Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

June 2007 Bandsters

One more thing I forgot to share...

My daughter in-law has pictures on her Facebook page that I just saw. My son and her wedding was July 7, 2007, one exact month after my banding. She has a picture of me and OMG, I could not beleive how fat I was, that was a true wake up call. Even if your weight loss is slow or you gained back some, remember where you started for additional hope!!!

Hey everyone! I can't believe it's been 2 years! I love my band and it is still working for me, I'm down about 115lbs. Happy bandiversary!

BCraz WOW, you are doing great.... I wish I could say the same, I still have my struggling days, but overall I am losing. I go back for my first fill after my hernia surgery next week. It has taken a long time!

Our thread has little activity... I hope all those June 07 banders are hanging in there and have a wonderful summer!

I haven't checked in in a while. Not much changed here. I haven't lost any more weight. Haven't gained any either. Would like to lose a lot more but nothing seems to be happening.

HI everyone! I am just stopping by to say hello. Not really a whole lot going on with me in terms of Lapband. I don’t know about you guys but mine is very inconsistent. Sometimes it works great and other times I don’t even know it in there. I have days when I can’t hold down Water and other days I could eat an entire plate of shrimp Pasta (just an example). Well hope all is doing well!

Hello everyone! I'm glad to see some are still losing! I had made it to 296 (from 327 on OR day, 367 at a high), and am now back up at 336. I know I'm not at all perfect with my eating, but even my husband says I easily east half of what I ate before the band was placed (I eat occasional sweet stuff, but generally stick to the healthier foods, I simply feel better when I eat better), and yet I continue to gain.

So I saw an Endocrinologist in June of this year. I've only had a couple of fills and am at 6 in an 11cc band. I do have reflux from time to time and a lot of days it feels like when I swallow the food doesn't want to move down my esophagus, so I hesitate to go higher.

She did lab after lab and an upper GI. The UGI showed that my band is in good placement and that it is pretty open, the contrast flowed through readily. No enlargening of the pouch above the band, either (that was my fear).

So I don't know. I know I need to step up my exercise, but it is kinda frustrating to think that I have gained weight back, though I should be glad I'm not more than ten pounds higher than my banding weight, so I guess it is doing something! If I hadn't had it I'd likely have simply continued to gain and gain. In that sense it has been a lifesaver.

Would I do it again? Absolutely! Would I choose bypass over this, considering my lack of loss? No way. I have had friend after friend who have had bypass and have had nothing but problems. Yep, they're thinner, but...

Nice to check in with you all and hope everyone keep with it! I'm going to go back to basics and see what happens. Perhaps I'll try starting from the beginning and doing the diet from banding day one.

Hello everyone! I'm glad to see some are still losing! I had made it to 296 (from 327 on OR day, 367 at a high), and am now back up at 336. I know I'm not at all perfect with my eating, but even my husband says I easily east half of what I ate before the band was placed (I eat occasional sweet stuff, but generally stick to the healthier foods, I simply feel better when I eat better), and yet I continue to gain.

So I saw an Endocrinologist in June of this year. I've only had a couple of fills and am at 6 in an 11cc band. I do have reflux from time to time and a lot of days it feels like when I swallow the food doesn't want to move down my esophagus, so I hesitate to go higher.

She did lab after lab and an upper GI. The UGI showed that my band is in good placement and that it is pretty open, the contrast flowed through readily. No enlargening of the pouch above the band, either (that was my fear).

So I don't know. I know I need to step up my exercise, but it is kinda frustrating to think that I have gained weight back, though I should be glad I'm not more than ten pounds higher than my banding weight, so I guess it is doing something! If I hadn't had it I'd likely have simply continued to gain and gain. In that sense it has been a lifesaver.

Would I do it again? Absolutely! Would I choose bypass over this, considering my lack of loss? No way. I have had friend after friend who have had bypass and have had nothing but problems. Yep, they're thinner, but...

Nice to check in with you all and hope everyone keep with it! I'm going to go back to basics and see what happens. Perhaps I'll try starting from the beginning and doing the diet from banding day one.

Faithmd,

I am right there with you. I am kinda frustrated and dissapointed especially when I go to the dr. and he's looking at me like "you're not doing what you're suppose to do":mad2:.

I've realized that this is a journey - highs and lows. As Captain Danbo said, sometimes I feel it's working sometimes not. I have no regrets, but am actually grateful for the experience, even if I don't lose another pound. I have learned to LIVE!

You have the right attitude - don't give up!

N~

To everyone....be encouraged....go back to doing what you KNOW to do...the band is a tool...make it work for you..get into a support group!!!

We can do it!!! be blessed!!!!

I have had reflux problems too. Needed a total unfill. Have gained a few pounds back. I do need to exercise more too. I like junk food too much also.

I went to the doc. and have a slightly dilated pouch. I had to have 2cc taken out. Now I'm doing 7 days of liquids and 7 days of soft foods. Hopefully that will allow the band to go back to normal size and then the Fluid will be replaced. I'm continuing to exercise and try to eat well.

