Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was sleeved march 24th.. my starting weight was 387... I am down to 320 which includes my 2 week preop diet.. This week I am so depressed and just feeling blah... I dont know how to snap out of it. .. when I weighed yesterday I only lost 2 1/2 pounds last week so that added to my depression..... any suggestions?

You've lost 67 pounds!!! That is so totally awesome!! 2.5 lbs in a week is fantastic. You're not going to lose the same each week. Chin up!! Be proud!!

You will totally go through some emotional ups and downs after this surg. Some of it is from your body adjusting to the new habits and less intake. Don't let the scale rule you. I am a slow loser, but it is coming off, just consider any loss an accomplishment, don't be hard on yourself, you just went through a major surg and life change. Think before and how often did you have a loss/gain. Hope you feel better! It will get easier

So in 8 weeks you've lost 67 lbs??? That's unreal! If it makes you feel better I was sleeved 5 days before you. Weighed 313 the day before surgery and 289 today, so only 24 lbs since surgery. The rest of my weight loss was from January-March (I chose to make major changes before my actual pre-op diet). I fight discouragement. I let it get me down for a few minutes every few days until I realize I haven't weighed this in 15 years and I never would have lost 24 pounds in 6-7 weeks before surgery. You have no reason to be sad about your weight loss, your numbers are a great motivator for others. If you are sad or depressed as you said, I'd dig around and figure out the real reason because it surely can't be the huge numbers you've dropped.

You have to think back to say March 1st, before you were sleeved and you would read these kinds of comments on here.. I chuckle a little because I am still pre op and oh what I would give to lose that much!!! You're doing great! Get out of your funk! :)

@@ms_tonya_nea

Girl!!! If you dont snap out of it!! 67lbs in 8 weeks is frickin awesome!!

Stay away from the scale. Only weight at the docs office.

WOW!!! you are droppin OVER 8lbs a week!!! DAMN GIRL!!!! When have you EVER dropped that kind of weight in that short of time??? (i mean i dont know you, but i know i have been on a diet for the last 8 years & i havent dropped weight like that!) Cheer up & stop jumping on that scale... its not about the # of pounds - its about being healthy & feeling good... (ok its a little bit about the numbers...lol) just dont do that scale every day...

SUPER PROUD OF YOU!!!

Nothing will cure our ups and downs, the blahs and the depression, not even the weight loss because we are the same inside our bodies. I know that people here cannot HELP me. There are days I am dancing. There are days I am sitting inside doing nothing, feeling sad. Surgery is not a miracle. It is up to me to snap out of these funks. I look better than I have in years, my husband and I have a new spring in our step, but...... I get the feelings I always had. I try to be supportive here. I hope the sunshine brings the best for all of us across the world, and I hope you all find a lake, a beach, a pond, some flowers, birds and much happiness!

I agree with Linda...sometimes it's just something that we can't even point a finger at...one time in my life I was so depressed and losing weight or winning the lottery wouldn't have helped, but I had clinical depression. As far as losing weight, you are doing great. Exercising and getting sunshine could improve your mood. Watch a comedy or hang out with your funniest friend! God Bless!!!

Thanks everyone for the great positive comments... you all are amazing and honestly made my day.. I actually got out of the house and went to a movie and feel some better...

I know you started higher than me but I was on 3/25 and I'm at 270 from surgery weight of 299.

You are doing awesome!

I get this way too. I think it's all changes, it's the fact that we have lost weight but aren't close to there yet, food isn't entertainment anymore.

Fellow Sleever, look at your success! Youve lost 67lbs, that is wonderful! You will come to a stall sometimes as my Dr has told me. But your not at a stall at all, your just slowing down. You will continue to lose and you will reach your goal.

Stay positive.

Sorry your feeling down, I too have those days...I agree with lindafromflorida.

Keep your head up, a bottle of Water in your hand and keep walking! Your doing great!