Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hate the attention from my weight loss

Am I crazy that I hate it when people comment on my weight loss. I absolutely hate it.. First off I'm not one to have any attention ok maybe just not to much attention .on me lol..

I am Having a hard time with how other people see me it's crazy I'm sick of the fuss they are making about my weightloss. I'm not a show and tell puppet. It's becoming annoying crazy as it sounds I'm tired of hearing I can barely recognize you how much did you lose etc... Why so caught up on the number I'm the same person I always was Inside. I never thought I would be called skinny at first I loved it now I hate it. My aunt commenting on how small my clothes are well I'm yes 12 is a lot smaller than a 22/24. Yes my band helped but I'm working it and working out 4-6 days a week.

My brother thinks I'm too skinny and is worried really wtf I still feel I need to lose another 50-60 pounds ....

The sagging skin and sorry guys for tmi the deflated boobs are hard on my self esteem lately. When I was 22.24 I never said do I look fat now at a size 12 I'm questioning it...it's crazy cause I never saw me as fat now I can't see the slim down version of me.

My self image of me is altered. Yes I'm working on that with help. I hate seeing people who I haven't seen in a while at first it was fun and great for the ego n now I hate it .

This is a crazy crazy post I get it but today my neighbor made such a fuss over me I wanted to die ... She said her daughter didn't recognize me well guess what I have no idea who ur daughter is now do care.

Then I have people who don't notice n I love it cause to me that means you saw me for me not what I looked like if that makes sense.

I know I can't be the only one who feels this way... Any pointers on how to cope ?

I smile :) , say thank you and try to get away as fast as possible….lol….seriously!!!

I posted a while back on just this thing.

You and I are similar in our stats and our weight loss right down to the 22/24 into a 12.

I had someone tell me at work that I don't need to lose anymore weight :angry: …and yes another 40-50 off is in my plans. It becomes quite annoying, not only the comments on the loss but how I look and my choices for losing more.

And I still have people commenting loudly about how I look even though I've had the new properly fitting clothes for a while now.

The hardest comment for me to hear is that I look like a "totally different person" :huh: …that one gets me.

Like you said, we are not any different….just somewhat slimmer…and I too am battling the saggy-ness and beginning to look into the possibility of skin surgery….somewhere down the road.

So on top of the comments…good, bad and ugly (as I called them in my post)…I have to figure out how I feel with what I see in the mirror most days…. :wacko:

As for coping….I just keep on moving with a very big smile on my face :D ….that is my only suggestion….although sometimes in the back of my mind Im thinking…please just shut the hell up :angry: and don't ask me what "my secret is" or how long it took or what I'm doing….those are as bad as the comments…..

….hence the big smile :D ….thanks so much and move it, move it, move it! ^_^

I figure it has to get "old" soon enough.

Best of luck on dealing with this and if you come up with anything good please send it my way! ;)

I am only 4 months out and I've only lost 30 pounds so far but people are already commenting on my weight loss and I agree with you, it's bizarre! I don't get annoyed when people I haven't seen in a while say things like "you look great", because I know they're just trying to give me a compliment. But when the same people feel the need to talk about my weight loss to me all the time, it bothers me. It always makes me feel like I'm under a microscope. I find it strange that people are paying such close attention to me to notice I've lost weight. And when they repeatedly tell me how great I look it's like they're really saying "I notice you now that you're less fat. You look good less fat!"

I deal with it much like ChasingaDream mentioned -- a smile and move on to the next topic quickly. People don't get what it's like and don't get that it's weird for us to talk about our weight, even when we're slimming down. Most of us have had trouble with our weight and self esteem for most of our lives so talking about it doesn't come naturally. I just try to realize that other people don't know that and I try not hold it against them that they don't know. I just let it go and keep going :)

I just got surgery on 4/14/14 and lost 30 pounds so far but every week at work I have people asking me how much weight have you lost this week!!! Really???? I feel pressure to loose weight fast, I don't even think of eating because I'm worried I might gain weight. How do I tell them in an easy way to buzz off??????

