Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any pregnant ladies with the sleeve fail the glucose test? Idk if my doctor knows how to deal with my sleeve. I am 27 weeks and failed it.

I've heard Dr's allowing you something different then the ultra sweet glucose drinks. I know pre-sleeve in my last pregnancy it made me quite sick. I don't think I would tolerate it now at all.

Did you fail the 1 hour glucose test or the 3 hour test?

If you do have gestational diabetes, your diet will be closely monitored. I'm guessing, if you are sticking with the high Protein, vegetable and the starch, you should be able to continue eating this way.

Congrats on your baby! I hope you are able to get answers soon!

I meant Protein first, then vegetables then small amount of starch / carb.

I failed my 1 hour test w my son and had to do the 3 hour which I passed. Good luck!!!

I took and passed the 1 hour glucose test at 19 weeks gestation. Most common side effects of this glucose tolerance test are vomiting and diarrhea. I had the worst case of dumping within the hour my sleeve doesn't like all that sugar. But my blood sugars were just fine..

My doctors didn't want me to take they normal glucose test, instead I will have to monitor my blood glucose 2x daily, for 1 week, 3 times throughout pregnancy. Just got my meter today, already have so much more sympathy for my diabetic friends.

My dr didn't want me to have the glucose drink, because high sugars make me go to the bathroom within 10-15 mins!! They had me do a regular glocuse serium screen... Didn't eat or drink anything just took blood... but found out now that I can hardle eat/drink I am hypoglycemic (not diabiates)... if I don't have some type of sugar... then I am constantly dizzy, about to faint. Most OBGYN don't have much knowledge on pregnancy and WLS... I would suggest they recommend a high risk dr to see so he/she can advice them what needs to be done. My OBGYN recommended a high risk dr when I was 10 weeks pregnant.... HE was very helpful, and sent over information to my normal OBGYN and what needs to be done. I see my dr now every 3-4 weeks with ultrasounds. (10 months post op/ 20 weeks pregnant)

I will not be doing the glucose test. Have you ever looked at the ingredient list in the liquid? Not healthy at all. Yuck.

I am not drinking the glucose drink, instead my doctor is allowing me to eat pancakes with real maple Syrup and then I'll go in an hour later to have my sugar checked. I didn't have GD with my first, so my doctor doesn't think I'll have it with this one either.

I'm getting ready to do my gestational diabetes test. I'm my OB's first sleeve patient. I told him I didn't feel comfortable doing the typical glucose test and explained why. He agreed with me and instead he will run my blood work to check my A1C levels and have me do a couple fasting blood sugar levels. This is my 4th pregnancy. I've never had GD and am in better shape this time around. Besides the fact that my diet is already similar to a GD diet. Hopefully I won't have GD this time either. But I'm very thankful to not be doing the traditional test!

I had the glucose test last week @20 weeks and I was fine. I read many stories which scared me but I decided I'd rather give it a go rather then prick my finger for a week or two.

everything i have read states you should not do the glucose tolerance test, the dumping that can occur can make you very dehydrated. finger sticks routinely for a week is the best. twice a day, 1 fasting and 1 non fasting. They can also check your A1C. i'm opting not to have the glucose test done, i vomited having to fast for the first round of labs when i found out i was pregnant. I couldn't handle the fasting, between being pregnant and having to eat every few hours. My OB told me to eat every 2 hours, no problem there I actually feel hungry and need to eat. I haven't had that hungry feeling since before surgery.