Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Edited by Avryv

My doc said whenever I felt up to it, just no circus acts. Take it easy.

4 days post op, here.

Mine is 3rd post op day but problem is I don't have a permanent partner I need to wait till I fully recover. Our else bad performance can ruin my status... Lol. Pakistani men share a lot and in the end I would be physically fit but sexually frustrated.

Gave hubby a "special treat" (thats what we call it) on day 5 cuz I wasn't quite feeling up to it. DId the whole thing maybe at about 2 weeks. Guess I coulda done it earlier but I had a rough recovery and I wasn't gunna push it (no pun intended, really!)

Good luck! My dr didn't have any rules on sex either. It was just "known" that we'd wait till we were up to it

Read a good book...

My surgeon recommended waiting 2 weeks, but well.. that didn't happen. No ill effects here, just be aware of positioning and roughness and such.

Obviously, you should abstain from sex until your body has had a chance to heal. If you don’t, you’re risking a hernia and other unpleasant complications. Once healed, your sexual performance should be identical to what it was prior to surgery, as it’s highly unlikely that you would develop issues with impotence. Neither you nor your partner should have any difficulty picking up where you left off — you’ll still be able to turn her on and you’ll still be able to fully satisfy her. In fact, whether achieved naturally or with the aid of hormone replacement, erections will be just as easily maintained and orgasms will feel just as good as they did before, for both you and your partner.

Well my ex wanted to meet up we all know what that means. Finally I m not missing sex. But the thing is one u do it u wanna do it over n over again. Lol

Questions I forget to ask my doctor but you kind people remind me to ask. Gosh, this is there anything Bariatricpal can't answer??

So???? How is sex now???

I'm confused - I think this is the LGBT group and I'm desperate for information to calm me down about fears that just aren't easy to bring up. I am a GAY MAN, I am versatile, but being on the bottom, well it's very important, and I can't get answers about the issues regarding anal sex after surgery. It's not just the obvious, it's fears of elimination patterns being so inconsistent (ahem) and gassy, there have to be gay men reading this who can comment. I'm a guy who added significant Fiber to his diet on a regular basis so as to be having healthy and well formed bowel movements.

I think you get it and I'll stop TMI right now - but this is my only real fear going in 3 weeks for surgery. I'm 38 BMI, very active lifestyle, I even like my body generally speaking - except for the belly where I look about 6 months pregnant all the time. It's all right there. I just want to communicate with gay men in this "position" .....ahem....us "situation".

@TheBearguy8 rest assured, your fears are all in your mind. Don't overthink things. Yes, having an active sex life is possible post surgery. In fact, if memory serves me right, about week 10 I had a surge in desiring sex, and nearly wore my partner out. As far as getting enough fiber in your diet, yes that is possible, but always more important is getting enough liquids, getting dehydrated can spell doom to the GI system.