Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

40 and headed for Fabulous

Well guys, I've got three days left before surgery. I turned 40 3 weeks ago and promised myself the next chapter of my life would be better than the first. I started researching 3 years ago. I was scheduled twice to go to Mexico and chickened out. I just wanted to feel more comfortable that I had a surgeon who was closer at home for follow up care. I'm 5'2, my highest weight was 212 and currently while on pre op I'm 204. I have all the damn co-morbids ( high blood pressure, high cholesterol, sleep apnea, GERD and hiatal hernia), except for diabetes but I'm sure I would have been well on my way. I started my US insurance journey 6 months ago and now I am here. Who knew I was a mess and had to face reality, lol. I just want to feel healthy again. The last 7 years of my life have been miserable!!! I am looking forward to a new, healthy life style. I want to run again and be able to sleep without this damn mask. I feel like a super hero with this thing stuck to my face every night. Not to mention, it's just not sexy, lol. I guess I'm ranting as the nerves are setting in a bit. I just wanted to introduce myself and say hey to all. i look forward to supporting you all as well as receiving support. Im Gonna journal daily for those who have not been sleeved yet. It sure helped me to read the post of others! Later all.....

funny, i turned 30 three weeks ago too and promise myself the samething. and like you i also was schedule to go to Mexico and chicken out :) but this time around we will make it happend :)

Hello, I am 5"1, my highest weight 256lbs, currently 220 lbs, have been fighting diabetes and up/down weight for over 10 years . I was able to get off insulin 5yrs ago, but still take these big horse diabetic pills daily.. and still have a problem with eating right, which I can feel the after effects of eating too much sugar/carbs. I am still on the fence as to gastric bypass or sleeve, because the bypass has high success rate 90 percent to put diabetes in remission, but it also in the most dangerous ..This Tuesday 5/20/14 I go for my surgeon visit ,psych eval. and nutrition visit total of 3 hours. If I am considered a good candidate they will give me a surgery date. I am really nervous about the surgery. I have been lucking enough to have had a lot of hospital stays in my 43yr old life. But, I will keep you posted on how it goes and my journey, thanks a lot for the post. It is good to know that someone else is can understand my journey.

Skinnyana, it's funny how milestones make you look at your life. I know we are going to do well (eventually, lol). It's just hard to believe that Wed morning, I will finally do this. Whew!

Yfoster 1, believe me I know your pain. I battled with it so much but I finally rationalized in my head (I'm getting the sleeve), that my stomach isn't supposed to be stretched out into this huge mess that I've made it anyway. If I didn't make such horrible food choices,it wold probably be a lot smaller. I guess if they have to take part of it, it won't be so bad. Besides, I think about how freakin horrible I feel everyday. I mean all this weight has such a negative effect. This is TMI, but just after sitting on the toilet for 3 minutes, my damn leg went numb from all the weight pushing down on my thigh. AAAAAARRRRGGGHHHH, that's not supposed to happen, lol. Your a small person as am I. So I can imagine how difficult it is carrying the extra weight. We deserve this and we are going to do great. (Although,I'm sure I will be moaning, groaning and everything else on Wed, lol).

I'm 44 and my surgery date is June 24th. My highest weight 360lbs. My current weight 350lbs. I'm 5'9" and am not sure how much I should weigh, but I'm on 3 meds, back, joint, neck pain, etc. I've been approved by my insurance and my preop class is this Monday. Could they reschedule because I haven't lost a lot before surgery?

I'm 44 and my surgery date is June 24th. My highest weight 360lbs. My current weight 350lbs. I'm 5'9" and am not sure how much I should weigh, but I'm on 3 meds, back, joint, neck pain, etc. I've been approved by my insurance and my preop class is this Monday. Could they reschedule because I haven't lost a lot before surgery?

My surgery was on the 24th other than the gas pains I'm good