Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 9th was 5 months for me.

I am down 70 pounds!!! Had a few ups n downs, a few emotional moments but overall I'm doing great!!

I did my first 5K in March, my second in April, and just completed my first 10K on Saturday. I wanted to complete in under 1:30 but I did in 1:33.

But I didn't give up! And I wasn't last- ok next to last - but I finished!!!!

I am doing my first half marathon on September 28th and looking at a triathon in october maybe.

I had/have moments where I wanted to give up, moments where I want Taco Bell. I struggle with my diet daily. Getting the right combination of Protein and carbs for my exercise routine. But my dietician from where I had my surgery has been so helpful and has guided me along.

I still have 84 more to go but I am almost half way!!! I can do this!!

WOW! you are rockin it!!!! NICE!!! I am 5 months yesterday the 11th. I am so impressed with your running. I haven't been allowed to work out till i get my blood clot issue taken care of... but i just said to my husband on Saturday that once i am cleared, i would like to do a 5k... now mind you, i have never ran, do not really like running.. nor have i ever done a 5k LOL... but i want to do it... can i ask you how you got started? a friend of mine told me about a phone app Couch to 5k... i have been thinking about doing that... right now i am allowed to walk 1 mile (not at the same time) - but i go to the blood dr tomorrow & hopefully I can put this DVT behind me & get back to working out...

Wowie Wow! All that running?! VERY impressive!

I was making my goals list and want to put a 5k on it for Nov. I am preop scheduled for surgery on May 27th. I am not a walker nor a runner. You inspire me!

Great job! You & I have pretty similar numbers...similar starting weight, and my goal weight is between 125-135...although I'm only

5' 1/2" I get sleeved in 10 days! I'll be following your progress so make sure to keep us updated!

Awesome! I was sleeved in march and I have my first 5k in July. I'm also curious how you started. I'm currently using visual aids like phone poles For example: run from one pole to the other. Recovery walk to the next pole. I was also thinking about the couch to 5k app.

Awesome, congrats!

Skinnygirlwithin, how did you develop a blood clot?

@cherrytree15 - I saw a hematologist the other day... i had surgery, i traveled 6 weeks after surgery & was stuck on a plane for 3 hours... and i have tested pos for the mthfr blood mutation - with these 3 factors he said it was like a "perfect storm" ending in a blood clot... that it was the cause of all three coming together... 2 1/2 months later the clot is officially gone - completely dissolved & i have been taking off blood thinners as of this past week... WOOHOO!

Sorry I just got to reply. Was away with my daughter on a Civil Air Patrol mission.

I just started walikg, I started small. I walked a mile, then mile and a half the following week. Eventually I was walking 3 miles.

Then I started to jog-slowly. I used my music as a guide. Walk a song, jog a song, walk a song, jog a song. Then I started tryign to jog 1/2 mile straight. The next week 3/4. Add a little every week.

I have a running body now who had Bypass 5 years ago. She really pushed me to go more, jog further, and encouraged me.

Biggest thing I can say is just do it. I know it sounds cliche but our moto has been -"I can do anything for a 10th" which a 10th of a mile.

You will feel the urge to go out and run once you start. I hated running when I started I was just going to walk but once I pushed myself out of that comfort zone and just decided I'm doing this for me and noone else I just went for it and got addicted.

The couch to 5k is a great app. I use Nike runners app because it tracks my previous runs and I can walk or run.

The key is- for me at least- is be your own cheerleader and push yourself outside of that comfort zone. You can do anything you set your mind to. Will you be sore- yes!!! Will you die- no!!! But the sense of pride you get from doing these small races means way more to me than how much weight I have lost. I no longer focus on pounds- they will come. I focus on miles and time. Once I took my mind off the scale I found I was less stressed about my diet and how I am doing post surgery. I focus on the miles and time and gettign those in and the diet kinda fell into place afterwards. If you eat crap or not enough Protein your runs suffer and you can feel it.

Now that I count miles and improving my time I keep my protein up and my diet looks good. I only weigh every 2 weeks now. I use to weigh 3-4 times a DAY!!!! It stressed me out!! Now I focus on how my pants fit, how much better my time and distance is getting and when I get on the scale it is only to make sure I'm still going in the right direction- which it will be because I'm burning a shitload of calories.

I did get advice from my surgeons office and the dietician to make sure I ate properly with the increased activity.

I love the song idea. Your right. You can definitely do anything for a tenth. Thanks :-). I'm very excited for my 5k in July.