Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any 2014 June Sleevers

Well...pre-op really works. Just started day 4 of 800 calorie liquid diet and did a weigh in this morning. Lost 6 pounds. I am pretty imprerssed, very hungry at times, but more impressed right now. Anyone who has not started this yet, don't worry, you can do this. It is not as bad as I thought. More to come later.

I Started my Clear Liquids diet today, for next 10 day. My surgery date is June 4. Last 2 weeks I was on 1500 calories diet lost 5lbs. But today is where the fun starts- clear liquids and 3 Protein Shakes a day!

Starting pre op liquids on Monday 5/26. No BBQ for me. Any tips on keeping headaches and crankiness away.

I have to drive 330 miles to go home on tue and back to work on wed. I'm a bit worried about being foggy headed and loopy.

Brand new here. I'm having the sleeve on June 3rd in Denver. I can eat up until midnight for my 7:30 am surgery. I'm not sure why, after hearing so many stories of liver shrinking and liquid diets. Oh well. I'm more focused on post June 3rd. Already scheduled a counseling appt. one week out.

My doctor never instructed me to do a pre-op liquid diet either. He just said to try not to eat anything "too heavy" during the week before my surgery. I even asked again because I've been seeing so much about the liquid diets but he said that every person is different and he didn't see a need for me to do that. So hopefully everything goes well, I get it June 4th.

My dr requires 14 days liquids. Protein with either milk or Water 4 times. broth or Jello or sugar free Popsicles if needed. No herbs or herbal tea. No NSAIDs. coffee and tea are fine.

Strange of everyone is different. Mine is laparoscopic which I thought they all are. Maybe not.

Well...pre-op really works. Just started day 4 of 800 calorie liquid diet and did a weigh in this morning. Lost 6 pounds. I am pretty imprerssed, very hungry at times, but more impressed right now. Anyone who has not started this yet, don't worry, you can do this. It is not as bad as I thought. More to come later.

Ok, Ripper. If you say so. I'm going to hold you to that. I am scheduled for surgery on 6/30 and will begin my 2 week liquid diet on 6/16. When I am hungry and complaining, I will seek you out for support. lol. Good luck with your upcoming surgery. Please let us know how you're feeling after surgery.

My doctor never instructed me to do a pre-op liquid diet either. He just said to try not to eat anything "too heavy" during the week before my surgery. I even asked again because I've been seeing so much about the liquid diets but he said that every person is different and he didn't see a need for me to do that. So hopefully everything goes well, I get it June 4th.

wow amandaseiders, good for you. I am required to do the 2 week liquid diet and I am dreading it. I wish my surgeon would have told me to "eat light" instead of "eat nothing". It's interesting how this surgery is different for so many people. Good luck with your upcoming surgey. Let us know how you're feeling after surgery.

Edited by Denise73

I'm scheduled for June 23rd...I'm nervous now cuz I don't knw what to tell my supervisor to get the approval for being off...she gave some of my other co-workers a hard time about it....what to do????? But I'm excited to finally get to this point!!!!

Hi blackbeautywaiting, tell your medical doctor to write a note requesting you take time off from work. Supervisor's usually won't give an employee a hard time if the time off is a medical necessity. Your doctor won't give a specific reason so it won't appear to be "elective surgery". Employees must grant the time off since having a "sick" employee at work causes legal problems if the employer knows or makes them come into to work. You would be considered a "liability" at work. Good luck with your surgery as well as requesting the time off.

I'm scheduled for surgery on 6/30/2014 so please let me know how your surgery goes.

My dr requires 14 days liquids. Protein with either milk or Water 4 times. broth or Jello or sugar free Popsicles if needed. No herbs or herbal tea. No NSAIDs. coffee and tea are fine.<br><br> Strange of everyone is different. Mine is laparoscopic which I thought they all are. Maybe not.

mine is laparoscopic too. Apparently surgeons are very different.

<p><sub>I am scheduled for June 24, I guess it really hasn't sank in yet but Im super excited. Im having to go to Mexico for my surgery because our insurance was a no go but I found an awesome doctor with a wonderful coordinator that will be by my side the entire time...anyone else going to Mexico in June??</sub></p>

I am planning a July ??? First week? In Mexico!! Please let's share our experiences!! I am worried about the long flight for me! Florida! Not sure it's a good idea on the way home? Who's your doctor? I am going with ALIGHTERME?

I have to do 2 day liquid diet pre op so starting that on June 2nd. I just found out that they use a robot for the surgery. Anyone had that before? They said I might have less pain after but otherwise it is pretty similar to laparoscopic. I also had a nissen surgery done 15 years ago and my doctor is going to leave it in place and said that she will only be able to remove 70% of my stomach instead of the 85%. I have been searching forums and can't really find anyone that had the same type of sleeve procedure but my doctor said she has done it before with patients that had the nissen wrap. Really getting scared right now.