Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any May 2014 Sleevers

I was sleeved on May 20. Going through some emotional rides but I know it was for the best.

what Have you been eating? How are you feeling now? I was sleeved on the 23rd.

Count me in... Ha my sleeve done last week on may 23... Everything went well but the nausea and dry heaves nearly kicked my butt.... Even though I was taking all the meds they could give me, I still got so sick so ended up staying in the hospital 3 days bc I couldn't keep anything down in my own... Crazy.... But home now, no more nausea, doing shakes and liquids, haven't taken pain meds for the last 25 hours... So far so good... Excited to be in this journey... It's amazing to feel physical restriction when drinking or eating soft foods...I never seemed to bet feel that so would always over eat bc something tastes so good... Such a surreal feeling now... Best of luck, everyone!!

I had mine done the same day! The gas pressure has gone down but today was though. Yogurt is not agreeing with me and I was able to walk about a mile today. How are you doing today?

Hello,

We were sleeved 2 days ago on the 21st. Still on liquids but no hunger pains. We were able to start Protein today and that gave us quite a burst of energy. The pain is manageable and things seem to be going well. I'm 48 with a starting weight of 281. She's 45 with a starting weight of 251. We're both 3-5 pounds over the starting weight due to the fluids. Looking forward to next week when the pounds start coming off!

i was sleeved on the 23rd. Started eating soft foods today. Not feeling great. How are you guys doing?
We're doing good. I woke up with with some pretty severe pain today but it seems to have subsided. Still no problems getting protein and Water in. We start puréed foods this Saturday. Pretty excited about that.

Short, I started new face today was able to have chicken noodle Soup. I put a bit of unflavored Protein in it. I ate about 2 oz and was full all damn day. It tastes so good and my sleeve was like " wooaa what's that food? " It was talking to me making all type of sounds. It was a little uncomfortable as I wanted nothing else to eat. I just drank 1 Protein Shake and Water all day. I'm sure it will get easier. It's just all so weird.

Xojessny, I could have done two miles as I felt fine and could have kept going but I was nervous and didn't want to do too much. I am going to move up to two miles on Wed maybe, will be two weeks post op then.

Well, today is the big day. Wish me luck!

Good luck!!!

I am May 14/14. Post op 14 days now

Good luck!!!

Thank you xojessny!

Everything went well. I felt not all that great after surgery, but it has been getting better and walks were not as bad as expected.

:)

My surgery was may 21 and the weight is coming off and I feel great. But someone please tell me why I feel like I could cry at any moment????

When you lose weight, the hormones that we're sticking to the fat cells release, and hormone party happens inside you. For a LOT of people, this leads to lots of emotions. I cried for the entire day on day 5 post-op. I'm better now but stupid things set me off. The only cure is patience apparently. Feel better!

Thanks!! I did get out in the sunlight and that seem to boost my spirits. I am down 17 pounds and walking up to a mile now.

I was sleeved on 5/21. Down 45 pounds and able to exercise, eat normally for the most part and no problems chugging Water or drinking with a straw. It takes very little to fill me up so I need to pay attention to my Protein intake. My wife was done the same day and she has had similar results.

That's awesome! I was done may 5th and I'm down 57 lbs. Excited that my husband will be having it done, just got his surgery date of August 27th.

Me and my wife were both done may 28th and I am down 54lbs and she is down about 40lbs. I started at 360 and am at 306 now. I can eat about anything but bread/pasta just fills me up in a couple of bites and makes me feel a bit uncomfortable. I work out at least 5x a week and am in better shape now than I have been in at least 10 years.

I track everything on myfitnesspal if anyone wants to add me, my username is: DsMCasey on there.