Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting my pre-op diet tomorrow

I can hardly believe that the time is already here...tomorrow I start my pre-op!!! smart shape protien shakes and 250 cal worth of veggies.come on May 16 looking forward to the brand new me:)

Well congrats. Hope you keep this attitude 5 days into your pre-op diet :( :P

Tmf, don't scare her!

Tracy, you go girl! And feel free to rant and rave whenever necessary. (Many of us have.) But stick to it! You can do it!

I loved the pre-op for the cleansing aspect and also that, for me, this was the first time I ever dropped a chunk that was not coming back. It set me on the trajectory for the whole project. I journaled a lot and of course this is the time leading up to the surgery so there's so much to think about and now no food to tamp down concerns, etc. So I wrote about that. I wrote down what I really wanted when I thought I wanted food, what I felt like I was missing or what it was that set me off, that triggered an impulse to fix myself a little something to eat. What are those times? This really helped me later. Oh, and I upped the exercise even though I was already exercising I started walking a lot more. I had a ton of nervous energy and I used it to walk. This gave me something to step into right after surgery and I think that really helped my body kick into healing mode. It got the clear message that things were different now. Best wishes to you! So happy for your determination and choosing a healthy future.

Bandista. Thanks for the comment. I love walking as well. I am lucky that where I work we have an amazing outdoor track. I pop out on break and do some laps it's great for my mind as well. I know it's going to be hard but I'm ready:)

Day 2, feeling good. Not feeling hungry but I do have a bit of a headache. The shakes work at keeping me feeling full. Wondering how I will feel at work tomorrow? How is everyone else today?

I am having my surgery May 16, started the preop diet on Friday May 2, not crazy about it but following it replacing two meals with two Protein Shakes and a lean and green meal I the evening.

I have four more days of pre-op diet and surgery on Friday, may 9th. My problem? I'm crabby. I have a dull headache. I used to drink a lot of diet pepsi, so maybe it's a caffeine headache. And I'm hungry.

Im into day 5... not really hungry anymore, yet I am looking for food. Lost 8 lbs so far. Ladies, chin up we can do this! Lots of luck to you all :)

I gave up Pepsi 2 weeks before I started my pre-0p I was worried about that as well. But I really didn't notice much withdraw. So I guess lucky me. But I still have the dull headache too. I have not been able to get the 3 rd Protein Shake in me yet. I will try today. Love hearing about everyone else :)

One day down and I'm not really struggling with hunger or headaches. Is that typical? I hope I'm not sick tomorrow. I was a big sweet tooth person... Not really a heavy caffeine drinker though. I think for me one of the things that will be key is to stay busy and involved in activities that don't include food.

you will all do great. i am almost 8 weeks out. life is good. i would not change my decision for anything on earth. i feel better than i've felt in years. i was hooked on diet drinks as well. have not had one in ten weeks. my body does not hurt from all the aspartame like it once did. it feels so good because this tool helps me make the right choices. i know i cant' have junk food so i don't even entertain the thought. that's for today. praying i can keep my chin up and do the right thing. i certainly don't want to stretch out this little princess tunny i'm now sporting. that would not be cool. let us know how you all are doing along the way. it's always great to hear from everyone. instead of snacking, i go on here to check on all my peeps!

Happy Losing,

Mississippi Girl!