get a .3 fill, I'm getting one tomorrow. I'm only up to 3 cc's in my 10 cc band. I feel frustrated that the process is so slow, I feel almost no restriction except in the morning. By the end of the day I cant seem to feel satisfied unless I overeat. I have been exercising more than ever, Im walking a 2mile trail 3 times a week. I am hungry all the time. I know that part of it is that I havn't been as good with dieting. But the Protein Shakes do not fill me up and I am hungry right after drinking one. I have depression and it gets so bad sometimes that I break down and eat the things that are easy like ice cream or chips. I KNOW I SHOULDNT EAT THEM! I cant seem to stop myself. I end up hating myself and lose the motivation even more after I cheat because I feel like "whats the point?" What are your suggestions? is there like a support group I can go to? Am i the only one who feels like I am failing?

The worse part is the feeling when I have gone into the Dr's the last 2 times and have not lost weight and I feel like shit

Edited by kassy07

@@kassy07 I'm not sure if I'm the best at motivating people on here, but it sounds like you need to take a step back and remind yourself why you got WLS to begin with. Also, your weight loss is good and you should be proud of what you've accomplished this far. We all knew or should have known that this process would not be easy. We all have/had to face our challenges with food. After all, the band is there to help us it doesn't cure us. This is the time when you have to dig deep because only you can WANT this for yourself...and let me just say you deserve it.

If your surgical center does not offer support groups see what you can find on Facebook. You can also check out the mentors section on this site to see if there is someone you can connect with and have some accountability to. When I feel down I read through some of the success stories on here or listen to my favorite music. Exercise even helps tremendously to keep my eye on the prize. Your self sabotaging by going for sliders. Don't keep them in the house if you can help it. Have faith that you'll get to the green and teach your mind to listen to your band...not just your head. Ask yourself if you're truly hungry or are you bored, lonely, depressed, anxious. I used to be an emotional eater. I still struggle, it's not always easy, but I want to be a thinner and healthier me more than I want to eat crap food.< /p>

You've got this! Don't give up on YOU!

I feel ya sister. I have gone back to eating foods that are pre-labeled with calorie counts on them. Yogurt, healthy choice, sugar free pudding and jellos, yogurt, I make a vegetable Soup that I eat for lunch. All fresh veggies with Taco mix seasoning. It is so hard I have stalled with my weight loss but don't really know if I need another fill. I go tomorrow for an appointment lets see what the Doc has to say. Good luck to you.

Some days are harder than others but you can get through this...

Look how far you have come…you have had a great weight loss and stalls/plateaus whatever you want to call them are going to happen at times…especially when you arent making the best food choices.

I know for myself, in the past, when I hit a bump in the dieting road I would have gained weight back….you said you have at least held your own…that is an accomplishment all by itself. Would the pre-WLS you gained weight in a situation like that?

As for making poor food choices, I understand. I had surgery in september and some days I get a little complacent…lets see how far I can "push" things. Noone is perfect…each day begins anew for a reason. Just take one day at a time and do not beat yourself up for the past. It is over with and cannot be changed but you can focus on the here and now and make the best decisions you can.

As for the Protein shakes…I know my nutritionist says to get rid of those, I know many people use them, I do not. I eat all solid foods and it hold me so much longer. If you are exercising that much more maybe you need to up your Protein a little more…could that be why your hunger is worse. It sounds like you are still trying to find the green zone…..I hear it takes time…and patience. You can do it.

Look how far you have come…I always say to myself…"go ahead and go back to old ways….see where that will get you….how happy will you be then?". I hung a before and after pic on the kitchen refrigerator and in the bathroom….sometimes I just need to see it and remind myself how far I've truly come.

Hope that helps you in some way…keep us posted…good luck!

I feel ya sister. I have gone back to eating foods that are pre-labeled with calorie counts on them. Yogurt, healthy choice, sugar free pudding and jellos, yogurt, I make a vegetable Soup that I eat for lunch. All fresh veggies with Taco mix seasoning. It is so hard I have stalled with my weight loss but don't really know if I need another fill. I go tomorrow for an appointment lets see what the Doc has to say. Good luck to you.

You're diet consists of mainly slider foods you know? You're not using your tool if this is what you eat. A consult with your nutritionist might help you out?

Thanks you guys! It is good to hear from you guys, I am making it my goal as of today to not keep any slider foods in my house... my problem is that I am not feeling any restriction except in the morning, that is why this is hard for me. I have my appt today for another fill and I am going to talk to them and see what I can do. I guess I just dont feel the weight loss yet because I was at such a high number when i started. what are some high Protein foods you guys suggest that keep you full?