Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone lost weight without exercise

He started out with "pre-squats". For example (this is hard to describe), squat to row. You stand at a machine with your arms in a Y and hands on handles with weights. You squat (as far as you can with good form) and the weights kind of help. As you stand up, you pull your elbows back in a "row" bringing your shoulder blades together.

He had me doing rear lunges (as far as I could go - didn't need to go all the way).

He also had doing exercises to strengthen my inner thighs on the machines (hamstring machine).

Later, he had me doing side steps with a rubber resistance band and squatting as I stretched the band (it is easier to squat with your legs apart).

Hope this helps!

Thanks, Texasmeg. Appreciate it.

I haven't exercised much at all, and have lost 60 lbs in 3 months, but I feel like exercise it's just so important - I'm now working with a NUT so that I am better nourished and start an exercise program. I have an eating disorder so I need to monitoring and support!

Hello all, I had my sleeve on the 24th of July 2013. My starting weight was 387 and my weight on the day of surgery was 341. As of today I weighed in at 191. I have lost all of my weight by controlling my food intake entirely. I do plan on starting exercise soon because I need to get some tone back. I look pretty gaunt considering I am six foot four inches tall. I went from a size 50 jeans to 34 jeans. Let me know what you all think.

Regards, Mark

post-171958-0-77865300-1412544951_thumb.jpg

post-171958-0-12197500-1412545067_thumb.jpg

I've haven't been much of an exerciser since I gain the majority of my weight. But, my goal is to become a runner ... I need a better outlet for my stress since I don't need to be eating junk.

@@penman53 you look absolutley AMAZING! congrats to you on your success. I have lost 92 lbs as of today without much exercise as well. i walk daily and have done some cardio and strength here and there

Thanks Hope. I have started walking a bit and I feel really fantastic. I plan on working out in November after I am done working.

And thank you for the compliment.

Mark

My doctor told me it was like a 3 legged stool; one leg was surgery, one leg was eating and the other was exercise. You can lose without exercise it is just a matter of how stable you want to be. Initially I will lose no matter what just because I will be eaten very little but long term exercise is important. I have drilled it in my mind that in order to have life long results I need to change how I have bend king things so far.

i too am a HUGE proponent of strength training AND cardio. cardio is honestly pretty easy to get just by walking. no issue there.

BUT, i did not want to be a woman who lost all her weight, was WEAK, and had SKIN all over. i want to be TIGHT, TAUT, TONED and STRONG!!!

i personally think that the women on the cover of Oxygen magazine look way more awesome than the ones on the cover of Vogue. That's just ME.

so, i tried it myself with toning bands, some free weights, walking, etc. Got a great start and then caved and joined a gym...

The nut I refered to in my post is short for nutritionist.

I haven't done any formal exercise in the last year. I will begin soon, to improve my general health and fitness, but it doesn't seem to have affected my weight loss.

wow you look great! i get my surgery Nov 20th...my weight now is 326..wish me luck!

I met my weight goal by my one year anniversary, I just started exercising this summer. I had a body fat analysis done and found out that although I was at a good BMI, my body fat percentage was slightly too high to be healthy. I don't remember the exact number, but I know I want it to be in the healthy range when I go back in the bod pod, so I'm exercising 3 times a week now.

Susan

Best of luck on your upcoming sugery. I was in the mood that I had to be on the fast track and was putting a time limit on my weight loss. Yesterday I had to keep pulling up my pants, then I said your not pulling them up cause they are to tight it is because they are to big. Yes! Will be happy when it is time to buy new cloths

@@Kindle,

You said you are a vet tech? How long were you out of work?

I am a nurses aide and we both on our feet all day and lift heavy things.

I'm not sure how long I should be out. My doc said 5 weeks?