Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any 2014 June Sleevers

ME ME! June 3rd! I am so excited! Having at the University of Chicago. I'd love to follow and be friends with anyone within the same time frame, really ANYONE who has gone through this or is going to! Support is everything!

ME ME! June 3rd! I am so excited! Having at the University of Chicago. I'd love to follow and be friends with anyone within the same time frame, really ANYONE who has gone through this or is going to! Support is everything!

I am June 4th in Michigan! So nervous right now. Any luck finding a good Protein Shake? My first try was awful (premier Protein chocolate) and I have to start my liquids on Monday so I need to find something quick so I can stock up. Good luck on Tuesday! Update me when you can and I will let you know how my surgery is going as well.

Hi I am 9 days into my liquid diet and it has not been fun but I have lost 14lbs so I guess its ok my mind is no longger on food all day like it was. My surgery is on June 4 in Rock Island IL im scared but really excited to be starting a new life.

HI! Good luck to you as well! I found 2 shake mixes I like. I got both from Amazon. The chocolate one is by Gold Standard. It's 100% whey, 24g Protein per scoop. The other is vanilla and it's by Isopure. It's more expensive but yummy! It has 25g protein per scoop. My dietician also recommended a product called PB2, it's a dry Peanut Butter. YUM O! It adds protein and makes the drinks extra yummy. I also found a shake recipe book "The Bariatric Foodie Guide to Perfect Protein Shakes" and another book "Weight Loss Surgery Cookbook for Dummies". Both have really good recipes. I also bought some extracts to add flavor. The first book calls for a lot of them to make up different flavors. I just ordered a flavor free Protein Powder to add to puddings and stuff. I'm going to make some pureed stuff and freeze it over the next few days. I'll let you know how that goes.

I'm new at this blogging stuff but I'll do my best to follow you as well. I have to have some support from others because the hospital I am having this done at is a good 2 hours from my house. There's no way I can get there biweekly for the support group..

How on earth do I reply to a specific person and follow a specific person? I got some learning to do for sure here!

I was told to do HIGH Protein, low carb, low calorie and LOTS of Water. Not doing strict liquids at all. And I am taking a chewable for women to get used to the chewable part for the first 2 weeks when you cannot have any big pills.< /p>

But I may start the all liquids now that I've read all this! I sure don't want there to be ANY reason to have them not do my surgery on the day scheduled!

I wasn't instructed go do all liquids either so it's a relief to see another person that hasn't been on a pre-op liquid diet. My sleeve is scheduled for June 4th!!! I'm so nervous but I'm excited too! I enjoy the Rockin Refuel Protein Drinks. Good idea with the unflavored Protein powder, I'll have to look into that. I also ordered a couple cookbooks for after the surgery! Feel free to talk to me anytime you need, no one can ever have enough support!!!

<p>HI! Good luck to you as well! I found 2 shake mixes I like. I got both from Amazon. The chocolate one is by Gold Standard. It's 100% Whey, 24g Protein per scoop. The other is vanilla and it's by Isopure. It's more expensive but yummy! It has 25g protein per scoop. My dietician also recommended a product called PB2, it's a dry Peanut Butter. YUM O! It adds protein and makes the drinks extra yummy. I also found a shake recipe book "The Bariatric Foodie Guide to Perfect Protein Shakes" and another book "Weight Loss Surgery Cookbook for Dummies". Both have really good recipes. I also bought some extracts to add flavor. The first book calls for a lot of them to make up different flavors. I just ordered a flavor free protein powder to add to puddings and stuff. I'm going to make some pureed stuff and freeze it over the next few days. I'll let you know how that goes.</p> <p>I'm new at this blogging stuff but I'll do my best to follow you as well. I have to have some support from others because the hospital I am having this done at is a good 2 hours from my house. There's no way I can get there biweekly for the support group..</p>

I would love to hear about your recipes!! My surgery isn't until July 1st! I am trying to do a lot of reading and seeing what others like!

Ok it's getting real now..I just got scheduled for June 16th...I am really anxious but also very excited..I may have been able to get in earlier if I didn't get bronchitis this past weekend...but I want to be totally better before the surgery...

I am also on June 10 th.... I am beyond excited!

I am also on June 10 th.... I am beyond excited!

Hi! I've been lurking for a while. My surgery is the 4th. I've been on my pre-op diet for a week now and it's rough! Tomorrow is my pre-op at the hospital. I feel like I should be doing stuff around the house to get ready but am completely braindead on what. Anyone else feel like that?

Hi! I've been lurking for a while. My surgery is the 4th. I've been on my pre-op diet for a week now and it's rough! Tomorrow is my pre-op at the hospital. I feel like I should be doing stuff around the house to get ready but am completely braindead on what. Anyone else feel like that?

My surgery is on the 4th as well, And Yes I have moments When I can't think. I feel brain dead. This is my my 5th day of 10 day liquid diet, I'm have way there, I just wish my brain would wake up. As long as I'm moving I'm fine but when dinner time comes my brain do what ever it want. :-)

Edited by AnnaMaria