Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What fitness related EVENT are you training/preparing for?

Next on my agenda:

Annual Spooky Tails & Trails 5K on October 26th... You can do a 5K or a 2 mile. I'm running with my friend's 11 yo son. He participates in Special Olympics and got hooked on running and did a kids' triathlon on Labor Day. We cheered him on with signs and everything. He'll decide if we do the 5k or 2 mile and we're going to plan out costumes for us. Maybe Batman and Robin or something. The goal for this one? Have FUN!!! Run For One and Healthy Living Fair Benefitting Big Brothers Big Sisters November 1st 5k. Goal for this one is to run the entire race and hopefully get a time around 40 minutes.

Just finished another 5k run last night! The neon run. Only took me 32 minutes to do the run!!! Best time yet!

That's great! What a fabulous time too. Don't sweat the Tough Mudder too much - my daughter is a personal trainer (at Rival Fitness) and trained a team from her gym for the Tough Mudder yesterday here in Seattle. She says the goal is all about team work and helping each other through it, rather than winning or finishing with a good time. The pictures always look like they had such a great time (this is her fourth!) and never like they are just wrung out. FInd a group and train together maybe. Your time on the 5k though is sure inspiring for me!

Ran my first *timed 5k today! Finished in 29min 2sec....blew away my goal time that I set when I first started training (I'm #464)

post-189913-14124322843437_thumb.jpg

That's an awesome time!!! Congrats!

My second 5K - I was able to improve my time from last month by 6 minutes, so while I am still slower than a herd of turtles in molasses, I'm feeling pleased about my progress!

Edited by katesuccess

I did my second 5k this morning and averaged a 13:34 pace, which is great for me!!! My puppy ran it with me and was such a champ :)

I have 2 in November - the Color Run and then a Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning and one last one for the year in December, an ugly sweater holiday run haha

So excited!!!

post-214469-1412540815541_thumb.jpg

post-214469-14125408391398_thumb.jpg

Third 5K coming up this Saturday morning. It starts at 9AM, and it's going to be warm and muggy. This will be my first day time 5K, so I'm a little anxious. :unsure:

Then next Saturday evening we're doing an Oktoberfest 5K. That one's pretty cool. Registration includes passes to all three weekends of the local Oktoberfest and two beer vouchers each on race day. Which means 4 for the hubby. Lol.

Not signed up for any others until the mini marathon (4 miles) 11/23. We'll see if I can go a month without. I've got the bug!

I did my second 5k this morning and averaged a 13:34 pace, which is great for me!!! My puppy ran it with me and was such a champ :)

I have 2 in November - the Color Run and then a Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning and one last one for the year in December, an ugly sweater holiday run haha

So excited!!!

Ugly sweater holiday run sounds like a blast! And congrats on the good time. :)

Ugly sweater holiday run sounds like a blast! And congrats on the good time. :)

It sounds like it's going to be completely ridiculous and I'm allllll about that haha I have an old sweater that I'm going to have to pin/take-in some how lol

I have never participated in any 5k runs/walks, but I have been hearing a lot about an reading lots of ur posts. I want to get involved an join. I keep goggleing things in my area but can't seem to find anything:(

Plz help.. I'm in Houston area, an would ❤️ to join 1

I have never participated in any 5k runs/walks, but I have been hearing a lot about an reading lots of ur posts. I want to get involved an join. I keep goggleing things in my area but can't seem to find anything:(

Plz help.. I'm in Houston area, an would ❤️ to join 1

Here's one site. Have fun! :)

http://www.active.com/houston-tx/running/5k?sort=date_asc

Thanks! I'm about 2 start a team now for the starry night 8.5k WALK!! Lol.. I will try to do some running but mainly walking. I'm thinking of signing up for a 5k RUN in December. Hopefully that will give me a chance to be ready and fit;)

Completed an 8k extreme mud run today. The weather was terrible but we had a blast. Hopefully I'll be able to move in the morning!

post-189913-14136717905025_thumb.jpg