Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

7 weeks post op - success and struggles

I'm starting my 4th week out and was given the ok to do eggs and soft, chewed meats. I had a couple bites of a scrambled egg and a couple bites of chorizo and I have felt awful all day. Not my stomach but like reflux or acid or something. I feel like there's a ball of air at the bottom of my throat and it's awful. I haven't had nausea or heartburn since my surgery and it feels so weird/different now. I took a Pepcid but the bubble remains. I never had reflux or heartburn before the surgery either. I would get it on occasion but those occasions were few and far between. Sigh. Guess I need to start taking the pills daily. :(

I've eaten a few bites of carbs here and there. Never more than a few bites of bread but it sat pretty well. I can't eat more than 1/2 cup of anything so I def eat Protein first. I was craving a filaofish from mcdonalds (I have no idea why although I did the same when I was pregnant - I'm def not preg). I ate about 1/2, including bun. It sat well. I track everything. I've had maybe 4 days where I had more than 50 carbs in a day. French fries taste terrible now. Sweets taste ok but I immediately feel guilt and crappy so it's a deterrent. That's the beauty of the sleeve though, one bite leaves me fulfilled. It's still work to focus on low cal, high protein. I used to love cornbread but I can imagine that would be painful. pizza is my trigger food. It sits way easier than I wish it did. I'm trying to stay away from it,even if I'm full in one piece. It's the only thing I've eaten that I really, really want more of. My head wants it more than my stomach.

Anything that's been fried doesn't sit well. I almost immediately get sick. I love fried fish - so it sucks but it's ok. I'm down 68 pounds total - 38 since 3-18 surgery! How are you doing ???

61 as of this morning. 28 preop so it feels slow to me. But still, 60 gone! Finally have some stamina back. Some days better than others!

Hi, I am 8 weeks post op, just starting real food this week. I found that sharp cheddar cheese triggered a dump reaction, totally unexpected, so I will continue with cheese stix.

Very cautious at this point, mushrooms and onions with my scrambled eggs with sautéed spinach does well as does any fish, chicken as long as it is chewed well. Made an apple crisp for church potluck today and I had a piece of apple and it went down well. Also had some pulled chicken and that was good too, as well as the kale/ sausage cream Soup. My biggest issue is getting down the liquids, having to stop an hour before eating and then waiting a 1/2 hr before drinking after eating gets complicated. I am at work and get busy and forget to drink, then low and behold break time comes and I have to eat, then wait, then I forget, and on and on it goes.

I am almost nine weeks and not doing as well as y'all! This week I have eaten almost nothing - a bite or two a day- and it all makes me feel so nauseous :(

But when I did eat I did have a little bit of carbs- like 1/2 a piece of light wheat toast- , a few bites of pizza one day- it didn't hurt at all unfortunately !

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App