Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Guys you are all STILL losing, not gaining so be happy about that. I think you all are doing great and the "stall" will pass!

It's going to be fine. Just stay focused and follow your surgeon's instructions. I stalled for almost 3 weeks, then BOOM! Big drop. My own surgeon explained that the body is simply trying to figure out what's going on, and at times will try to hold on to everything until it realizes it's OK to "let things go".

So take a deep breath, try not to weigh yourself too often. Trust the process.

Be well…

Your two weeks out....yeah...ummm I wouldn't be jacking up your calories to 1000. That is insane. Just make sure your getting your Protein and Water in it will catch up you'll see ! Walk as much as you can too. Good Luck on your Journey !!!

Hi it's been 2 weeks since my operation and for the last week my weight is a complete stand still. Is this normal? I only have 400 - 600 calories. Please I'm feeling a little depressed. I know it's a slow journey but I haven't dropped anything in the last week:(

I did the same thing for 2 weeks then lost 3 lbs this past weekend. I will be one month post op on 4/9!

I have entered the 3week stall arena!!!! Not happy about it. ????????????

Thank you I feel like this week I failed so far one pound...[/quote. I am at 0 pounds this week. I understand.

I keep hearing when you aren't losing weight you are normally losing inches, (I even heard it from my doctor).

I am 4 weeks out. At 3 weeks I hit a stall for about 8 days. My scale just moved again today. It happens...

I'm 17 days out and have been stalled for a little over a week. That's how I found this post, because I was trying to find out what was going on. Looks like it's normal.

Onward and upward... or shall I say "downward."

I hit major stalls at pretty much every "10 lb lost" mark. The longest stall was 2 months, and it made me so mad! My doctor helped me through it though - he told me to stop worrying about the numbers on the scale, and to use it to just make sure I'm not gaining in a significant way. And that's how I use the scale to this day. NSVs are way more fun anyway!

OMG, I remember one week I went up 5 lbs, and it P'd me off so bad - I wasn't even eating solid foods yet. Granted, it was the week before the start of my menstrual cycle, but still.

For the first year, the numbers on the scale didn't move to match the changes I saw in the mirror, and it was so frustrating. I had a lot of anxiety over my 2 month stall (at 214 lbs, I'll never forget it). I kept saying to myself, "IS THIS IT??"

Long story short: don't worry!

Amandasaouma - I am in the same boat. I am almost 4 weeks out and have only lost .5!lbs in 2 weeks. It's really frustrating, I know! Many tell me that our body is going through a lot right now and sometimes this happens. Keep at it and it will turn around. Hang in there!

i was thinking about getting some diet pills to help with. My weight loss what do y'all think

i was thinking about getting some diet pills to help with. My weight loss what do y'all think

I think that's a terrible idea. Diet pills are unregulated unless they are Rx. You just had surgery several weeks ago- please give your body time to heal and the process of vsg time to work. Stop reading "I lost 100 lbs in 4 months!" Those posts are not typical. Typical losers do not shout as loud but eventually we get to goal. You will get to goal as long as you follow your doctor's plan.

I didn't lose 100 lbs in 4 months but I did get to goal by staying focused and working my sleeve- focusing on hydrating and eating Protein. I also exercise regularly and now wear a size 4 or 6.

I'm 42 days out and have been in a stall for over 21 days. I'm not worried, the scale isn't going up and I'm losing inches. The other lady who had surgery the same day as me, lost loads pre op (I only lost 5Ibs) and has continued to lose every week. We are all different and I know that I will be a slow loser. All in all I've lost 29Ibs and I would never of lost that amount on a conventional diet.

I've had no problems with anything, can eat all different types of food and have now started exercising which I hope will kick start me moving again.

Just have patience, you will get there :)

This video can answer many of your questions about weight loss stalls:

http://youtu.be/PBJziqgrQgk

Happens to everyone. I stalled twice, for two or so weeks each time. During my stall times I lose inches so I don't much care. It bothered me the first time but the dr. told me NOT to change my habits, just continue doing what I was doing until then and it will eventually start again. It did and I am so happy I listened to him. Don't worry, keep your chin up.

The stalls will come, and they will go. Hang in there, Amanda; especially since you're so newly post-op.

Speaking of stalls...I'm stuck at "200.0" -- "200.4" for the past 10 days! My nemesis, getting into Onederland. [Groan!] Going to Charleston, SC (conference), visiting friends in Venice, FL, and then another conference last week in Hilton Head, SC didn't help. LOL. But unlike previous years, thanks to my great VSG, I WILL make it to Onederland, and I say it'll happen this week.

I really need to take some pictures. Going from a 22-24 to a 14...! In 5 months. Admittedly, looking hot and sexy. Going to events and meetings I've avoided for years. I even tried on a size 12 dress (stretchy--poly/spandex fabric) and, without a body shaper, I can wear it, though my low ab flab would keep me from classily doing so just yet. But with a body shaper? Maybe.

Hang on, Amanda; it will happen. :-)