Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

@@patsy1947

Oh Boy, surgery is Wed the 16th, just a little over a day away! Getting nervous, excited, frantic, all of it.

Good luck toler! Once the surgery is over you will begin a new, better part of your life. Well, the first couple weeks can be trying, but as long as your husband minds your surgeon things will be good. ☺️. For the record, I took blood thinners orally, no needles. And no drainage tubes.

Thank you! This is for sure the hardest thing I have ever done, but the reward will be worth it! I know it will!

Toler, it really is not that hard. Scary until you get it done but each stage goes by quickly. The drain tube hurts for less than 30 seconds same for the shots.

@@lmm300missouri

I asked my doctor about the drain tube and he said I wouldn't have one (goodie)

My hubby will do the shots for me. I have a real bad problem with needles LOL

Thank you for your support.

i didnt have a drain either ,,, and was really glad..

Did you have to give yourself injections?

Tolar wishing you the best! Sent a private message on Facebook!

Love the quilted carriers for Water bottles

Stay positive and know everyone is here for you!

Linda

I have been relying on Pure Protein Bars to supplement since I started maintenance. Otherwise I'd be low on calories and Protein. BUT just tried the new (to me anyway) box on special at costco. Two flavors - Peanut Butter and mint. Not nearly as tasty as the originals - actually the mint is gross - but I failed to notice how much higher the calorie count is. 290 a bar vs 200 for the regular. Watch out.

toler, no i didn't have to give my self injections,, they gave them to me in hospital but not at home.. since i had to walk every hr. they said i didn't need them.. they are blood thinners, to kept you from having blood clots..Im not good with needles.. i can give them fine but not take them myself. lol

Good luck for an easy surgery tomorrow and a quick recovery, Toler! You won't regret it! (Well you might for a split second or two but you'll get over that quickly!). You have a lot of good vibes behind you.

@@Bubbletoes

THank you so much!

Have a quick great recovery

Wow, what an experience! Went in at 7:40 as expected, surgery was supposed to be at 9;40. I finally went back at 12:30!! That was a bit frustrating to say the least.

Woke up in a bit of pain and nauseous. I think the dry heaves were the worst. They gave me meds for both, the pain and nausea. I was pretty much out of it until late this morning. Still had both problems, Again they gave me injections. Around noon they gave me two Percoset. The nausea stopped and pain subsided. So, they sent me home, about 2:30. Didn't fully realize something else. The bloat! From saturating me with saline or puffing me up with gas, don't know which it is, but I can't even get my undies on! I tried putting on my wedding ring, that's going to have to wait until this bloat goes down!

On an up-note, when I weighed in at the hospital I was down to 204!

Getting down sf-Jello, Water, chicken broth with no problems.

Just really tired.

Yeah! You did it. Good.