Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many WA Bandsters?

There is a handful of us on the Washington State thread. Look on the home page . . scroll down to US local groups . . .click in Washington

where in Washington are you from and who is your Dr.? By the way, we are the same age. whoopee!

Hey, I think they meant Western Australia and not Washington State. Oopsy!:biggrin1: I have been to Seattle. It is gorgeous. Susannah

<p>Hi all , I am also from Perth . I was banded on the 30th March 2007 , I was 133kgs at the time of banding and now I am 122kgs and droppng . Had my first fill last week on 16th , Lap banding is the best decision i have ever made . I feel great and my wife can not get over the change in me cheers ....Paul</p>

Hi Everyone,

I am having my band on the 6th June. This is desperation stage, everything else has failled and I am still not sure if it is the right thing for me. What can I expect immediately post and for the first few weeks? I live in Perth WA

Hi there lady Gigi , welcome to lapband talk , The first couple of weeks after banding you will be on the milkshakes only (optifast) . Then after that a couple of weeks you will be on the baby food (mushies), Then all going ok back to normal food . You will be fine good luck and God bless.....Paul

Thanks Paul. I am desperate and I think ready for this. I have got to get this weight off!!!!!!! I must admit I have been feeling a lot more enthusiastic since finding this sight. There will be support for the tough times. Thanks again.

lady gigi , hi, you will be fine , should you need to talk about lapbanding, please give me a ring on 0421116159 , This will change your life . It sure has changed mine for the best . god bless .....Paul

Hi All

I have just had my op in Perth on the 30/7/07. I will be going home soon after a stay in Perth. Cant wait to chat to you all.

Cheers Jo

Hi to all, not sure how to chat first timer... I had a lap band put in on 06.09.07 three days ago, and only found out about this site today, i am wondering if anyone else had chest pains after the operation....:help:.. During the operation they discovered i had a hernia (my stomach was going into my diaphram) not sure if this would be giving me the chest pains or if normal for lap band ers....

Also interested to talk to anyone about their experiences..

blk-weight.png

Hi, another Perthite here!

Being banded on October 22. Very nervous too.

Any updates from those of you who are now banded?

Did you all tell people what your surgery was? I feel pretty private most of the time, and cringe at the thought of telling people.

Nice to see some more locals on the board - I only found it a few days back :rose:

Hi All

Sue from Perth, Dr Keireth, banded 02/10/07, so far so good, i am more uncomfotable than i thought i would be, but not too bad, didnt really get much info on what should be eating, am eating Soup and jelly and very milky weetbix, seems ok, should i be on the Optifast? ?