If it bothers you that much maybe just say " thanks for asking but I prefer to discuss my health/weight only with my Dr., sooooooooo how have you been lately ???? Hopefully they'll get the hint ! Some just don't, so just change the subject. It never bothered me when people asked about my weight loss, but I respect those who feel differently. Good luck !

It's just a stage everyone has to go through....eventually, they will stop, and people, who see you all the time, will start to accept and get used to the new you, and will forget you were ever fat in the first place....and will never talk about it anymore.

And the new people you will meet never knew you when you were fat....

So, it all evens out n the end, eventually, and it all becomes part of the new life, the life AFTER Lap Band....when all this is finally over.....

So, if it annoys you now, don't worry, it will pass......

Thanks everyone ... I do smile and say thank you and usually answer the how much question with "a nice amount "and then I laugh inside when the day what like 50 -60-70etc n I say a nice amount and I don't tell anyone (well except for my people here and my nearest and dearest in real life if they ask) and like here my real life nearest and dearest just accept me fat slimmer cranky happy etc

Yes the first few weeks and months of people who knew especially a family friend who is I say jealous of my surgery secretly wants the band but feels her age gets in the way. I say an excuse to change I tell her we range in ages here n she cave n meet my surgeon with me n he told her the same .. Sorry for the side track convo

52 yes new people don't know my old body and I kinda like that too. To me I'm just me heavy or slim I'm still the same:)

Happy Monday all... Thanks for listening and helping as always :)

I just got surgery on 4/14/14 and lost 30 pounds so far but every week at work I have people asking me how much weight have you lost this week!!! Really???? I feel pressure to loose weight fast, I don't even think of eating because I'm worried I might gain weight. How do I tell them in an easy way to buzz off??????

I kept the people who knew to a bare Minimum but whenever people know you are on a diet they ask how come it's acceptable to ask but while we were gaining no one well at least not in my life ask how much are you gaining. The gaining comment is rude how come the lossing comments are not considered equally as rude. People who never had this struggle will never understand .

Follow drs orders you need to eat to lose as well eat the right food and portions n love and the weight will come off. Great job on the loss so far !!!

Having lost 170pounds, I have people that literally walk right by me that I haven't seen for years, yet once knew them pretty well. Let it go. Appreciate the compliments and look at their interest as if you will motivate others. I keep the idea in my head that I was only trapped in the bigger body and the person is the same. Be honest. I told people, if they asked, that if only need to lose one pound...at a time. After a while, they get the idea. Good luck.peg

Tell them you only need to lose one pound...at a time. After a while, they get the idea. One at a time. The next five,ten,fifty do not matter until you get that one off!

love the one pound at a time when someone asked me today how much more do I want to lose I almost said one pound lol ..

I don't know what happened this weekend but the attention was not annoying I actually liked it my neighbor was blown away at my transformation all he could say was wow and shake his head made me feel great

Oh Sweetie.,..I know. I go back and forth...sometimes the compliments and attention are really great and sometimes it's frustrating...and sometimes Its even sad in a way because so many people truly don't know who you are. I struggle with who I am as well. I like what I see but I don't recognize what I see either. I hold up the slacks or shirt I'm about to put on and I can't believe I fit in these little clothes. And yet I do. My head has not caught up to my body and I know it.

Hang in there as I'm trying to do. Don't worry about changing how you feel about the attention. I suspect we just have to go with it until it's no longer something anyone thinks about.

Oh Sweetie.,..I know. I go back and forth...sometimes the compliments and attention are really great and sometimes it's frustrating...and sometimes Its even sad in a way because so many people truly don't know who you are. I struggle with who I am as well. I like what I see but I don't recognize what I see either. I hold up the slacks or shirt I'm about to put on and I can't believe I fit in these little clothes. And yet I do. My head has not caught up to my body and I know it. Hang in there as I'm trying to do. Don't worry about changing how you feel about the attention. I suspect we just have to go with it until it's no longer something anyone thinks about.

