Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dating after Weight Loss Surgery

Oh, and I LOOK for the guys on mountain bikes, motorcycles, boats or other evidence they get off the sofa and turn off the TV sometimes..haha!

The hooked fish is supposed to be funny and I would say about 40% of the guys on Plenty of Fish have a pic to illustrate the joke. What I guess they don't realize since they don't see other male profiles of just how tired that joke is.

I don't see other women's profiles so I have no idea what they typically look like. I have "heard" they are often negative though - like mentioning all the things they don't want. It is easy to go negative after some of the fakers experience.

I recently met someone - who knows if it will go anywhere - but it was refreshing that he seems to be exactly what his profile said he is. I told him that, just how pleased that makes me to meet an authentic person and he felt the same about me. What he said is that the online sites are both "silly" and necessary since what a great way to meet compatible people that are in your geographical area. The silly is all the misrepresentation and basically people that seem to play on those sites like it is Facebook or something - like they don't seem to be seriously seeking what they claim to be seeking... For example, corresponding with a guy who claims to be seeking a potential wife and by the second email is asking me sex questions. Yeah, right. Anyway, it takes patience and willingness to sort through the duds. For me, the answer is to take it really really slow since I have come to believe that a sizable percentage of guys on these sites are just looking for hookups and lie about their intentions (among other things misrepresented). Or maybe it is just the ones that contact me..haha.... which is why I have done better with the hidden profile and I contact them and I just find a better pool of candidates that way.

My biggest chafe at the fish pics is that the pics are usually poor quality or the focus is on the fish and you can hardly make out the guys face.

I agree about the misrepresentation, though... every profile talks about wanting to meet a "best friend" or someone to share life with, yada, yada, yada and then you email or send a wink or whatever and they never even reply. When I message I try to point out things I have in common with them based on their profile and still never hear anything. We could sound like twins separated at birth and still... crickets...

I've actually thought about creating an alter ego (steal some pics of somebody from somewhere) and put the exact same wording in my profile and see if I get different results. Of course, that's lying and all -- I'd consider it an experiment. :blush:

And one more fun factoid -- it's hilarious to me when they put that they have a PhD in Journalism and their spelling is awful and their sentences are full of grammatical errors.... ummmm... probably not who they claim to be.

G

I have absolutely thought about putting a models pic up to watch the responses come flooding in. Lol would be pretty hard on the ol ego though.

I just can't get over how many men want a woman who likes to hunt, fish, play sports. Yeah some women do. But I don't want a man to have a manicure with, or shop for shoes with. So I just don't get it.

I have absolutely thought about putting a models pic up to watch the responses come flooding in. Lol would be pretty hard on the ol ego though.

I just can't get over how many men want a woman who likes to hunt, fish, play sports. Yeah some women do. But I don't want a man to have a manicure with, or shop for shoes with. So I just don't get it.

Theres a reason why they are single. From what I've heard POF is mostly a hookup site. But I know people who found someone on there too.

I was on POF for 2 days, some strange ppl there. Had trannies and very weird females message me, I'm single but not desperate! :)

Renee, are your pictures current and highlighting your new found confidence ? Try okcupid, it's free and not nearly as much of a hookup site like PoF.

I do have current pictures, and I try to make my profile as true and accurate as possible, and I'm typically very positive and upbeat, so I'm hoping that shows. I don't know, I feel like there is definitely someone out there for me, and other times, I think it'll never happen :/

@PRINCESSM The sad thing is, I actually LOVE sports and fishing (not hunting so much). Seems like that would draw a LITTLE attention.

Ginger

@PRINCESSM The sad thing is, I actually LOVE sports and fishing (not hunting so much). Seems like that would draw a LITTLE attention.

Ginger

You would think!

Ginger I'm sorry :-(

I like watching sports but that doesn't get me anywhere either. Who knows what men want.

Lol I'm"seeing" a guy I met online. Omg have men forgotten how to communicate? A friggin text at 9pm saying wish you were here ... But claim it's not an attempt at a booty call... Yeah right. I say "I need phone calls, or seeing you in person, texting doesn't do it for me"... And yet the texts continue. One word...... "NEXT!!!"

Edited by PRINCESSM

I just have to Remember I have awesome friends and family, and ENJOY the independence and freedom of being single, just as I hope when I'm with someone I will enjoy the companionship.

And not let myself be defined by whether or not I am part of a couple!

Edited by PRINCESSM

I am 5 months PO and just joined Match.com last week. This is my first time to try online dating so all I can do is wait to see how it goes. I've lost a little over 70 since surgery and 114 overall. As my profile says...I'm hopeful!

Ladies regardless of the weight loss. Be very careful on those websites. I met a guy who I thought was a nice guy. Long story short everything about him was a complete lie. I am still sick to my stomach knowing people are out there just praying upon nice people who are genuine and want to meet genuine people.

Just be safe and do your home work.

About the fish pictures, I think that some guys only take selfies when they have caught a fish, harvested a deer or something similar. Or maybe, they are Chandler Bing and can't smile when a camera is otherwise pointed at them, LOL. Anyway, maybe they are good guys, just saying... signed the a wife of a great guy with a ton of bass fishing selfies :-D

The biggest faking liar I encountered was from Match. I don't think POF is any more a hookup site than the rest ...

Okc is a good idea with the questions but I didn't have a lot of success finding men I was interested in.

Update. Mr Lowes sent me an email. As if. They all want to go out for coffee. Coffee is a beverage, not a date. If these guy wanted a date they should post a date that ladies would like, something High heel worthy. If a guy posted a pic next to Macys holding a bunch of shopping bags, I'd be all over that. Or holding a playbill for The Phantom. Again, the Harleys, the dead deer, the string of fish..just don't work.