Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

??? What about eating out?

The kid's menu at the places I go to are the same as the regular menu - just smaller portions. It's the same with the senior menu. I don't eat out nearly as much as I used to before being banded, but I still like to go out to lunch with friends. I am lucky that chicken doesn't bother me if I cut it up into tiny pieces and chew well. I will often get a chicken salad and just eat the chicken.

I went out for dinner tonight, ordered grilled chicken salad, with goats cheese!!!! The 6/7 mounthfuls I ate were yummy! I try and get my protien in first. Hardest thing I find is when the food is so yummy, you really have to monitor how full you are, so eat SLOWLY. If you over eat you know about it! Everyone is different I believe but, me it hurts like hell!

I'm so glad to see your post. I'm at 6 or 7 bites and find that sometimes food tastes good. I miss salad. I've been nervous to try it as I still have a little pain when anything is not chewed perfectly.

The kind of throwing up with a band is not the same as throwing up before the band. It is more of a "hairball". You get used to it and it isn't as bad as throwing up regular. I hate to throw up, but I have adapted and learned what not to eat to keep this from happening. Chew chew chew.

OMG! A hairball...........too funny. This just happened to me for the first time....and yes.....just like a hairball. I was trying to explain it to my DH (not that he wanted the details) but this is it. Thanks :biggrin1:

I love this forum because we all "understand" each other here! It's great!

Yes it's true! I would be lost without lapband talk! I am on here every night

and every day after work. I wouldn't want to experience the band without

a computer.

I went out to eat for the first time since being banded today. It was actually very amazing to only be able to eat a small amount of food and feel satisfied. I am still on the mushie stage, but still get full quite quickly. I really makes you see how much you used to eat before! Good luck with getting approved for your band. You will love it!

Hi. I share with my spouse or kids depending on the meals ordered. Most places give way more food than anyone person should eat anyway. I am so proud of my band. I just ask for a clean plate:hungry:. Down 36 lbs in 4 mos.