Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

WA-Seattle, Tacoma, Kitsap or King counties

Count me in. i would love to attend and meet others in our area. I'm in Auburn between Seattle and Tacoma. I would be happy to help out with organizing and coordinating the event.

I have written a response to everyone on the original post. We will keep in touch. You are welcome to attend the support groups we have Swedish in Seattle on the 2nd Saturday of the month 10 to 11:30 am or on the 4th Tuesday at Swedish in Issaquah 6 to 7pm. These are open to all surgery patients regardless of where you had your surgery done.

Overlake in Bellevue also welcomes all...

I am in tacoma / lakewood area would be willing to meet in Kent area , there is a small group of about 3 or 4 that meet in Spanaway but i am lookign for a bigger group, surgeon has a group but that is in Everette and way to far to travel for a support group anyhow if anyone is in Tacoma, olympia , lakewood , Fife area hit me up , would love to have a walking, zumba , workout partner.

Will post more when I know more. Lee

I am in Kent (South King County). I have been to my surgeon's monthly support groups and was VERY disappointed and often left feeling very sad, so I stopped going.

I would LOVE to have a local group of people from different surgeons and experiences to meet with!

I'm also interested - please add me to the contact list! I live in West Seattle

I live in Kitsap Co. (Bremerton area) and I'm in the pre-op phase with my surg scheduled for 8/13 at Overlake Hosp. in Bellevue, Luckily my ins Grp Health offers monthly support meetings but its only open to GH members. It would be nice to open to all because a good support systems is really important. Good luck everyone and I'll definitely check in from time to time to see if there is a group set up for Kitsap Co.

I'm in Maple Valley!!!! :-)

I'm also interested. It would be great to actually pick a date and location.

I'm also interested - please add me to the contact list! I live in West Seattle

Hey! Im in west seattle, alki area! :)

Dylan

I live in Bothell. Eastside I am going to have the sleeve the first of 2015 through the VA. Looking for support as I begin to make changes before surgery.

Is there a veteran on this list that would like to help organize this with me, I'm willing to co-chair, volunteer whatever. I am pre-op and it would be nice to have some diversity of experience involved in the planning process, just a thought. Alex asked ppl to PM him for details on how to start a local chapter and I also believe there is another thread somewhere on here about people from our area. If this has already been done by someone, again I'd love to help this move forward.

As it stands, we are doing a very Pacific Northwest thing right now...saying it would be great to meet up with someone but never actually taking the steps to make it happen. I know that's how we typically roll, but let's change that!! ;)

I imagine it would be as simple finding a public space, cafe to meet starting with monthly or 6 meetings a year depending on level of interest. It would be nice to progress to hikes especially as the weather changes...(I like to hike in the fall). I think there is enough interest to do this and many who would find this sort of support helpful. I think a large meeting to start in Seattle and then break-aways can happen for folks more south or north or Island counties if the group is large enough.

Who's in to help organize?

Hi misformimi, I would love to help organize a group. I know a place in Bothell where we could meet. Lyons den coffee shop. I can check into using one of there private meeting rooms.

OK. Great. Bothell may appear to people points North. I found a list of rooms available for free or low cost. http://www.michaelhartzell.com/meeting-rooms-in-seattle-king-county/

If your option doesn't work, I'll go peeling through these. I also know of some cafes that have rooms.

Glad you are willing to help. When I get to a computer, I will pm the folks interested in making this happen.

I like the idea of doing one before the holidays start with family commitments and travel.

Thanks again!