Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

"The girls" aren't lifting weights!

My skinny little petite mom has informed me not to worry about my saggy boobs. (I told her I may need to hold on to my larger sized pants because I'll need to tuck them into my waistband pretty soon.) She claims they will "firm up" once I start losing weight. The girls don't seem interested in weight training. Believe me, I've tried to convince them.

My mom sees me as young. (I am 40) I think she is wrong, wrong, wrong about the reality of this situation. I will probably look into reduction/lift options, because the boobage just isn't cute, and they seem heavier these days. Pendulous, even.

Anyone care to shed some light on this subject?

:) Amy

Sorry but your breasts are made of fat...So they are usually the first to go....I hear you with them not wanting to hold up..But my trainer said to keep exercising and building the muscles under them and it will help....Okay then what to do with them when they are hanging down to my waist..I roll them up now and put them away....I so need a plastics to step in.... :(

I like my breasts but I think I'm also realistic about the changes that are happening and going to happen over the course of the next year or so. I guess I look at them and think, they certainly aren't that bad and they could always be worse! LOL...Good luck to you! I hope whatever you do and go through, you find peace with them :)

LOL, I was thinking about this the other day. Mine weren't good looking to start with. I plan on working out my back and front muscles to get that lift going.

Edited by AlwaysLorri

I went from a 42 DDD to a 38 LONG... LOL

it happens to most of us... get your self a really good supportive bra, and start working out to try to build that area... if your still not happy after some time and they are still bothering you, then do something, but i wouldnt do anything before you have reached your goal.... Good luck with the girls :P

I went from a 38 D to a 38 D long. I really thought they had gotten smaller--but they just became 2 dimensional! I did go out and get fitted and tried on about 20,000 bras and found no underwire, padded and underwire sheer worked the best. So I bought a couple, because you never know where I'll end up 30 pounds from now. Probably will need to be fitted again. I never thought I'd ever consider plastics, but I am beginning to change my mind.

love, love your comment. Laughed when you said 2 dimensional...I just think pan cake! Thanks for the smile @@Teachamy !

Mine have gotten 2 inches shorter! From armpit to nipple.... poor sad saggy boobies. They're still crazy... 8 inches long, 5 inches wide 1 inch thick. YUCK! I've been looking into lifts/implants. I found a video that talks about how skin can only stretch to a certain point and recover so when we put on a lot of weight and our boobs get giganto the skin is never going to tighten back up and make them "normal". All the exercises in the world won't tighten skin, they only tighten muscle.... sad but true... I see more surgery in my future!

I have heard some ladies do a fat transfer.. that could be a win, win.. But I wonder will the fat stay where it has been transfered ie: from Hips to boobies.. Or will they be like a retriver and try to go back from where they used to live??

Edited by BellaHugz

Mine are no longer objects of sexual desire.

They have a practical use.

I can shine my shoes with them during the day.

And in the night, they double as a neck and armpit warmers.

I'll be first on the plastics bench as soon as the 'margin of skin shrink' has taken place.

Hopefully takes place... :blink:

PLEASE GOD LET IT TAKE PLACE!!!!! :o

Mine are no longer objects of sexual desire.

They have a practical use.

I can shine my shoes with them during the day.

And in the night, they double as a neck and armpit warmers.

I'll be first on the plastics bench as soon as the 'margin of skin shrink' has taken place.

Hopefully takes place... :blink:

PLEASE GOD LET IT TAKE PLACE!!!!! :o

omg woman, and i thought mamas who have nursed for many consecutive years were tough on the condition of their tatas. ROTF!!!

I'm 25. I lost 95 lbs. I'm looking into a breast lift. Mine are gone. There's so much extra skin that was stretched when they were bigger that even will a little toning and firming, the skin will always be there, not helping them firm. I have to remove it. I hate it.

Mine are no longer objects of sexual desire. They have a practical use. I can shine my shoes with them during the day. And in the night, they double as a neck and armpit warmers. I'll be first on the plastics bench as soon as the 'margin of skin shrink' has taken place. Hopefully takes place... :blink: PLEASE GOD LET IT TAKE PLACE!!!!! :o

Shining shoes... what a great idea. this made me laugh so hard!

I no longer have breasts... Just saggy nipples. Oh so sad.

Luckily silicone & a lift will fix that one day.

I am 3 months out and it is more sad about losing my girls than anything else :-( I have already started a secret fund for them. I will have nice boobies again.