Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Going out to eat for the first time..

I'm a little over 4 weeks out and I mostly have yogurt, brothy Soups, and cottage cheese. Going to brunch tomorrow and I looked at the menu. The only things that seem to be ok for my stage is oatmeal and clam chowder. Would clam chowder be bad to try? Not sure what to do because I can't try it ahead of time at home :/

You can't have an egg? Odds are you won't be able to eat more than that anyway.

I haven't tried eggs yet. I've just heard they upset a lot of people's stomach so I'm nervous to try them

I'm a little over 4 weeks out and I mostly have yogurt, brothy Soups, and cottage cheese. Going to brunch tomorrow and I looked at the menu. The only things that seem to be ok for my stage is oatmeal and clam chowder. Would clam chowder be bad to try? Not sure what to do because I can't try it ahead of time at home :/

I had no trouble with clam chowder or eggs at that stage. Good luck

I am starting 4 weeks. I eat almost everything. Except hard meats and vegetables. Try scrambled egg. Refried Beans is a good one too.

I'll be 4 weeks post op tomorrow. Took mom out for dinner last night and had a few bites of some grilled chicken with mashed potatoes and fruit. Ate slowly, took small bites and chewed everything until my jaw hurt, and everything went fine. Just make smart choices and take your time, and I'll bet you will do fine.

I would go for scrambled eggs and/or oatmeal because you won't be able to eat anymore then that. I am 5 weeks out and when I tried some chicken, that went down just fine, no pain, no issues my NUT said, NO. She said remember, no lumps/no bumps/no bits and that is because little pieces can get stuck in the healing areas, then cause an infection, ect... She said I was fine but not to continue. She also passed on another good piece, I had also tried a cup of coffee because I missed it so. Again, it went down fine and she said, that's no the point, it will cause gastric juices, that we don't want right now :) Have a nice time out.

eggs would be my suggestion. Scrambled eggs whites are a daily staple in my house, and was the first thing I had when I switched from liquids to pureed. My doctor said that was fine, and they don't bother me at all. Now that I'm at full solids, I still have scrambled egg and/or egg whites every morning!

Be well…

I have a question....I'm day 6 post op and I have lost 12.2 pounds. I'm still very swollen and still have to take a pain pill every 4 hours. I feel like allot of the pain is in my hips also my upper belly directly under my breasts, can't stand a bra at this point. Dr did a hiatal hernia repair also. Does it sound like I'm on track. I'm still anxious also. Any suggestions?

mrsmiller-I am 5 days post op and also am still quite painful. I also had hernia repair, and can feel that right in middle of my chest, especially when I take deep breaths. Also quite painful when I burp. Can't imagine trying to put bra on just yet. Hopefully you have been able to get your fluids/proteins in. I think we are on track-just healing. Did your doctor prescribe any muscle relaxers? Mine prescribed Valium and I think that does help relax those muscles and helps with pain. I use it sparingly though because it makes me tired.

Thanks for the support. No my doctor didn't prescribe muscle relaxers. Sounds like that would really help. Have you weighed yourself yet.