Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm getting closer and closer to my surgery date (tentatively scheduled for early July), and I've started to get more interested in various tools that will help me monitor--and keep me motivated for--my weight loss journey. I picked up the FitBit Aria scale, and only after one use I really like it. Now i want to get the FitBit One to start tracking steps.

One of the options with FitBit is to have "friends" on the app to motivate each other towards our goals. Do any of you use FitBit and/or would you want to be FitBit Friends? I don't have my FitBit linked to my Facebook, but the e-mail I'm using there is joshav8r@gmail.com.

Look forward to seeing you there!

Aloha,

Josh

Hi Josh! I use a Jawbone Up. Not sure if we can friend across platforms. Feel free to contact me anytime. Alex - alexhdsn1@gmail.com

Hi Josh! I use a Jawbone Up. Not sure if we can friend across platforms. Feel free to contact me anytime. Alex - alexhdsn1@gmail.com

I sent an invitation...we'll see if it works!

Howdy!

Yes, I do have a FitBit currently and would be happy to be friends. I sent you an invite. My email address is tfrance@columbus.rr.com and my FitBit name is Tony F.

Although I have to tell you I plan on returning my FitBit because of the skin irritation recall. Until I get my return kit from them I will be continuing to use it.

Alex, how do you like your Jawbone Up? I have been looking around and I think that is what I am going to replace my FitBit with.

Feel free to reach out anytime!

Tony

Howdy!

Yes, I do have a FitBit currently and would be happy to be friends. I sent you an invite. My email address is tfrance@columbus.rr.com and my FitBit name is Tony F.

Although I have to tell you I plan on returning my FitBit because of the skin irritation recall. Until I get my return kit from them I will be continuing to use it.

Alex, how do you like your Jawbone Up? I have been looking around and I think that is what I am going to replace my FitBit with.

Feel free to reach out anytime!

Tony

Tony:

I accepted your request and you now show up on my friends list. I don't know what stats are calculated on the dashboard friends tile, but whatever it is I'm waaaaaaaay behind you! Lol

Hey Josh,

I think that number is the total number of steps since I got the FitBit which was around Christmas. You will start adding up steps fast I am sure.

Were you and Alex able to connect? I am considering switching to the Jawbone device so I was just curious.

Take care!

Tony

Hey Josh,

I think that number is the total number of steps since I got the FitBit which was around Christmas. You will start adding up steps fast I am sure.

Were you and Alex able to connect? I am considering switching to the Jawbone device so I was just curious.

Take care!

Tony

Tony:

Thanks for the info. I did some research and discovered that the total displayed is your rolling 7-day step total. Since I've only been using FitBit for two days, my numbers are really low.

I was able to accept your friend request and see your totals. You've got the majority of your profile set to private, so the only thing I can see is your 7-day step total.

I haven't researched the Up, so I don't know how that might affect what you can do with FitBit.

Aloha,

Josh

It won't take long for your numbers to get up there. At least you have the nice weather of Hawaii. :-)

Our weather has been off and on the past few weeks. Some days it's nice and some days you just want to stay in and hibernate.

I need to do better with getting out and walking regardless of what the weather is.

Take care,

Tony

It won't take long for your numbers to get up there. At least you have the nice weather of Hawaii. :-)

Our weather has been off and on the past few weeks. Some days it's nice and some days you just want to stay in and hibernate.

I need to do better with getting out and walking regardless of what the weather is.

Take care,

Tony

True...I hadn't thought of that! But truth be told, the majority of my steps were on an indoor treadmill. I'm using C25K as my cardio workout, and I've been able to get a few sessions in this week while I'm off, so that's helped. Like you, I also need to work on walking regardless if I've done the treadmill or not.

Well I shouldn't use the weather as an excuse. I could always go to the gym to get my walking in. Right now that is all I am allowed to do. In four weeks the doc said I can start playing softball again.

You said your surgery is scheduled for July?

You said your surgery is scheduled for July?

It's not official yet, but that's the plan. I have my one-on-one with the nutritionist next week, and that will be the final step that the surgeon needs to get final approval from my insurance and schedule a date. I've been promised that early July won't be a problem, but I won't be comfortable until I actually set a date. I've got a ton of logistics/planning to work through--getting time off from work, flying the parents in, coordinating my return to work, etc. So once I get the official date, I can pull the trigger so to speak on a lot of things that are right now just in the planning stages.

I hope it all goes as planned and your approval comes quickly. Waiting can really suck...haha. I started my process back in October, got approval from insurance in February and had surgery on 4/8/14. I had to delay the surgery a couple of weeks because of some work commitments. Luckily I was able to get it done in early April. I have a tripped planned at the end of May so I wanted to be back to normal as much as possible before the trip.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you!

I hope it all goes as planned and your approval comes quickly. Waiting can really suck...haha. I started my process back in October, got approval from insurance in February and had surgery on 4/8/14. I had to delay the surgery a couple of weeks because of some work commitments. Luckily I was able to get it done in early April. I have a tripped planned at the end of May so I wanted to be back to normal as much as possible before the trip.

Thanks, I appreciate it. Sounds like you're well on the road to recovery! Hope it's smooth sailing from here on out for you!

Thanks, I appreciate it. Sounds like you're well on the road to recovery! Hope it's smooth sailing from here on out for you!

Hey Josh,I recently switched to the Jawbone UP so I don't know if you will be able to see any activity for me or not. I wanted to let you know just so you don't think I died or something....lol!Take care,Tony

Hey Josh,I recently switched to the Jawbone UP so I don't know if you will be able to see any activity for me or not. I wanted to let you know just so you don't think I died or something....lol!Take care,Tony

Lol thanks! I noticed your steps dropped off so I was wondering what happened. It all makes sense now!