Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

All the Alberta girls

Hi Alberta ladies! I'm in Calgary and getting sleeved in 24 days. I'm actually kind of pumped to feel cold all the time since I'm so sick of feeling hot all the time and instantly breaking a sweat at the thought of physical activity!

Also, camping on May long?? Pretty much guaranteed to freeze!!

I thought I would feel that way too but now I am just hoping there will come a day that I don't have to wear my wool socks to bed .

I thought I would feel that way too but now I am just hoping there will come a day that I don't have to wear my wool socks to bed .

Haha... Yeah, I can see how that could swing to the other side in a hurry. From what you all have read or experienced, does everyone get cold?

Looking for anyone that has gone to the Red Deer clinic in the last year.

HI Alberta Ladies !

Anyone from the Edmonton area?

I am scheduled for surgery in September in Mexico.

I am so excited and looking for local support.

@@Designer Edit where are you getting your surgery done?

I am scheduled for September. I am from Edmonton.

I'm from just outside of Edmonton I had surgery last July in Mexico!! I'd be glad to help you with any questions!!

I am about an hour and a half north of Edmonton. Had my sleeve done in Mexicali in December and have not had one minute of regret. Best medical experience I have ever had by far. Just about 80 pounds gone.

I am going to Tijuana Bariatric's.

I am taking 3 weeks off of work to ensure a fuller recovery than just 2 weeks. A friend of mine was good to go back to work after 9 days.

I am quite nervous about the nausea and 2 oz eating.

I HATE Jello and broth just doens't appeal to me so I am not sure how I am going to do with the first couple weeks.

68 days until I fly out. IT cant come soon enough !!

I was very tired at the beginning. But it evened out. Post op your tastes totally change ad well as your attitude toward food. broth and cream Soup weren't appealing to me but post op I was loving them. Congrats on your upcoming new life.

I'm not a fan of Jello either but I suspect it will become a sudden favourite when it's 1 of 3 things I can eat!! I'll probably make my own broth because I like to add lemon and cumin for a boost of flavour to my chicken broth. But I'll have to check if lemon is okay... I'm sure it's fine in the quantity I'll use.

I'm most concerned about the flight home. We fly to San Diego on Monday morning, have surgery at dinner time, spend that night at the clinic, second night at the recovery house, and then leave for San Diego the next morning. That sounds like a lot to me plus stomach pains, gas, nausea... I hope no one sits with us! We'll probably be groaning all the way home! But I had a c-section 2 years ago which is far more major and with exception of tenderness and tiredness, I was okay, dealing with a new born, and up on my feet that same day. It's the gas pains that freak me out for this surgery.

Let the count down begin! T minus 11 days!!!

@@Designer Edit that sounds like a really quick turn around. I am there for a total of 6 days. One day prior, surgery date 2 days at the hospital and 2 days at the hotel.

IT would defiantly suck to have gas pains on a flight. Now im not looking forward to that.

Hopefully I can get it all out the 4 days before.

11 days that's so exciting !!! I leave in 68.

I read that freezing broth in ice cube trays in 1-2 oz volumes makes it easier to prepare especially if you have a helper with you at home. Pop one out, put it in a mug and pop in the microwave for 1 minute. voila... lunch !!