Be blessed everyone!

Hello,

I just found this website (although I was banded 6/29/07) and am still trying to navigate my way around it. It is nice to hear the stories from some of you that got banded the same time I did. I too have been struggling. My surgery weight was 324 and that was not my highest. A year later I hit 249 for like 1 day, until a trip to Vegas, then I got off track and have struggled the last 15 months. I was back up to 283-285 until 2 weeks ago when I finally started to pull it back together. I've been utilizing another site for food journeling and it has helped me get back on track. I've lost 10 pounds the first week which gave me great hope, now none this last week. I'm so frustrated!! It is sooooo hard to stay on track when you are not losing! Getting back into exercising is a BIG challenge for me. Any suggestions? I'd love to hear from some of those of you who are or have struggled like myself.

Hello, I haven't posted for a couple of years. I had my surgery on 6/27/2009. My weight the day of surgery was 326. About one year after I was down to 240. I am at 265 now and holding. I have only had 2 fills since surgery. I am not doing any of the things I am suppose to do. All I do is eat sweets and I know that is not healthy for me. I drink a lot of McD sweet tea and Soups. I really miss eating. My husband is ready for me to take this thing out. I can only eat one bite or two of solid food. I am so afraid if I have the band unfilled or taken out then I will go up to 400 pounds. I know if I used this band as a tool then I would lose but evidently my addiction to food is more powerful. I know what to do but I am not doing it. How crazy is that?!!! Just wanted to vent. I am really happy for all those who have been successful with this. I wish you continued success. Hopefully I will finally get my act together.

Snoopy :thumbup:

Hello, I haven't posted for a couple of years. I had my surgery on 6/27/2009. My weight the day of surgery was 326. About one year after I was down to 240. I am at 265 now and holding. I have only had 2 fills since surgery. I am not doing any of the things I am suppose to do. All I do is eat sweets and I know that is not healthy for me. I drink a lot of McD sweet tea and Soups. I really miss eating. My husband is ready for me to take this thing out. I can only eat one bite or two of solid food. I am so afraid if I have the band unfilled or taken out then I will go up to 400 pounds. I know if I used this band as a tool then I would lose but evidently my addiction to food is more powerful. I know what to do but I am not doing it. How crazy is that?!!! Just wanted to vent. I am really happy for all those who have been successful with this. I wish you continued success. Hopefully I will finally get my act together.

Snoopy :thumbup:

Snoopy,

Have you considered going to a suppot group or theapy? If you are addicted to food this might help. If you're only eating a few bites and have not had a fill, then I would advise you to seek medical attention. I hope you will do what's best for you and your body.

Hey, forgot the name of the forum there for a while. It was great to read that we're all chugging along. Some better than others. I hope you all have resolved your medical problems. I have a local lapband friend who is really successful and she works hard and gyms every day. I know what I have to do. Anyway, the good news is that I'm happier than I've been in years. I seem to be all positive all the time. I am back in Australia now after my year-long world trip. My job in Spain was great. Now I have my old job back in Australia and am planning to go to Italy next year. Haven't had a fill or even seen a doctor for 15 months. I have lost a little weight but nothing to get too excited about but I am not even at my lowest banded weight by a long shot (like some of you, I too put on a fair bit of weight with the band.

I am still 62 pounds lighter than my banded weight. Of course, cutting out the sugar and dedicating myself to exercise would help because I really should have lost at least 100 by now. The funny thing is, I haven't given up. I still think I have it in me to lose a lot more. I'm still in the obese category but I finally thing I'm ready to start doing something about it again.

As someone above said, I don't regret being banded. What's been incredible for me is the mental change. I don't think about weight and food every moment of the day. I don't feel awkward in social situations and I have completely stopped the harsh, negative self-talk. I even (literally) pat myself on the back all the time and solve problems instead of feeling defeated. Life really seems much easier this way. I used to walk down the street ashamed thinking everyone was staring at me and judging me.

As captain Danbo said, my band is also a crazy thing. Some weeks I can eat a full bowl of restaurant portioned food and other weeks next-to-nothing. What on earth causes this?

Also, I'm sure you've all figured this out, never, never eat dried fruit!

Hope you guys suddenly remember the forum and post one of these days.

Ann (ha, bet you didn't remember my real name).

Edited by insubordination

Hi all I was at 304 june 5, 2007, got down to 218 last year and maintained between 218 and 224, weighed on dec 25, 2009 i was at 228, so i decided this is it, i gotta do this. so i started low carbing (jan 2, 2010) or basically meat and cheese and salads, misc veggies, and nuts. and lots of Water and coffee. cut out my cheetos, oreo Cookies, lindell chocolates, chocolate ice cream, and all other junk food between. LOL. today is jan 7 and i am down to 221, praise God, i gotta do this i spent so much money and there are 4 women here that had it done and they all were at goal after 1 to 1 1/2 year. everyone looks at me and i know what they are thinking. the thing with not drinking 15-30 min prior and 1 hour after really does work. i feel stuck but I know after one hour i can start drinking my water.