Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my sleeve done in june of 2013. Ive lost 132lbs. My tailbone hurts if I sit for longer then 10 minutes. Even in a nice patted chair. Has anyone else had this problem since losing weight? Could it be cause I use to have padding there and now I don't?

I had my sleeve done in june of 2013. Ive lost 132lbs. My tailbone hurts if I sit for longer then 10 minutes. Even in a nice patted chair. Has anyone else had this problem since losing weight? Could it be cause I use to have padding there and now I don't?

Oh. Yes! I change positions so many times if sitting it's ridiculous. I literally almost lay down in some chairs or couches because of the pain. I can, literally, feel my tailbone sticking out. No padding at all. I'm afraid I'm going to become a "donut" woman and have to resort to those pillows they use for hemorrhoids!! Lol

Before surgery my dr said he sees those complaints often from weight loss patients. We're used to the padding, not having it takes some getting used to

Me too, surprised the crap out of me when I started noticing how I could feel the car seat pressing against my tailbone! I've been putting extra padding on my chair years before I lost weight, so I didn't really notice the difference, but sitting on wooden chairs at restaurants and at work is a whole new experience. :o

Me too. Tailbone hurts when sitting too long, especially on a hard seat. Also have trouble when my legs are together, like when you curl up on your side in bed. My knees knock together, very uncomfortable. Sometimes I miss my padding.

I get the tailbone pain all the time. I constently move around in my work chair trying to get comfy so I'm sure my co workers think I have huge hemorrhoids!!!! Hahaha! When I sleep on my side my hip bones ache if I don't move positions because my hip bone is now a pressure point! Also, I'm freeeeezzzzzzing cold all the time. Guess if that's the hardest part of my day I am doing pretty good.

Thank you. All this makes me feel better. Try sleeping with a pillow between ur knees. It might help with knee and hip pressure for you guys. Thats what I do :)

Ok so I went and worked out with a group. The trainer had us do sets of sit-ups alternating with box jumps. I did so many sit ups I bruised my tailbone and excoriated the skin around that area. It hurt for a few weeks and took awhile to heal. Sit ups have to be do neon a bosu or ball now.

I can feel the boney prominences of my sacrum for the first time ever. When I was this weight in my early 20s, I had more padding there. This is new.

I have bike capris that are padded and cover up with a Sweet Spot Skirt (Google that). It works for casual days running errands in my car.

I really want to ride my bike, and hope that my seat position will not cause my tailbone to hurt. I think it's gonna be ok.

Glad to hear I'm not alone in this, but sorry the rest of you have this pain too.

Yep, count me as part of the painful tailbone crew :)

Ditto on the tailbone issue and with freezing all the time!

I thought I was the only one who felt like their tailbone had grown at least 2 inches since surgery :-p. I bought an ortho cushion for my car seat and a knee pillow for sleep, due to knobby knees.

My bum hurts too. I sit at work and commute about an hour each way. My new little butt is so confused. :P

Me too! My xiphoid process sticks out too & I was worried it was broken!! My husband said if it was broken I would probably be dead! Haha. Just not use to seeing it!