Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stuff I've done with Unjury unflavored powder

So everyone knows about adding this to Soups and smoothies and yogurt, etc. But I'm 4 months out and always looking for ways to up my Protein with "regular" food. I am NOT a cook, so I apologize for the lack of measurements. I usually just wing it.

I made a previous post about the protein pancakes I made by adding powders? utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury and an extra egg to Bob's Red Mill pancake mix. I made a bunch of pancakes that I froze and now have 30 second microwave protein pancakes whenever I want.

My second experiment was simply adding 2 scoops (42g) of Unjury to the mushroom Soup part of traditional green bean casserole...you know, the green Beans, French fried onion, mushroom soup casserole. I was craving that on Easter Sunday (it's a tradition) I gave 1/2 to a friend and spent the last week eating a little bit every day.

Third "recipe" is crab cakes. Mixed together canned crab meat, mayo, mustard, Old Bay spice, pepper, fresh bread crumbs (from the heal of a loaf of 9grain bread my roommate had) and 1 scoop of Unjury powder. Let it sit and chill in the fridge for an hour then cooked a small patty in a bit of oil and damn! IT WAS GOOD! I just keep the mixture in the fridge and make a patty whenever I want.

And then there's the crust less quiche... 4 eggs, spinach, mushrooms, onions, cheese, ham, 2 scoops Unjury powder, and a little milk. Poured it all in a shallow pan and baked at 400 degrees untill done. Cut it into small portions and froze them. Again, I've got yummy "quiche cubes" to heat and eat for Breakfast when I'm in a hurry.

I welcome any other ideas!

Here are my four fav recipes. "Unfortunately" they are all dessert but they're high Protein low cal dessert so it could be worse :P

http://twosleevers.com/?s=Unflavored+

I'm curious. Does fhr Protein not denature when you bake it in the quiche?

Here are my four fav recipes. "Unfortunately" they are all dessert but they're high Protein low cal dessert so it could be worse :P

http://twosleevers.com/?s=Unflavored+

I'm curious. Does fhr Protein not denature when you bake it in the quiche?

Thanks for the link. I'm still burned out on sweetness from all the Protein shakes that I have no desire for Desserts yet. But I'll bookmark it for future reference.

As for the denaturing, I'm sure it does, but there's no texture issues because it's in a quiche. Heat doesn't "destroy" the protein...just changes the texture. Just like the difference between raw eggs and meat vs cooked.

awesome, thanks! I ordered a bunch of unflavored so that I could try to add it to anything I eat in the first couple of months post-op that isn't Protein heavy.

I have a few friends who had surgery over the past year and they all had such different experiences but one of them could only eat applesauce and broth (nothing else would stay down for like 7 weeks!) so it would come in handy...

awesome, thanks! I ordered a bunch of unflavored so that I could try to add it to anything I eat in the first couple of months post-op that isn't Protein heavy.

I have a few friends who had surgery over the past year and they all had such different experiences but one of them could only eat applesauce and broth (nothing else would stay down for like 7 weeks!) so it would come in handy...

Just keep in mind that although it is unflavored, doesn't mean it has no taste. It has a distinctive whey taste (although less so than the Syntrax unflavored I tried). So it isn't that great just adding to juice or lightly flavored things. It's best if the flavor of what you are adding it to is strong enough to mask the whey taste. In the beginning I added it to every kind of broth and dilute/strained cream Soup I could find for variety and a break from the sweet Protein shakes. And with those you have to be careful of the temp (keep it under 140 degrees) or it will clump.

Good Luck!

Thanks for this I m almost 3 weeks post of and having the hardest time getting Protein in and keeping it down.

So everyone knows about adding this to Soups and smoothies and yogurt, etc. But I'm 4 months out and always looking for ways to up my Protein with "regular" food. I am NOT a cook, so I apologize for the lack of measurements. I usually just wing it.

I made a previous post about the Protein pancakes I made by adding unjury and an extra egg to Bob's Red Mill pancake mix. I made a bunch of pancakes that I froze and now have 30 second microwave protein pancakes whenever I want.

My second experiment was simply adding 2 scoops (42g) of Unjury to the mushroom Soup part of traditional green bean casserole...you know, the green Beans, French fried onion, mushroom soup casserole. I was craving that on Easter Sunday (it's a tradition) I gave 1/2 to a friend and spent the last week eating a little bit every day.

Third "recipe" is crab cakes. Mixed together canned crab meat, mayo, mustard, Old Bay spice, pepper, fresh bread crumbs (from the heal of a loaf of 9grain bread my roommate had) and 1 scoop of Unjury powder. Let it sit and chill in the fridge for an hour then cooked a small patty in a bit of oil and damn! IT WAS GOOD! I just keep the mixture in the fridge and make a patty whenever I want.

And then there's the crust less quiche... 4 eggs, spinach, mushrooms, onions, cheese, ham, 2 scoops Unjury powder, and a little milk. Poured it all in a shallow pan and baked at 400 degrees untill done. Cut it into small portions and froze them. Again, I've got yummy "quiche cubes" to heat and eat for breakfast when I'm in a hurry.

I welcome any other ideas!

Thanks for the crab cake recipe, I'll be trying that sometime this week!!! :)