Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

That's the only time I weight myself now, is when I go to the doctors........ This weight journey is crazy..... There will be weeks where you don't lose any weight and then there will be weeks where you lose a lot....... There's no telling.... Just keep doing what you feel is best and the weight will come off......... I just hit 5 months and I thought I was a slow loser then all of a sudden things changed..... I'm down 83lbs since my surgery........

Wow!! Congrats on your weight loss!!

30lbs in 5 weeks is great! You'll get there run your diet by your nutritionist just to make sure you're on track. The 3 week stall is very normal. My 3rd week stall lasted 2 weeks and then the scale started moving again. As long as your following your dr's plan you'll lose the weight. It may not be as fast as we want but it will happen. Good luck, try not to stress and get angry because that may trigger some emotional eating habits.

It's crazy how emotional this journey is. When I was on liquid only I felt like I looked thinner and now that I'm eating real food again I am convinced I've gained it all back by looking at my face. I also don't have a scale and had dropped 30 at my two week check up. I promised myself I wouldn't obsess lol but it's easier said than done. It's a marathon not a sprint.

My goals going in I said i would be happy with moderate loss and more energy (from weight loss and blood sugar improvements). Maybe once I'm not so sore I will feel energetic and better but since I'm still in so much pain the weight is my only "benefit" so I'm worried about it.

Make sure that you're getting enough good fats and enough Proteins. Stick with high Protein foods like greek yogurt with honey, eggs, lean ham or turkey, etc.

Also, make sure that you're getting enough Water. Water helps to flush out all of the bad stuff, so if you don't have enough water in your system, then your body holds onto your fat.

I was hungry last night so I ate a few small bites of a sub sandwich and a few Pringles. I feel so guilty! I chewed everything really well and it wasn't a lot. I hate when my sister brings food over especially when I'm having a weak day. No more! I didn't have this surgery to stay fat so I'm going to try harder. I'm doing this for myself and my health. Sorry guys :-( I feel like not only did I let myself down I let all of you down. I'll do my best to stick to the program.

It is just the infamous 3 week stall. Happens to most people. Stick to your plan and don't get discouraged. Measure with a tape measure, you are losing inches even when the scale doesn't move. Completely normal for the scale to stick on a number at this point. Give it a few weeks, then you can get pissed off ;)

I read you said that you eat cream of wheat, and creamed Soup, but are you getting enough Protein in? I'm 4 weeks out, and I stalled for a couple of days, when I kicked up my protein intake ( Greek yogurt, and 1 Protein Shake, some meat, not much) the weight started coming off again. I try to do 3-4 yogurts a day so I get about 90-100 gms of protein in a day, that's what my surgeon had old me we need in early stages. Everyones doc is different though. good luck!

Dont get discouraged!! Im at day 13 of my stall and I "used" to weigh myself every morning...religiously...like clock work! I put the scale up last week and I only get on it once a week now. I had my surgery a day after you so we are within the same time frame. I have been eating creamed Soups EVERY DAY. I did try some salmon on Monday but could only eat a few bites before it got stuck.

I try and stay away from oatmeal and cream of wheat; that's the previous "zero carb addict" in me from my pre-sleeved life.

I think if you try and transition from the oatmeal and c.o.w. to stuff like eggs w/ a lil cheese for Breakfast, and tuna, etc that will help. I *was* a fast food junkie cuz i dont know how to cook. But I am being forced to prepare my meals and try and be creative. I have never had an avacado or spaghetti squash in my life! I dont like yogurt and can barely stomach cottage cheese. Try and see food as fuel; try to look at it differently. I was always eating in my pre-sleeved life; everything i did was centered around food!! movies=popcorn, lunch=McD's #2 value meal, friday nite=dinner at restaurant, happy hour w/ coworkers=appetizers, saturdays=bbq grilling w/ friends!! Now, I have had to switch my focus and do other things. During lunch, I walk. No more eating out= soooooo much money saved in my bank acct!! I don't watch as much tv becuz of the food commercials so i find stuff to do around the house. Change your thinking, change your life!!

Keep your head up beautiful!!

I'm 4 weeks out, and I stalled for a couple of days, when I kicked up my Protein intake ( Greek yogurt, and 1 Protein shake, some meat, not much) the weight started coming off again.

Hi Kelly, what meats are you eating?

I get over 60 grams of Protein a day. 2 shakes and whatever else I eat that has protein like yogurt, cottage cheese, etc.,

Then you are probably like me, a slow loser. (Which sucks b@ll$!!)

But dont worry, we will get there. And soon this thread will lost in the archives while you are celebrating reaching your goal weight. But first, we have got to (try) and enjoy the ride until we get there.

I am six weeks out today..and trust me..I was in your exact place a few weeks ago...I did not lose anything weeks 2-4..I even gained a few pounds back and forth..but I would never go lower than what I lost in my first 1-2 weeks..Then in week 4 I got my monthly visit from..AF...which even made it worse..I cried and was so depressed week 2-4..but I noticed that towards the end of my period..the scale stayed the same...that's when I knew..finally!!!..as soon as this is done..the scale has to go down...and sure enough it did...another 5 pounds within the next three days...

Just stay on track..and you will get stuck along the way..but don't give up...your body just needs time to adjust to the weight loss..and not feel like you are in starvation mode..imagine..you just lost over 20 lbs..in such a short period of time..your body is like what???..no way..I'm saving everything...and that's what it does..until the weeks go by and your body adjusts..and then it feels ok to continue..

I was very upset and kept reading about the 3 week stall..and didn't believe I was in a stall..I thought I was just stopped..and the scale would never move again...but just don't focus so much on the scale..but instead on how you are feeling..losing over 20 lbs..is amazing..just know..it won't end there..sometimes you won't lose anything for a few days or weeks..then all of a sudden you will drop..just continue and have faith..and you will see things will get better and you will begin to feel better about your decision and your new life.

I'm allowed cream of wheat and oatmeal at three weeks. Every doctor is different, so she is just going by the plan her doctor gave her.

the point is, she feels what she is doing isnt working. and since you can only fit a tiny bit in your sleeve at this point, filling it with nutrient empty foods instead of Protein is counter-productive. just because something is on your list of food you can eat, doesn't mean you should. my post op list was full of sugar free crap. doesnt mean i should eat it. i have done fine without it.