Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lap band fills, do you ever wish they would put in more cc's at a time?

So I had my surgery December, 18th 2013. I have a 10 cc band and I have been into the doctor and have gotten 6 fills. I am currently only up to 3 cc in my band. now I guess that they are moving me to .33 fills which means ill have to go in 3 more times just to get up to 4 cc's in my band. I guess my point is that I am frustrated with how long I have been in the yellow zone. I was 387 at the beginning of my journey and now I am down to 332. I have lost weight and it has helped me not be as hungry. The worse thing I noticed is that I am hungry withen like an hour of me eating. What do you guys suggest I do to keep my mind off of being hungry all the time.

My first fill, I received 4.5 ccs...I have had two since then and am now at 6.5 ccs (1cc each visit)....as frustrating as it would be to go so slow, I worry about what happens when I get close or even reach 10cc's (this is assuming I have a 10cc band, I'm afraid to ask..lol). what happens if I still don't feel very much restriction. I was banded in January and have lost 35lbs....I'm worried and scared that WHAT IF I'm one that it doesn't work on...???

I was told that I needed more Protein, was told to eat one of those Pure Protein Bars...until I could get my hunger under control. but I also get up and move around a lot more now that I feel a little better...try just walking around your house a few times!!! outside if weather permit's okay? best wishes kassy07, you'll do fine!!! My 1st fill was 2 cc's and 2nd fill was another 1 cc, so I am at 3 cc's as well...I go for my next one May 8th!!! So hang in there just don't give up...learn to eat slowly, small bites and chew chew chew...that is what is helping me.

I was told the same thing, they want me at 100 grams of Protein a day but at 1100 calories a day, it is so hard and Protein Shakes just arent cutting it. I guess I am just being impatient and I just really need to work on going out and exercising more. I get discouraged and my first coping skill to do is to eat bad things.

Focus on Protein like Mikee said. I always have a baggie of mesquite smoked turkey in the fridge to take the edge off. There's this new cream cheese with extra Protein in it that you can lather up the turkey or even some deli ham and that's a good snack that sticks with you.

I feel your pain too. I was banded 11/28/2011 and I was in Bandster hell for 4 months. Right where you are. But my doctor was much more aggressive. It pisses me off that some of these docs drag this out. I understand the reasoning for taking 2-4 fills to find some restriction but your doc's one of those who is overly cautious..

It's tough, but you might have to get assertive with your doc and tell him you aint waitin no longer. Let's launch this rocket now!! :angry:

That sounds like a very small amount to receive at each fill appointment. Is this protocol financially-driven, or are all these fills included in your surgery cost? I'd be hopping mad if I had to pay for a .33 fill!

I guess in the longterm, because we all have to look at this with a view towards the longterm, it won't matter, because you'll eventually get to your optimal fill level. But I can understand how this must be frustrating for you. We all went through bandster hell (I'm in fact currently back in that special place, but just plugging through it since I know it is temporary); your bandster hell just may be longer than the norm.

Just keep in mind it's only for a little while longer...and keep front-loading the Protein, stay away from anything that sparks your appetite (for me this is carbs and sugar) and keep busy and moving!

Edited by parisshel

I sure hope when I get my 3rd fill on the 8th I get at least 1 cc again...not feeling any restriction and I so want to start losing weight again, so tired of feeling I'm on a stall...or like they call bandster hell!!! so am hanging in there but want so much to start losing again. thinking of you kassy07...keep on sending out your posts!!!

Edited by Mikee57

I feel like they just want my money, I have to pay a 40 dollar copay every visit. So by the time I'm up to 4 ccs I'd have paid 120 dollars. It's ridiculous. And what happens when my flex spending runs out? I won't be able to afford it and then I'll really be screwed.

Can I make them give me more?

Can I make them give me more?

It would be a good question to ask. I'd be honest with them and just tell them that you'd prefer larger fills as it is costly to keep coming in for these smaller ones. Ask them their rationale behind the .33s; they may have a legitimate reason why they do it this way. But if they don't, I'd speak up and say that you'd like a more-reasonable fill so that you can get this thing going!

It took 7 months & 8 fills to feel restriction but it was the 8th month & 9th fill when I was filled too tight & finally lost 23lbs in 2 months at 7.9cc's in a 10cc band.

Being too tight came with a liquid diet & night coughs & vomitting & terrible terrible reflux.

So be careful what u wish for. Its hard to live life throwing up Water & liquids at work at church & in the malls, & riding around with a spit cup.

I've since had 1.0 removed after an xray showed signs of a slip.

I go back May 7th to see if the slip has straightened itself out so that I can get at least .5 of that added back.

Hi,

I am 3ths post surgery. I have had 5 ml added to band I still feel very little restriction. Have lost 17kilos since op still have 70 to go.

I am hoping that something will kick in soon it is a 9ml band maybe next fill might start to cut it.

Hi,

I am 3ths post surgery. I have had 5 ml added to band I still feel very little restriction. Have lost 17kilos since op still have 70 to go.

I am hoping that something will kick in soon it is a 9ml band maybe next fill might start to cut it.

17 kilos is a lot so congrats on the will power. Hopefully your next fill will give you the satiety you want?

Glenys Jane congrats and I hope this next fill works for you too. I am also 3 mths post op and have lost 38 lbs...close to 17 kilos right? I only have 3 cc's in my band and feel no restriction at all. Hoping your next fill gets you to that Green Zone!!! :lol: