Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Almost 2 weeks post op

With the two week liquid diet included I have lost 29 pounds! As of today! When I started I weighed in at a whopping 347pounds.. now I'm down to 318.. I honestly can't remember when the last time was that I weighed under 330.. This is the absolute best thing in the world..

I have had a hard time getting in my Protein and Water.. Does anybody have some helpful tips or ideas? My diet consists of cottage cheese, greek yogurt, sugar free pudding & apple sauce.. I'm already so bored and discusted with it, I prefer not to eat..

I also have a tmi.. I have been taking Miralax to use the restroom.. But I havent been able to since the hospital.. I'm starting to get a little worried..

You are doing awesome!!! I wish I had advice for your diet right now. You're just in that hard stage. We all make it through it some how, but it is totally worth it. I used to mix a box of sugar free cherry Jello powder in with my cottage cheese and it was devine!! And if you puree it, it becomes a "cherry fluff"!!! It was what I lived on for a week! LOL As for your Water, I found it almost impossible for me to meet the guidelines. Just sip sip sip all day long! You will be fine. Very proud of you! Keep up the good work! :)

Edited by StephanieRR

I am exactly 2 weeks post op today!! 29 lbs is awesome. I am down 25 lbs but this is also from the liquid diet the first 2 weeks.

I have had the opposite reaction and have had diarrhea non stop. The food has been a struggle for me. I have no idea how many calories I should be taking in but I know it is never near enough. I have struggled with acid reflux and get it almost immediately after I eat.

I have been drinking a lot of fruit and veggie Jamba juices. (I have them add a scoop of protein) and they were running a special for $2.00 for a small (which is almost more than I can drink) That way I am getting my fruits and veggies.

For Water I have been drinking Vitamin Water to help - it gives me the Vitamins I need and also is flavored but I watch my sugar on this. Also to help me drink more water sometimes I'll add crystal light.

I have been also doing some Soups. Zuppa's makes a good Wisconsin cheese Soup made out of cauliflower (it is smooth with no chunks.) I get the tiniest cup they have and don't add any cheese to it. I also will cook chicken noodle Soup but just eat the broth. I also bought a can of bean dip. It is pureed and is high in protein! tastes yummy too - but I can only handle 2 tbsp. at a time and I eat it pretty slow. Hummus is another good one - if I want a treat I will eat a spoonful of that.

Also take your greek yogurt and get some frozen fruit, water and a scoop of Protein for a great smoothie! Blend it REALLY good to make sure you don't have any chunks - one smoothie lasts me 2 hours! I just take a 16 oz. cup do 1/4 to 1/2 c. of water, a container of strawberry greek yogurt (the small one) a scoop of Protein, a handful of frozen strawberries and BLEND like crazy. (I use a magic bullet) you could also do blueberries, peaches etc. I've added Kale before also.

@Avryv be careful of the juices...if it starts from fresh fruit and vegetables, it's not quite as bad, but my doc advised against juice... and fruit should be more of a treat... maybe once or twice a week because of the high carb/sugar count... so that may help you if you cut back on those things a bit...

good luck, you guys are doing great!

@@BigGirlPanties really? I hadn't heard that? My Dr. said as long as it doesn't have added sugar or added juice that is high in sugar. hmmm (They are all being made from fresh fruit and veggies)

Yeah from 1-5 weeks post op, I am only allowed to have cottage cheese, greek yogurt, sugar free pudding, apple sauce and of course the Protein Shakes strictly.. My nutrionist says that anything else is too hard on my staples /:

@@McKaylee Man maybe I missed the memo??

@Avryv every doctor is a bit different (unfortunately) on their program... if it's working for you, that's cool... but now is the time to refrain from extra sugars and carbs to lose faster... but you are doing just fine :)

@@BigGirlPanties Yeah any advice to lose faster would be great.. I'll cut them out this weekend and see if my "stall" goes away! Every time I eat cottage cheese though I feel like it gets stuck in my throat and is going to come back up! I love it but man it makes me feel like I'm going to hurl. I can barely eat any of it :(

I was told I could do pureed foods come week two (any food) just as long as it has been pureed.

@Avryv with cottage cheese...put in blender a bit to make it smoother for yourself, maybe add a bit of milk if that helps...but you'll get there...don't push it... you'll be glad you took it slow!

adding Protein powder to just about anything will help you as well