Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 5 weeks out and last night over the period of a cpl hours I nearly ate a whole bag of these little cheese cracker things! Which came to be more than 1000 calories! I was bored. I'm a boredom eater :-( Now I'm worried I've already stretched my new stomach. Words cannot even begin to explain how disgusted I am in myself. Been crying since last night. I'm frustrated because I thought the smaller stomach was suppose to keep me from eating so much. I feel like such a failure. ;-(

Every day is a new day to start over. It doesn't make sense to beat yourself up over your mistake. Learn from it and move on. For starters, eliminate all trigger or comfort foods like that from your house! You have just experienced the reality that slider foods like crackers go down with no problem. I have eliminated most carbs from my diet post surgery. A good rule of thumb is if the food starts digesting while in your mouth (with saliva), it's best to avoid it! Does your surgeon or hospital offer a mindful eating class? Food issues don't just disappear post surgery.

Do you think I stretched my new stomach?

OK, this is not what I really want to say but that would not be productive. <_<

Try this.....Divide and conquer. No matter what it is, never eat from the bag. Never. Count out the correct serving size and put the bag away. You will eat slower trying to make that tiny portion last and it will allow you to keep track. When eating from the bag or package you will never know when to stop. Don't blame it on the sleeve. You have to know the right amount to eat.

I eat almonds late at night watching tv and it takes quite a while to eat a single serving when crunching on them one at a time. ;)

The sleeve will keep us from overeating almost anything at a single sitting, but it does NOT keep us from grazing. That we have to manage on our own. As someone said elsewhere on this site - it's a tool, not a cure.

I agree with the poster above who advised to get all trigger foods out of the house. And I also agree with the one who said don't beat yourself up. Just learn from the experience and Sleeve On! Best wishes.

I don't think you stretched your stomach. Buy my Nutritionist warned me about salty, crunchy things like cheese it's (an old fav). They are sleeve beaters because they crumble up really small and slide right down.

Measure out a portion of what you want to eat and put the rest away. Have you tried a Skinny Pop popcorn? It's 43 calories a cup for the Ultra Lite cheese Flavored. They sell it at Kroger.

Give yourself a break. It's a new process to learn what works and what doesn't. Keep trying! You've got this!

Thanks for all of the positive feedback everyone. I did an hour of cardio today. Feeling a little better. I've also only had liquid today to make up for all the calories I consumed last night. I will pick myself up and dust myself off and learn from my mistake. God bless you all for your support.

Thanks for all of the positive feedback everyone. I did an hour of cardio today. Feeling a little better. I've also only had liquid today to make up for all the calories I consumed last night. I will pick myself up and dust myself off and learn from my mistake. God bless you all for your support.

I too was a boredom eater. You need to work on changing that lifestyle. This journey is a life changer. You need to find a different way to fill your time. When I want something not good for me I look at my before picture and then sit on my exercise ball and do some exercises. You really need to keep yourself busy and if you like to graze at night, i keep bottled Water next to my bed or the sofa and reach for the bottle. I also do these 100 cal pack popcorn. Theres alot of popcorn and i can graze on that over a matter of an hour and its satisfying. Just really need to work on breaking bad habits and put good ones in their place. If you really want this you will find a way and change your mindset. You can do it!!!

Someone gave me a great reminder on another thread ... You have a few weeks on this side and probably a lifetime on the other side. It will take time to adjust your mind along with your body changes. Keep working at it! Good luck!

I also agree mindful eating classes and/or counseling are big helpers.

I eat almonds late at night watching tv and it takes quite a while to eat a single serving when crunching on them one at a time. ;)

Pistachios, peanuts in shells, take even longer.

I'm 5 weeks out and last night over the period of a cpl hours I nearly ate a whole bag of these little cheese cracker things! Which came to be more than 1000 calories! I was bored. I'm a boredom eater :-( Now I'm worried I've already stretched my new stomach. Words cannot even begin to explain how disgusted I am in myself. Been crying since last night. I'm frustrated because I thought the smaller stomach was suppose to keep me from eating so much. I feel like such a failure. ;-(

Stop bullying yourself. Your not a bad person your just a biological creature that noticed fake cheese paste sedates the physical angst of boredom. Dude. Its yummy, salty, coma inducing goodness helps us procrastinate doing what we always said we couldn't do until we lose weight. When that wears off, you get to procrastinate because you're a carb eating loser who doesn't deserve to do those things anyway. food is NOT the problem here. Your boredom is the problem. Address the boredom friend. Something about boredom makes you anxious. Try intentionally doing nothing in a quiet room. Observe any thoughts that arise and the physical sensations which come with them. The more you "sit with" that which you are trying to avoid, without judgment, the less of a demon it is. It gets easier to say "crap! Its "that thought or that feeling again. I know where this leads." Then, run like hell. Go for a walk, clean the bathroom, dance to your favorite song, learn to play guitar. Just don't get bored. I suggest this because I'm a lazy fake cheese eating loser who knows what will happen if I let myself get bored. Lol. We are all in this together.

You guys are so great. I love my bariatric pal support group. (((Hugs)))

Your human. We make have cravings. Now it is up to you to correct it and move forward. Stay focused on the prize. There is a light at the end of the tunnel. Remember we have a lifetime to be able to enjoy those foods we love but its all about portion portion portion. Wish you the best of luck on your journey!