Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2014 RNY/Bypass Post Op Support Group

Had a bad set back, had allergic reaction, now have pancreatitis, urinary track infection and dehydration. I'm in hospital again and probably be here for a few days. I'll keep you all updated!

Oh no!!! You poor thing. Keep us updated... I know there isn't much I can do from far away, but if you need someone to talk to, I'll be here.

Hey guys!!

I had my surgery on May 19th, so I'm coming up on my 1 month post op. I am doing fantastic! I exercise 5 times a week and my stage 2 diet is going great! I'm taking it careful with what I eat because I'm scared of getting sick. People think it is crazy how I can only eat just a little bit. My doctor sent me a card in the mail this week that I can show to a restaurant and order off the child's menu. I was stoked when I got it in the mail!!! My glue is coming off and I'm now able to swim. I have lost 37 pounds so far, so I'm excited!!! I hope everyone else is doing good!!!

Hi everybody, I'm new to this group. I had my surgery on May 7th and it went great had hardly any pain, from the surgery. Diet is going great, except can't eat cheese, it makes me nauseous every time. I've lost 33 lbs so far and feel great about that since I can't get out and exercise due to recent knee surgery. My biggest problem I have is I only fix food for myself and to fix that small of a meal is so hard I find I'm wasting a lot of food. Some of it I can freeze but if I open a can of Beans for instance you really can't freeze them. I don't mind the Protein Shakes that are already mixed up but i find I can't get the grittiness out of the powder. I have tried the blender, I have tried leaving it in the frig over night but just can't get it out, any suggestions?

Hi everybody, I'm new to this group. I had my surgery on May 7th and it went great had hardly any pain, from the surgery. Diet is going great, except can't eat cheese, it makes me nauseous every time. I've lost 33 lbs so far and feel great about that since I can't get out and exercise due to recent knee surgery. My biggest problem I have is I only fix food for myself and to fix that small of a meal is so hard I find I'm wasting a lot of food. Some of it I can freeze but if I open a can of Beans for instance you really can't freeze them. I don't mind the Protein Shakes that are already mixed up but i find I can't get the grittiness out of the powder. I have tried the blender, I have tried leaving it in the frig over night but just can't get it out, any suggestions?

I've been sticking to the ready to drink Protein shakes for that exact reason. I had a lot of luck before surgery using a Blender Bottle... took most of the grittiness out, but it also depended on the brand used.

I feel like I'm wasting tons of food too. I'm trying my hardest to make things I can get my family to eat too, but who wants soft/puréed foods?

Hello everyone I'm home and doing better. Still have some residual pain but getting better. Had to go back to liquids and work my way to soft. I feel better each day but still slower than where I should be. Good news is I'm under 300 lbs now, woo hoo!

hello everyone, well just getting things updated since being home from hospital again. So I was being stupid and thought I could have something just because it said sugar free/fat free but had dairy in it. I had another attack with my pancreas but I am also feeling like I experiencing late dumping syndrome. However, these attacks should be coming about 2-3 hours after (according to WebMD). My attacks are coming at least almost 7 hours afterwards. I am not sure what to make of it. Anyone else have experiences with late dumping syndrome? What are the symptoms?

The only time I experienced dumping syndrome it was about an hour after eating.

Now, with celiac disease, I had issues that were similar to dumping syndrome, but it would happen usually within 30-45 minutes of the beginning of the meal.

...I guess the point I'm trying to make is, I don't know why it's happening so late for you. :( you've had so many issues, I'm so sorry.

Well I'll keep my fingers crossed this is only a dairy thing. So far so good. I tried unsweetened Almond milk yesterday and no issues. So we will see.

Hopefully my kids will eat the yogurt I bought as I'm too scared to try it.

Good news for the day, I'm down 53 lbs! Woo!

<p>Well I'll keep my fingers crossed this is only a dairy thing. So far so good. I tried unsweetened Almond milk yesterday and no issues. So we will see.</p> <p>Hopefully my kids will eat the yogurt I bought as I'm too scared to try it. </p> <p>Good news for the day, I'm down 53 lbs! Woo!</p>

Way to go!

I use the unsweetened vanilla almond milk. I don't think I've even had real milk since the surgery.

Well, May post-ops.....how are things going?

I feel like I am finally getting the hang of this. I am on a full diet as of week 6 and loving the freedom to choose more foods. Oh, how I missed my salads and veggies. :) Right now I can fit 1-2oz of Protein and a couple tablespoons of veggies. I have been doing much better getting in my Water and Vitamins in. Feeling like more of a normal person every day. The pounds are coming off steadily....not as fast as I thought they would, but steady. :)

As of today, I have lost 38.4 pounds in 7 and a half weeks.

Well, May post-ops.....how are things going? <br><br> I feel like I am finally getting the hang of this. I am on a full diet as of week 6 and loving the freedom to choose more foods. Oh, how I missed my salads and veggies. :) Right now I can fit 1-2oz of Protein and a couple tablespoons of veggies. I have been doing much better getting in my Water and Vitamins in. Feeling like more of a normal person every day. The pounds are coming off steadily....not as fast as I thought they would, but steady. :)<br><br> As of today, I have lost 38.4 pounds in 7 and a half weeks.

It's going! Haha. I recently got to add in protein chips and Protein Bars so it's really nice to have a snack to grab instead of always having to cook. I eat 2-3 oz. of protein and 1 oz. of fruits and veggies. I often don't make it to the veggies coz I get full off the protein. But... I don't usually sit down and eat a meal like that. I get full too quickly and then hungry again shortly after. So I eat several smaller meals a day. It seems to work better. I've been doing better with my fluids but vitamins are still a struggle because they're gross. Haha.

I've lost 31 pounds in 6.5 weeks. I seem to have hit another stall, so I'm going to attempt to exercise more this week!

How did you guys progress your foods...I had surgery may 5th and still really can't anything with crunch...maybe I'm just afraid of hurting my insides...how many calories do you consume a day?

I'm down 41 pounds so far since May 1. Really happy with my progress. My clothes are so loose on me. I usually eat 3 meals and 2 Snacks a day. I can eat anything so far - no bad reactions. I eat about 1/2 to 3/4 cup a food per meal. Snacks are smaller. I try to hit 750 calories. Exercise is either walking or aquafit. Still loving the sleeve

How did you guys progress your foods...I had surgery may 5th and still really can't anything with crunch...maybe I'm just afraid of hurting my insides...how many calories do you consume a day?

I've been able to eat anything since the 8 week mark. I've had anything from cucumbers to almonds with no problem. I make sure to chew everything well and it seems to be fine. :). I'm eating somewhere between 400-500 calories a day. My doctor doesn't recommend Protein Shakes after 6 weeks, only skim milk to add Protein.