Thank you so much ur words are always just the right thing. Yes my head definitely has not caught up either. Everyday is interesting but the new physical me is not even a year old and the rest of me is almost 39 so it's a struggle but we will get there

Am I crazy that I hate it when people comment on my weight loss. I absolutely hate it.. First off I'm not one to have any attention ok maybe just not to much attention .on me lol.. I am Having a hard time with how other people see me it's crazy I'm sick of the fuss they are making about my weightloss. I'm not a show and tell puppet. It's becoming annoying crazy as it sounds I'm tired of hearing I can barely recognize you how much did you lose etc... Why so caught up on the number I'm the same person I always was Inside. I never thought I would be called skinny at first I loved it now I hate it. My aunt commenting on how small my clothes are well I'm yes 12 is a lot smaller than a 22/24. Yes my band helped but I'm working it and working out 4-6 days a week. My brother thinks I'm too skinny and is worried really wtf I still feel I need to lose another 50-60 pounds .... The sagging skin and sorry guys for tmi the deflated boobs are hard on my self esteem lately. When I was 22.24 I never said do I look fat now at a size 12 I'm questioning it...it's crazy cause I never saw me as fat now I can't see the slim down version of me. My self image of me is altered. Yes I'm working on that with help. I hate seeing people who I haven't seen in a while at first it was fun and great for the ego n now I hate it . This is a crazy crazy post I get it but today my neighbor made such a fuss over me I wanted to die ... She said her daughter didn't recognize me well guess what I have no idea who ur daughter is now do care. Then I have people who don't notice n I love it cause to me that means you saw me for me not what I looked like if that makes sense. I know I can't be the only one who feels this way... Any pointers on how to cope ?

Reading your post reminds me of myself at times. I completely understand where you are coming from.

I also, hate when people now watch I eat, as if they are now expecting me to fail. Or if I have something I shouldn't they have this need to point it out. And I rarely, do too.

Am I crazy that I hate it when people comment on my weight loss. I absolutely hate it.. First off I'm not one to have any attention ok maybe just not to much attention .on me lol.. I am Having a hard time with how other people see me it's crazy I'm sick of the fuss they are making about my weightloss. I'm not a show and tell puppet. It's becoming annoying crazy as it sounds I'm tired of hearing I can barely recognize you how much did you lose etc... Why so caught up on the number I'm the same person I always was Inside. I never thought I would be called skinny at first I loved it now I hate it. My aunt commenting on how small my clothes are well I'm yes 12 is a lot smaller than a 22/24. Yes my band helped but I'm working it and working out 4-6 days a week. My brother thinks I'm too skinny and is worried really wtf I still feel I need to lose another 50-60 pounds .... The sagging skin and sorry guys for tmi the deflated boobs are hard on my self esteem lately. When I was 22.24 I never said do I look fat now at a size 12 I'm questioning it...it's crazy cause I never saw me as fat now I can't see the slim down version of me. My self image of me is altered. Yes I'm working on that with help. I hate seeing people who I haven't seen in a while at first it was fun and great for the ego n now I hate it . This is a crazy crazy post I get it but today my neighbor made such a fuss over me I wanted to die ... She said her daughter didn't recognize me well guess what I have no idea who ur daughter is now do care. Then I have people who don't notice n I love it cause to me that means you saw me for me not what I looked like if that makes sense. I know I can't be the only one who feels this way... Any pointers on how to cope ?

Reading your post reminds me of myself at times. I completely understand where you are coming from.

I also, hate when people now watch I eat, as if they are now expecting me to fail. Or if I have something I shouldn't they have this need to point it out. And I rarely, do too.

this is so new for us i guess it takes getting used to . the food nazis are funny especially this that don't know i have the band because it won't let me over eat and with this tool I know I all keep it off. i tell them i can eat everything in moderation which is true . Why are people so obsessed with what we eat or don't eat