Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any 2014 June Sleevers

Quick question: i am scheduled for the 11th ( in 3 days) and my surgeon never mentioned anything about smoking.. I smoke.. Any feed back guys?

I had to quite, I had to be 6 weeks smoke free before they did my surgery.

I'm still in lots of pain. Especially when getting out of bed or in a chair. Not to mention laughing hard (stay away from FB funnies)! Still not easy drinking or eating. I like that I'm full fadt. But it really makes it hard to get daily required stuff in. Lots to learn but I'm excited to do so!

I'm still in lots of pain. Especially when getting out of bed or in a chair. Not to mention laughing hard (stay away from FB funnies)! Still not easy drinking or eating. I like that I'm full fadt. But it really makes it hard to get daily required stuff in. Lots to learn but I'm excited to do so!

Same here, I had my surgery on the 4th. I still have the pulling pain on my incisions when trying to change positions. Getting out off bed is a pain. Drinking is hard but it got little bit easier today. I guess this is the transition we have to go through.

Thanks for answering :) I need all the feed back I can get. I had my surgery the 3rd. Hope we can continue to stay in touch and compare notes! (Water was easier today for me!)

Feel free to private message me anytime.

Hello everyone. Fellow sleever here. After years of yoyo dieting and disappointing weight gains I finally made the decision to look into a weight loss tool that works and after months of research, psych evaluations and nutritionist visits I was finally approved for the gastric sleeve. I am scheduled for surgery on the 30th of this month. I'm a little nervous and excited but extremely thankful I found this forum, your posts are very helpful.

4 days post-op and I'm doing pretty good. No nausea and the only real pain is the large incision and the muscle underneath. The other incisions have started itching. It still hurts to get up from sitting or lying down so I'm still taking my pain meds. I'll probably stop in another day or so. Having trouble getting in all my fluids but I'm getting as close to goal as I can. It doesn't hurt to drink, I just don't feel thirsty. Burping, hiccups and coughing is painful. I'm on full liquids so I'm quite enjoying my cream Soups.< /p>

Water was easier today. I just ordered some flavor enhancers w Protein. I loooove lemonade and lemon water. Hope it's good b/c it will help w my thirst and protein intake! Took first good long walk outside today. It felt wonderful! Glad it's staying mild in Chicago area.

Hello everyone. Fellow sleever here. After years of yoyo dieting and disappointing weight gains I finally made the decision to look into a weight loss tool that works and after months of research, psych evaluations and nutritionist visits I was finally approved for the gastric sleeve. I am scheduled for surgery on the 30th of this month. I'm a little nervous and excited but extremely thankful I found this forum, your posts are very helpful.

I am scheduled for the 28th of June !!

<p>Hello All, </p> <p> </p> <p>My first post, and I am happy to say that my surgery has been scheduled for June 23rd and I start my 2 week liquid diet tomorrow. Yikes...I have been on the 6 month supervised diet and I am happy to say that I have lost 50 lbs. It made me question wether or not I should have this surgery. I had to remind myself I have lost weight before but put every pound back on plus more. This time it is for real. My birthday was June 2nd and I ended up in the ER that night. I found out I had gallstones and that I needed to have my gallbladder out. I called my Dr office the next day and asked if I was approved for surgery yet and if so can I have my gallbladder out at the same time. Funny enough they got the approval for the surgery the same day! Wow...timing is everything right??? Well so now I am running around getting all my approvals to have my gallbladder out too. I am so nervous and super excited for this life change, but the next two weeks I think will be the toughest. I have been very good with changing my eating habits over the last 6 months and I feel more confident than ever to be able to do the liquid diet, but this weekend I started wondering what will I never eat again. I wanted to make sure I had all the foods I won't be able to eat after surgery. Man I made myself so sick. It was an eye opener. I don't want to feel like that anymore so why am I forcing food down my throat. I just needed to share my thoughts with people that understand. My husband doesn't understand the food cravings, or the emotions attached to food, but he is my biggest cheerleader and is the most supportive person in my life. </p> <p> </p> <p> </p>

I can relate! I start my two week pre diet Monday...thinking of everything I can never eat again! Making me realize maybe I do have food issues? I am scheduled for the 28th. I am really worried about the liquid diet? Honestly getting nervous!!

1st

Edited by jamey831

1st day of liquid diet down!! It wasn't as bad as I thought...Thursday will be the hardest since we are having a huge potluck at work. The only problems I had yesterday with the liquid diet are these dang headaches...do they go away?? Good luck jenny!!

Edited by jamey831

My surgery is in exactly 6 days! I can't believe how fast the time has flown by!

Hope all my June sleevers are doing good!

Holly