Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What fitness related EVENT are you training/preparing for?

I've been looking for trail races to mix into my training. I've looked at coastal trail runs, but I haven't done one yet. I mixed them up. Yes, definitely check out Brazen. Fantastic organization. Can't say too many good things about them, they put on excellent races for sure! I did their ultra trail half series in 2013. Super intense but worth the coaster! Lol. As for mountains to beach- that would be a good first, although I'm partial to CIM. :) that was my first. Great race, but there are some rolling hills even though the race is a net downhill. I'm doing Redding in January as a training run and I'm running Big Sur in April. So excited that I was able to get in. 2015 is going to be a great running year.

Big Sur is supposed to be Amazing!!!! A friend of mine did CIM this year and recommend it too!

So far I've only done some 5k runs for charity - but there's one in my area January 10th that is 5 miles (not Ks) and others will be doing 10miles or more - so I decided if I could do a 5k of three miles, 5 miles should be achievable. So today I set out on a flat route and actually did the whole 5 miles! Hooray! I stopped a walked three different times, for equivalent of a quarter black or so, and then got running/jogging again. Hard to make myself do it, but so glad I did. Of course my legs and knees are grumbling at me now...but worth it. Nice to have a goal event again!

I actually have two events coming up, they are actually running them in different states as well.. We did the wipe out run (last year it was called the ROC race). We had so much fun we're doing it again and adding one!!!

Event name: Nor Cal Mud Run

Date: May 23, 2015

http://www.mudrunguide.com/event/norcal-california-rugged-maniac-2015/

Event name: Wipeoutrun

Date: August 22, 2015

http://wipeoutrun.com/locations/

Well darn it all! I went running today and only one block or so out I tripped on a sidewalk upheaval and fell/rolled hard. I figured just wounded pride and a bit of bruising, so I finished my 2.5 miles... My upper ribs on one side hurt like almighty, and although I've iced it, it still hurts a bunch, AND it means no 5 mile race tomorrow! Damn!

I just had to whine. I'll see a doc tomorrow if it's still bad. Sigh.

Still, even hurting like crazy I loved the run and felt good about it and good doing it. Wild.

Well darn it all! I went running today and only one block or so out I tripped on a sidewalk upheaval and fell/rolled hard. I figured just wounded pride and a bit of bruising, so I finished my 2.5 miles... My upper ribs on one side hurt like almighty, and although I've iced it, it still hurts a bunch, AND it means no 5 mile race tomorrow! Damn!

I just had to whine. I'll see a doc tomorrow if it's still bad. Sigh.

Still, even hurting like crazy I loved the run and felt good about it and good doing it. Wild.

Oh no!! Falling is the worst. I'm sorry about your race. :( hopefully it feels better tomorrow. Good plan about seeing a doc if ur still sore. Welcome to the gravity check club! :)

Thanks @danyelleb! It's actually feeling a bit worse tonight so I called the doc and was told ice, pain pills, support -- and of course immobility. Right. I'm doing three church services tomorrow, an education class and a funeral, followed by a meeting and dinner party...immobility is NOT happening. But at least running and re-injury won't happen either, right? :D

Right now i'm just ready to take a pain pill, crawl into bed c a r e f u l y, and go to sleep. LOVE the gravity check club! Thanks for the kind words.

Kate

I'm training for a marathon. Not sure if I'll be ready, but would like to do the OKC Memorial Marathon the end of April. Finished week 4 with a 9 mile long run today.

I'm also running Ragnar Miami to Key West in 4 weeks. Total miles for it will be 18.

Also, First Watch Sarasota Half Marathon in March.

I'm training for a marathon. Not sure if I'll be ready, but would like to do the OKC Memorial Marathon the end of April. Finished week 4 with a 9 mile long run today.

I'm also running Ragnar Miami to Key West in 4 weeks. Total miles for it will be 18.

Also, First Watch Sarasota Half Marathon in March.

So jealous!! I Did Ragnar Napa and McDowell Mountian Trail last year and would LOVE to do Key west!! One day!

Training for a May marathon myself!

I'm just hearing/seeing that the Rock N Roll series is NOT going to be doing a full marathon in St. Louis this year. Have they dropped the full in other cities as well? Anyone with an opinion on that series?

I'm just hearing/seeing that the Rock N Roll series is NOT going to be doing a full marathon in St. Louis this year. Have they dropped the full in other cities as well? Anyone with an opinion on that series?

My understanding is Las Vegas still has a full. Haven't done one yet but have plans to do the half this year in November

Call me crazy but I signed up for Muck Fest NJ in June. It's a 5k mud obstacle course. I've got a couple of crazy friends who say they'll do it with me, but we'll have to see if that plays out.

To train for it, I'm trying to build upper body and grip strength. I'm a mouse jockey (sit at a computer all day) and I have SUCH weak arms! I need to be able to pull myself up ropes and hang onto things to swing out to jump in muddy Water.

This is SO out of my comfort zone -- makes it a fun challenge to even consider!

Surgery date was Dec 17th. I am going to try and do a 5K at the end of April here where I live. Gotta start somewhere!

Edited by heynowkc

I'm 3 months post op and have about 40-50lbs to goal so by June I want to have reach goal because I'm taking a class to be a certified zumba instructor! I'm so excited!

June 5

Atlantic City NJ convention center!

I'm preparing and gearing up for the 2015 Reebok Crossfit Open! Starts in 10 days! Nervous. Excited. Scared. Pumped.

Who else is participating in the Open??!!