Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do they not make dresses with long sleeves anymore?

First time out shopping for a dress to wear to a wedding. Is it too much to ask for a summer dress with sleeves??? I have a long way to go but dropped a size, maybe 2 on top, so overall pretty excited. But I couldn't find anything with some sleeves! Any suggestions? Anyone been out shopping lately? Shawls are an option but my arm wings can't be hid as well as I'd like!

I like the short sleeve shrug sweaters they have at a lot of the dress stores. Dress Barn has them. Here's me in one for my husband's company Christmas party:

post-169315-0-22092100-1399344842_thumb.jpg

No they dont a big pet peeve of mine! I usually end up with a cardigan. I have the short ones or longer ones and I'll wrap a thick belt around my sweater so I have some kind of shape.

OMG, you are too cute! I have a long torso and am pear shaped. I always think it looks like I'm wearing something too small when I've tried these on. But this is so cute on you!!

Try Kiyonna plus sizes. They have dresses with sleeves that are very fashionable! I bought one for a wedding back in February and loved it! :)

I don't have that long of a torso and I've always felt like I was wearing something too short / small too when I'd wear the sweaters for dresses. Glad I'm not the only one.

They do look so cute on others, I just don't think it feels right on me either.

Go to Ross, TJMaxx, Marshall's, etc. They have tons of shift dresses with wonderful patterns and 3/4 length bell sleeves which really even out a wider bottom or boobs. I bought a ton of them for $16 each and get more compliments on these dresses than anything!

Here is a poor picture of one I love:

post-175552-0-09840900-1399375202_thumb.jpg

I also had a lot of luck at Ross!

i love maxi dresses, but they're always sleeveless, so i get those short shrugs that just go around my arms and hit right under the bust.

@deedadumble@LipstickLady you guys look fantastic!

I've been hunting for a dress, too, something cottony and light for summer when it would just be too warm for any kind of second layer. The sleeveless world is pretty daunting -- no way I will ever go there. And how about the puffed sleeve look, lol. These arms don't need a poofy sleeve, that's for sure. I think I may end up in skirt and top world but I really want a dress. It's on my list of goals I wrote last June. Pretty dress for son's graduation.

I have that problem too! Summer is coming and all these dresses are sleeveless!! My hubby bought me this white I guess it's called a shrug or whatever and it works well to hide my bat wings ! They come in different colors!

post-190135-0-55561200-1399383695_thumb.jpg

It's rough isn't it? I usually do a cardigan-- like today I'm wearing a Gap dress (I can't tell you how excited I was about that!) and a cardigan. However i found this website http://www.eshakti.com/ where you can get the dresses custom for you! They will add sleeves or length etc. I've gotten 2 dresses from there and have been pretty happy. Good luck!

I hear you on this one. When I was first in the workplace 20+ years ago, it was considered very inappropriate to wear sleeveless tops to work. Now it seems I can't find any professional type blouse that isn't sleeveless.

Good old days... lol

Shrug or small sweater. I'm wearing a little sweater today with frills. It's cute. Has a bit of glitter in the knit. Something like that would work.