Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

sick and needing some advice

So I have managed to drop 62 lbs over the last 3 months, but I've been sick for the last 3 days with some for viral ordeal. My throat is killing me, my body aches all over, I have no energy, and I'm losing my voice now. With being sick I have been forcing myself to eat a d drink because I'm not really hungry at all. My weight is going up a couple oz each day. I'm assuming it's because I'm not exercising. Does anyone have any tips or tricks that may help me continuing to lose weight during the this process or help with getting over this so I can have the energy to exercise. I don't want to stall my weight loss and be lectured by my Dr and boyfriend. Any advise would be greatly appreciated

Personally, I wouldn't worry about losing weight while I was sick. If you're sick, you're sick & getting well has to take priority. Losing 62 lbs in 3 months is great! Cut yourself some slack & realize that gaining a few ounces (or even a couple of pounds) while sick is not the end of the world. When you're well again & able to function better, you'll get right back on track. Feel better!

I agree with southernsoul above, I don't think you should worry about weight loss while sick at all. Also, I bet you are actually losing weight, but due to being sick are holding on to Water weight. Your weight "going up a few ounces" every day is NOT real weight gain and you need to learn to not be affected emotionally by the daily fluctuations of your body.

So I have managed to drop 62 lbs over the last 3 months, but I've been sick for the last 3 days with some for viral ordeal. My throat is killing me, my body aches all over, I have no energy, and I'm losing my voice now. With being sick I have been forcing myself to eat a d drink because I'm not really hungry at all. My weight is going up a couple oz each day. I'm assuming it's because I'm not exercising. Does anyone have any tips or tricks that may help me continuing to lose weight during the this process or help with getting over this so I can have the energy to exercise. I don't want to stall my weight loss and be lectured by my Dr and boyfriend. Any advise would be greatly appreciated

What r u taking for your sore throat. I'm sick as well and idk what to take . I can barely swallow my own saliva.

I'm using warm salt Water rinses and sugar free throat lozenges. Seems like this cold doesn't wanna let go so gonna try some Tylenol cold and flu today to see if that helps. Feel a little worse each morning.