Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Don't know if this is normal?

Had a fill today. First one since December. I had .4 cc put in- so I'm now at 8.4 didn't even know I had 8 thought I only had 7.

Anyway I can't keep anything down. All I have tried is Water and I have been sick a dozen or so times since the fill about 4 hours ago. I have never had this happen before. Should I try and ride it out or go to the er and see if they can remove some Fluid?

Edited by irishflower78

My surgeon says to call them immediately if I experience symptoms like you are describing after a fill. It definitely sounds like you are too tight! I would call your doctor's emergency number or consider going to urgent care. Best of luck to you!

My first aggressive fill sent me to the ER. Like was suggested above, call your surgeon if you're vomiting constantly. Good luck, hunny!

I called the on call number and they have me going to the er now :(

I sure hope you are okay. I won't lie but this is scaring me now. Do many of you have these similar experiences?

I've had the band since November and this is the first time this has happened to me. I think the issue was I ate before I went(which is fine to do) and had a stuck episode so I think the swelling from that plus the fill was just to much.

Edited by irishflower78

They took 8 cc out so now my band is basically empty :( this makes me feel like a failure.

I hope they figure out what happened. Good luck and keep us posted. You're not a failure! Hang in there.

Can I ask why they gave you a fill the same day you got stuck? I'm new at this, so bear with me. Isn't getting stuck a sign that you're already too tight?

I get stuck all the time due to I'm horrible and eat to fast to big of bites. This is totally my fault.

I get stuck all the time due to I'm horrible and eat to fast to big of bites. This is totally my fault.

After I get a fill I am on liquids for 3 days, mushy for 3 days and then my regular foods. I find when I am over hungry I get stuck because I eat too fast. Happened 3 times last week. I get up and walk around. It happened in restaurants. I left my husband sitting alone but when I felt better I rejoined him. Remember chew chew chew.

God luck. Feel better

Yes, you ate too fast and took too big of bites, but why does that make YOU a "failure" ??? We all make mistakes, and learn from them, but that does' nt make anyone , especially you , a failure. Give yourself some credit ! And a big pat on the back for getting banded so you can lead a healthier life ! Start fresh tomorrow, get back in the horse, try try again................. you get the picture.................. good luck !

They took 8 cc out so now my band is basically empty :( this makes me feel like a failure.

Please don't feel like a failure. Emptying your band is actually the best step you could have taken considering the circumstances. You took good care of yourself by going back in and NOT waiting it out. Had you waited this out, the consequences could have been much worse than an emptied band, such as a band slip, dehydration, band erosion, and constant esophagal/stoma inflammation.

It's a good think you acted quickly.

How long until you can re-fill?

May I offer you some advice for this waiting period? (I'm partially unfilled, myself). You will now be back in Bandster Hell. I am using this time to just stablize my loss and not try to keep losing (it's just too hard to eat bandlike portions with no band, at least for me). So I went back to my WW plan and thankfully I've managed to maintain my loss by keeping to a traditional (but healthy) diet. Had I not put into place some kind of eating plan, I would've very quickly put my weight back on during the three months I have to remain at this fill level. (I'm not empty, but I may as well be.)

You've got a good loss going there...just strive to keep it off until you can get back to your optimal fill level.

Sending strength your way...

Thank you all for your kind words. I should get a call today from the nurse practitioner that has been seeing me. I just moved across Country so this is a new practice to me and I had never met one of the doctors until last night in the er. He said they have been moving away from the lapband and the long term care of the band. That makes me mad and sad because I had to jump through hoops to even get them to take me on as a patient and just yesterday I paid $180 for their 12 support group sessions and 6 exercise sessions I had to agree to to be seen by them!

I have not lost a whole lot since surgery. I was 345 at surgery and was 333.3 yesterday - feel that's a loss I could have done without all stress of the band.

The band is definitely not for the weak hearted. And it's no where as easy as they claim in the commercials. Even after the band you will still be dieting. I have even bought the coffee bean extract and some other diet pill. Something I would never have expected to be buying trying to lose weight post band.

Sorry for the vent. I'm frustrated.

Had an appt with the nurse practitioner today and she put 5 cc back in the band!

Thanks everyone for listening and letting me vent!

This was a wake up call for me and I'm going to use this band as the tool it's intended and get this weight off!

Edited by irishflower78